Yearly membership records. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Yearly membership records.

Kahuna

Tiger Rookie
Sep 30, 2008
Perth
Oh yeah. I imagine the anticipation come Round 1 which will hopefully result in a whole heap of new members signing up before heading into the G to watch the Tiges smash the Blues.
Dyer Disciple said:
How awesome is that going to be? With the surge you get leading into a season and then the dribbles after the 1st game....we should crack 35K easy by the financial count, no?

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
Kahuna said:
Oh yeah. I imagine the anticipation come Round 1 which will hopefully result in a whole heap of new members signing up before heading into the G to watch the Tiges smash the Blues.
and then after smashing carlton(like round 1 last season)there will probably be even more wanting to buy a membership on the way out of the G after the game only to find that the membership tent and staff have packed up and buggered off by half time.
i don`t understand why they do this,surely after a big win in front of a huge crowd would be the perfect time for people wanting to sign up,but believe it or not they do pack up and leave before half time.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
mopsy fraser said:
and then after smashing carlton(like round 1 last season)there will probably be even more wanting to buy a membership on the way out of the G after the game only to find that the membership tent and staff have packed up and buggered off by half time.
i don`t understand why they do this,surely after a big win in front of a huge crowd would be the perfect time for people wanting to sign up,but believe it or not they do pack up and leave before half time.

Very good point there mopsy, worth mentioning to the club.

Let's just hope we win...otherwise :tumbleweed

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Richmond Membership Tally as of the 19th January

Match-day - 18,379
Non Match-day - 5,191

Total - 23,570

mopsy fraser

EAT 'EM ALIVE!
May 10, 2006
geelong
Tiger_Pride said:
I agree with you there, Mopsy. You would think that us Very Intellectual Richmond supporters/workers would be smarter than that. Maybe you should take over the membership reins?
Tigers of Old said:
Very good point there mopsy, worth mentioning to the club.

Let's just hope we win...otherwise :tumbleweed

to be fair i`m pretty sure most other clubs close theirs at half time too,i know in the richmond v collingwood game last season that both richmond and collingwood`s tents were both closed when i went outside at half time.
both tents were deserted,but our tent still had the generator running(which i turned off)and 2 tiger flags still attached to the tent(which were both pinched while i was there,not by me by the way).
i just shook my head and thought typical bloody richmond,sloppy and unprofessional.
that`s probably a bit over the top considering it was only a couple of flags left there and a generator running but it`s just what i thought at the time, it was just after watching collingwood humiliate us in the first half which followed the disastrous 2007 wooden spoon which followed the spoon in 2004 and that followed only 2 finals series in 25 years and..... you get my drift.

if i was in the membership department that`s one thing i would definitely do,make sure there are some tables or a tent where you can buy memberships straight after a win.
it seems like the membership department are either too set and rigid in their ways and/or aren`t that passionate about the club.
think i may send a message to one k.sheedy,he`ll certainly stir em up.

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
mopsy fraser said:
to be fair i`m pretty sure most other clubs close theirs at half time too,i know in the richmond v collingwood game last season that both richmond and collingwood`s tents were both closed when i went outside at half time.
both tents were deserted,but our tent still had the generator running(which i turned off)and 2 tiger flags still attached to the tent(which were both pinched while i was there,not by me by the way).
i just shook my head and thought typical bloody richmond,sloppy and unprofessional.
that`s probably a bit over the top considering it was only a couple of flags left there and a generator running but it`s just what i thought at the time, it was just after watching collingwood humiliate us in the first half which followed the disastrous 2007 wooden spoon which followed the spoon in 2004 and that followed only 2 finals series in 25 years and..... you get my drift.

if i was in the membership department that`s one thing i would definitely do,make sure there are some tables or a tent where you can buy memberships straight after a win.
it seems like the membership department are either too set and rigid in their ways and/or aren`t that passionate about the club.
think i may send a message to one k.sheedy,he`ll certainly stir em up.

Good idea Mopsy.

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Just looking at the comparisons over the past few seasons between now and the season commencing. We sell somewhere in the vicinity of 6000 to 10000 ticketed memberships in this period. Given a good start to the NAB and the Cuz factor we should break our previous membership record at about round 1 of this season.

Iam guessing that our membership will be around 33-34k ticketed this year.

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
tommystigers said:
Just looking at the comparisons over the past few seasons between now and the season commencing. We sell somewhere in the vicinity of 6000 to 10000 ticketed memberships in this period. Given a good start to the NAB and the Cuz factor we should break our previous membership record at about round 1 of this season.

Iam guessing that our membership will be around 33-34k ticketed this year.

That's not enough Tommy.

FFS, with all the publicity we got over cuz and the strong 2nd half of last year Richmond supporters need to pull their bloody fingers out and buy a membership.

We should always be where those other 3 mongrel clubs are, i.e. over 40,000 every year!

tommystigers

Oct 6, 2004
tigerjoe said:
That's not enough Tommy.

FFS, with all the publicity we got over cuz and the strong 2nd half of last year Richmond supporters need to pull their bloody fingers out and buy a membership.

We should always be where those other 3 mongrel clubs are, i.e. over 40,000 every year!
You're right TJ but the problem that the RFC has is the chronic lack of any type of success. Richmond are lucky that they have real supporters that continue to put their hands in their pockets and still set membership records every year even though we have been absolute rubbish on and off the field for nigh on 30 years. 2 finals series ::) . A whole generation of Richmond fans have never experienced the thrill of a real tilt at a premiership. The sleeping Tigers have heard it all before but are yet to see it come to fruition. When we actually make the finals consistently and not by default or pure dumb luck then we may see 40000k.

Feb 25, 2007
tassie_tiger said:
nice increase since last update

Match day - 25,050
Non match - 6,281

As at 16th Feb

Yep thats massive TT, i posted 1 week ago the below figures and to have an increase of about 3,600 members is quite large...I know the AFL members had their cut off day as Jan 31st with 2 weeks leeway to get all forms in so basically the last day of mail would've been yesterday 16/2....I called the AFL a few weeks back and they said they will give a 2 week leeway for people to put their paid forms in....My group of 10, 6 of them just put their forms in to the AFL in early Feb so as to not have to pay an extra $20...Im guessing this helped sway the numbers somewhat which is pleasing....A win against the pies will definitely continue to help the membership numbers....

Match-Day - 21,479
Non Match-Day - 5,999

As of 9 Feb 09'

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
tassie_tiger said:
nice increase since last update

Match day - 25,050
Non match - 6,281

As at 16th Feb
Honestly 1st time Ive been happy with our membership numbers.....35k well in range with a good start....could we push 40k :eek:

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Approximate figures for Vic clubs:

Geelong-24,000 ticketed, 2,000 non ticketed
Essendon-28,000 ticketed, 3,000 non ticketed
Collingwood-28,000 ticketd, 3,000 non ticketed
Carlton-25,000 ticketed, 2,500 non ticketed
Richmond-25,500 ticketd, 6,500 non ticketed
St Kilda-20,000 ticketed, 2,000 non ticketed
Melbourne-19,000 ticketed, 1,000 non ticketed
Bulldogs-17,000 ticketed, 1,000 non ticketed
Hawthorn-33,500 ticketed, 3,000 non ticketed
North Melbourne-17,000 ticketed, 1,000 non ticketed

We are absolutely flying thanks to Cuz!

2nd in combined total to the dawks.

WOW!

Feb 25, 2007
tigerjoe said:
Approximate figures for Vic clubs:

Geelong-24,000 ticketed, 2,000 non ticketed
Essendon-28,000 ticketed, 3,000 non ticketed
Collingwood-28,000 ticketd, 3,000 non ticketed
Carlton-25,000 ticketed, 2,500 non ticketed
Richmond-25,500 ticketd, 6,500 non ticketed
St Kilda-20,000 ticketed, 2,000 non ticketed
Melbourne-19,000 ticketed, 1,000 non ticketed
Bulldogs-17,000 ticketed, 1,000 non ticketed
Hawthorn-33,500 ticketed, 3,000 non ticketed
North Melbourne-17,000 ticketed, 1,000 non ticketed

We are absolutely flying thanks to Cuz!

2nd in combined total to the dawks.

WOW!

Thats fantastic, but can anyone answer why our category of non-ticketed or non-match day is double and also triple compared to some teams?

Where did u get the bombers figures, they're with doubt the most deceptive club in the land when it comes to membership figures...

Tiger74

In deedily doodily neighbourino!
Jul 2, 2004
Melbourne
AstuteTiger said:
Thats fantastic, but can anyone answer why our category of non-ticketed or non-match day is double and also triple compared to some teams?

Where did u get the bombers figures, they're with doubt the most deceptive club in the land when it comes to membership figures...

word has been we have been doing well with WA memberships which I assume would mostly be non-ticketed

Feb 25, 2007
Tiger74 said:
word has been we have been doing well with WA memberships which I assume would mostly be non-ticketed

yeah i know our membership perhaps both match day and non-match day have increased in WA...actual membership meaning "match day" is about 1,000 in WA, gets u into games...but we've always had high "non-matchday members also", last years was about 8 or 9 thousand....

I was just curious as when u look at the table by far we are higher, double of pies, bombers, blues, hawks etc

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
AstuteTiger said:
yeah i know our membership perhaps both match day and non-match day have increased in WA...actual membership meaning "match day" is about 1,000 in WA, gets u into games...but we've always had high "non-matchday members also", last years was about 8 or 9 thousand....

I was just curious as when u look at the table by far we are higher, double of pies, bombers, blues, hawks etc

It's also all the people like me (born in the 60's) now with kids who have been signed up as members by their folks.

There are 4 in my house! ;D

tommystigers

Oct 6, 2004
2003 Season membership
Final total - 25,062

2004 Season Membership
15/02/04 - 16,804 Ticketed

2005 Season Membership
27/02/05 - Ticketed - 19,306 Non-ticketed - 4,684

2006 Season Membership
28/02/06: Ticketed: 19,469 Non-ticketed: 5,192

2007 Season Membership
26/02/07: Ticketed: 21,839 Non-ticketed: 5,034

2008 Season Membership:
18/2/08 Ticketed: 20,095 Non-ticketed 5,272

2009 Season Membership:
16/2/09 Ticketed 25,050 Non-ticketed 6,281

Comparison to past 5 years. :clap Go Tiges.