Yes or No | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Yes or No

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Agree...but I think it comes down to manic pressure which we have been the best at over the last 3 years. I have no idea how they work out the pressure rating but apparently we were 1.67 over round 2-4 and 1.82 in rd 5...which apparently is a significant increase??? I would be interested to know what is the winning % of teams who win the pressure rating...I bet it is very high. Bring back the manic pressure for starters and we are a chance.

I think not playing at the MCG in front of us is also a big factor from a motivation point of view.
Where can I find the team's Pressure Rating?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
dimma and dusty understand a side has about 6 - 8 glorious games in it a year

Geelong and port and collingwood have used 3 or 4 already.

We have 6-8 in the drawer. Which we wont even try to open until round 10

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Im not convinced that we are the team to beat anymore this year.
I haven't got the same confidence leading into games with everything that has happened.
The 8 weeks off, the shorter game time and not playing at the G in front of the supporters.
From the outside we look like we have lost 'The eye of the tiger"
Hardwick seems to cover to this with cheap ass excuses week in week out. From blaming the dew, the interruption and last weekend the stacking of the backline by Sydney.
He looks flustered and annoyed, similiar to the way he was in 2016.
He needs to get back to coaching and creating new plans because the game plan we had looks like its been found out.
Agree or not??
I am still bullish, as poor as we have been we are 6th, 2 pts off 2nd & of pretty much any other side we have the most upside.

Reactions: 1 users

houstontiger

Tiger Rookie
May 26, 2014
Where can I find the team's Pressure Rating?
I saw those numbers quoted on one of the footy shows after the Melbourne game..may have been Footy Classified. I have no idea where to find them and no idea how they are calculated but the higher the number the better the pressure.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
We'll find out a bit this week. Reckon we'll have our hands full with North.

North have 6 -7 odd players that routinely beat up on us.

Goldstein - quality always a hard match up.

Higgins seems to become 2017 Dustin Martin when they play us.

Cunnington is still out which is a win with our depleted midfield.

Ziebell probably to return for their GF and Wood by reports had a good reserves match so will be ready to have his one day out a year against us as he often has.

Polec the cat always looks like Keith Greig or Wayne Schimmelbusch against us as well.

Sideshow is due and will get his usual polutice of free kick goals from us.

Thomas has been playing well so is dangerous, and was a problem for us last meeting in the mold of Mason Wood of past seasons.

Gonna be a hard match for the Tigers, the Kangas were shithouse last week and have been poor in a few games, but you can bet London to a Brick its Grand Final Day for these wankers and they'll throw absolutely everything at us.

A must win game if the Tigers are to figure in the pointy end of this season after our less than adequate return against the Hawks and the Aints.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014

Ziebell probably to return for their GF and Wood by reports had a good reserves match so will be ready to have his one day out a year against us as he often has.

Polec the cat always looks like Keith Greig or Wayne Schimmelbusch against us as well.

Thomas has been playing well so is dangerous, and was a problem for us last meeting in the mold of Mason Wood of past seasons.

Gonna be a hard match for the Tigers, the Kangas were shithouse last week and have been poor in a few games, but you can bet London to a Brick its Grand Final Day for these wankers and they'll throw absolutely everything at us.

A must win game if the Tigers are to figure in the pointy end of this season after our less than adequate return against the Hawks and the Aints.
Excellent summation, Craig. Think Tarrant Thoma reported as doubtful too thankfully.

Cotchin not ready yet, Astbury a slight chance. (Who the hell do we play on 2m Sideshow if still missing? Balta? Umps will crucify him for laying a finger on his hair!)

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
I've just accepted that this home and away season will be horrible to watch. The best we can hope for is to fight, scrap and butcher our way to a finals spot, and hope like hell we can string together a miracle month of footy to win the flag.

I get the feeling most clubs are thinking the same way!

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Perfect summary.
Wood hasn't had a kick since the last time we played them.
Polac will be worth 1.5mill after satedeys game.
Higgins will be the best midfielder in the comp.
Bozzo the clown will pluck everything in the air.
Zuuurfart will be the best pressure toward in the game.
McDonald will be the best tagger too.

This game will give us a good reference point to how well we are tracking.
Im not confident.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Just get to the finals in form, that’s the goal.

First or eight never mattered less.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I still don't reckon our system has been worked out in the sense that teams have a strategy to beat it.

In order to claim that our system has been worked out we would need to play well to our system, something we are yet to do since the footy returned after the break.

DS

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
dimma and dusty understand a side has about 6 - 8 glorious games in it a year

Geelong and port and collingwood have used 3 or 4 already.

We have 6-8 in the drawer. Which we wont even try to open until round 10

Ezy lets hope its not too late....