Your Round 1 Side for 2022 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Your Round 1 Side for 2022

B: Balta Tarrant Grimes
HB: Vlastuin Broad D.Rioli
C: Lambert Bolton Baker (dvc)
HF: Cotchin Lynch Edwards
F: Martin Riewoldt Cumberland
Foll: Nankervis (c), Graham (vc), Prestia
Inter: Soldo, Short, Stack Sub: Collier-Dawkins
Emerg: Mansell, Ross, Dow

B: Balta Tarrant Grimes
HB: Vlastuin Broad D.Rioli
C: Lambert Bolton Baker (dvc)
HF: Cotchin Lynch Edwards
F: Martin Riewoldt Cumberland
Foll: Nankervis (c), Graham (vc), Prestia
Inter: Soldo, Short, Stack Sub: Collier-Dawkins
Emerg: Mansell, Ross, Dow

KMac before Stack

Hardwick really needs to forget the whole we know we will get beaten around the footy Mindset and relying on rebounds. It's clear now the way Melbourne won the flag that we need to improve significantly with clearences and stoppages playing good rebound footy is one thing but having a strong midfied is a must.

Reactions: 4 users
Quick clearance goals are lethal these days and can trigger momentum

Reactions: 1 users
Are there any games on this week?

Anyway I'd be happy with this team rolling out Rd 1

Broad Grimes (c) Tarrant
Stacky Flossy (vc) Rioli
Short Prestia Baker (the Munchkin Centre line)
Riewoldt Balta Bolton
MRJ Lynch Cotchin

Nank Martin Graham (dvc)

Int Shed Lambert Pickett Soldo

Plus 4 picks under 30 and hopefully some other trades to add to the mix.
Pretty good. I reckon though Short will stay in the back 7. and either Pickett or KMac will play wing.
Balta is the big query. He has said, and shown, he isnt ready to swing back and forth constantly. Needs to play either back or forward, and stay there.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes, we clearly need to improve clearances, especially centre clearances.

But every team will be looking at what Melbourne just did and trying to work out how to stop it. Don't expect that any team will be allowed to clear it like that again, they were superb and the way they were playing will be damned hard to stop, but tapes will be studied and teams will find ways to counteract the clean clearances Melbourne enjoyed. They are now the champs and the champs get the most scrutiny.

DS

Reactions: 3 users
Not enough of these teams have Ross, RCD or Dow in the starting lineups. I truly hope by round 1, one of these lads has broken through & pushed a premiership player out.

Last edited:
Not enough of these teams have Ross, RCD or Dow in the starting lineups. I truly home by round 1, one of these lads has broken through & pushed a premiership player out.
More chance having no protests for the next month.
Im really worried about Collier Dawkins. No urgency, Lacklustre and No drive.
The Collingwood game, *smile* the result he was running on a treadmill for 45 minutes after half time.
the only things i remember out of that game was Collier Dawkins 2nd half and Chol walking around the MCG.
Fingers
crossed he puts in a huge preseason.because next year could be his last

Not enough of these teams have Ross, RCD or Dow in the starting lineups. I truly hope by round 1, one of these lads has broken through & pushed a premiership player out.

That last bit is crucial and yet it’s a hard thing to contemplate because we’re talking about blokes who are our heroes.

The harsh reality is that we need to get to a point where multiple premiership players (meaning more than one current player and each with possibly more than one premiership) have lost their spots to new and improving talent. And that’s not because our flag heroes have suddenly declined - just that our new blokes have become so bloody good.

Just as a theoretical - I’d rather Thomson Dow and Sampson Ryan became dual premiership players than (say) Broad, Lambert, Shedda etc all winning their 4th flags just as the window slams shut

Reactions: 1 user