Win our last 2 games and we’ll be 4th !! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Win our last 2 games and we’ll be 4th !!

tha8ball

Tiger Legend
Jan 6, 2005
Oh East Melbourne!
End of the day - it’s in our hands. If we are good enough we will win both and go on our merry way. We have been building our entire season around these last two weeks and finals I reckon. If we put in a rubbish effort and get rolled tmrw then we can only blame ourselves.

The motivation is surely there.

Reactions: 4 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
collingwood will win their last two..so we had to win our last two anyway

We'll know by end of next Friday whether that's true. You'd expect Collingwood to beat Essendon but it's been such a topsy turvy season and Bombers are laso fighting for a spot in the 8. One thing for certain we won't be ahead of Collingwood on percentage after Adelaide's weak performance so we need to stay one game ahead to finish top 4.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not only did the bastards get 4 points but they got percentage yay Adelaide you chumps.

#noDodeenocrows

They are one seriously fractured outfit.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Yep they need that and they need Ricciuto to get the hell out of their boardroom.

Pyke needs to go as well as his assistants, Walker is near finished.

They need skill and pace they have no pace around the contest and lack hardness anywhere else.

No upcoming key forwards no upcoming junior key mids, they have O Brien but thats it.

Luckily weve locked up CJ for another couple of seasons to keep them away from him.

2017 has hurt the Crows in more ways than one.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Both those things were never going to happen! They’ve done us a favour because otherwise we would have been playing in Perth!
Yep good point. Collingwood winning means we have to win our next 2. Had geelong won we would jump brisbane into 3rd.

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
5th more likely than 4th. Bullies or Essendon in the finals then and lets be honest - we don't want it to be the Bullies.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Yep good point. Collingwood winning means we have to win our next 2. Had geelong won we would jump brisbane into 3rd.

Needed Collingwood to lose. Didn't happen. I'm not confident of winning both of last 2 so for me the most likely scenario now is 5th if we win 1 of them. If we lose both there's a chance we end up playing Essendon. Not making top 4 will mean an interstate game somewhere along the line if we keep winning.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Ok we must beat WC. When we do the scenario for finishing 4th is simple. We must beat Brisbane, Geelong must beat Carlton and West Coast must beat Hawks.

James

Tiger Rookie
Sep 11, 2016
Yep they need that and they need Ricciuto to get the hell out of their boardroom.

Pyke needs to go as well as his assistants, Walker is near finished.

They need skill and pace they have no pace around the contest and lack hardness anywhere else.

No upcoming key forwards no upcoming junior key mids, they have O Brien but thats it.

Luckily weve locked up CJ for another couple of seasons to keep them away from him.

2017 has hurt the Crows in more ways than one.
What do you think of Fogarty?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Are we serious. We are scared of the doggies on the G.
We play that mini me ground like *smile*, don’t use that as excuse.
We will torch them on the G.
The only side that can stop us WC and maybe Collingwood.
That’s why if we don’t do anything in September, we could be the next Adelaide/Fremantle. Same for Collingwood & Geelong.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
If we're half as good a team as we fans like to think we are. Then we'll beat anyone on any given day...................................... as long as we bring our A game.

Pretty much the same for most of the sides in the comp, bring your A game n you win consistently, if you're a few % off your game it won't be hard to get beaten. Not in the slightest fussed where we finish in the eight or who we play where. I'm actually of the belief that with the new bye week before the finals it's probably better to get a continuous run of games during the finals rather than stop starting of a bye, one final, another week off n then Prelim - Granny.

One simple rule for winning finals n flags. Stand n deliver, there's no room for faffing around n trying to pick who or where you play. If you're good enough it's head down bum up n take on n beat whatever gets in the way.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Needed Collingwood to lose. Didn't happen. I'm not confident of winning both of last 2 so for me the most likely scenario now is 5th if we win 1 of them. If we lose both there's a chance we end up playing Essendon. Not making top 4 will mean an interstate game somewhere along the line if we keep winning.

We'll beat Brisbane at the G. They could only beat a misfiring Geelong by a point at home.

The big game is today. We will finish fourth and play Cats in the first week of finals.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
We finish top of the ladder again if
We beat WCE by 40
and Bris by 50
And Carlton beat Geelong.

And we STILL play Geelong in the QF.

If Geelong beat Carlton then we finish 2nd