Worrying signs from Richo | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Worrying signs from Richo

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but IMHO Richo has shown signs all year that he's getting old. Has anyone else noticed this?

I reckon he's lost a bit of pace, and that his leap has been missing most of the year. Also, he's being consistently beaten by younger, no-name defenders.

He's had a physically tough career, and I'm afraid it lends weight to the fact we should trade him.

It's last chance this year - nobody will want him next year and I wouldn't be surprised if he only lasts a couple more seasons of AFL footy.

Any thoughts?

I dont know whatot think of Richo. I keep changing my mind on him. I do think hed be worth something but then i realise waht he is capable of and how much the clb means to him and his family. He still is one of our better footballers too adn it would be a travesty to the man if we won a flag wihtout him. his constant sooking *smile* me though.

I think the chance to trade him came and went last year. There's no doubt he's on the downslide now - 4 goals would be a major haul for him these days. He's signed up for several years and I don't believe there's anything the club could do about it even if they did decide to trade him.

Agreed Shawry 100%

We all know how good the man is when our team is up and running, full of confidence, delivering the ball in quickly. I think, as do many people that the problem lies with delivery to him. His sooking is nothing in comparison to what i would do if professional footballers couldn't hit me with a pass over 30 to 50 metres. It's ok once in a while, but everytime he leads, the ball misses him by a mile.

Send him to Brisbane and watch him kick a 100 goals, or we could maybe try and get some decent players further up the ground. I just don't think that Bowden, Fiora, and the likes, are doing their bit with their presicsion left foot skills.

One things for sure though, it wouldn't suprise me if Richmond gave away their number 1 player when it comes to heart and passion for the jumper.

BalmyArmy said:
Agreed Shawry 100%
His sooking is nothing in comparison to what i would do if professional footballers couldn't hit me with a pass over 30 to 50 metres. It's ok once in a while, but everytime he leads, the ball misses him by a mile.

Im wiht you on this one. I am a hypocrit as i fire up at a few select bloekso n my basketball team who fail to pass the ball to me when i am open with no one on me and instead they try to take on 2-3 blokes on their own. Pissesm e offr and i do lose it. Tech fouled for swearing last night and about a year ago got a 12 week sentence with 52 weeks suspended for verbally assaulting (as it was called) a referee after he had a crack at me when i disputed soft foul calls after my mates get elbowed in the head and nothing happens and got booted out of the stadium for swearing. Pisses me off.

I agree Hungy, I fear he may have lost his edge this year. I wouldn't trade him though - his value has passed.
He was crucified on Friday night with poor delivery and a crowded forward line. To some extent he was made look slow.

My gut feeling is that we will go all out to trade him this year. Whether we're successful or not is another matter. I don't think we'll go fo a deal that includes us paying some of his salary, so we may be stuck with him.

Dean3 said:
My gut feeling is that we will go all out to trade him this year. Whether we're successful or not is another matter. I don't think we'll go fo a deal that includes us paying some of his salary, so we may be stuck with him.

Dean, his salary is the sticking point. No club would touch him as we would want to much for him and we would have to carry some of his wage.

If we could sort out our forward line, give Richo some space in which to work, get the players to kick the ball to him and not over, under, short, wide..I reckon we would see Richo become alot more productive.

However, this requires a coach with some brains :p

Captain Blood said:
His kicking is as bad as his team mates delivery to him. It's nobody elses fault Richo misses so many sitters. Theres no point making excuses for him.

I agree with CB here, you cant Blame the deleivery for the ones richo marks and kicks out on the full etc.

Some kicks this year should have been absolutle gimmies, but Richo still manages to *smile* it up.

Theres no doubt that richos on a rollercoaster thats only heading downwards and we are going along for the ride till it eventually comes to a crashing halt.