DreamTime side vs Esserdern | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DreamTime side vs Esserdern

Getting harder and harder to pick a side that even the most positive among us, think can get a win.

Out
Mansell injured, Vlastuin managed,
McIntosh and Sonsie omitted.

In
Bauer, Banks, Ryan and Smith.

B Bauer Miller Young
HB Brown Broad Smith*
C Ralphsmith Pickett McAuliffe
HF Coulthard Cumberland Baker
F Lefau Balta (No positioning more important than this one. Must have a plausible target)…. Martin
R Ryan Rioli D, Bolton (Pickett slowing, but well up to attack on ball and player. Shai and Dan our best and fastest players, with Baker and McAuliffe to take on the rest).
I/C Coulthard Dow Nankervis and Short
Sub Campbell
Coulthard can’t play on flank and bench. Who have I missed? 😂
- Lefau will be out with concussion protocols
- Bauer injured as others have mentioned
- Campbell was a few weeks with his knee
- Banks will miss another week due to severity of his concussion

Why would you drop Sonsie? Getting games into the youngsters is about the only positive at the minute.

Reactions: 1 users
Out - Mansell, Lefau, Short
In - Baker, Ryan, Smith

The structural changes I would make are -

- Add more defensive grunt with Baker back in defence
- McIntosh and Pickett back to their wings to support the mids and defence with their run
- Load up with runners and pressure in the fwd line with Rioli, Ralphsmith, Coulthard and Cumberland at the feet of Balta and Ryan
- Bolton and Dusty to full time midfield
(the lack of midfield run, spread and transition is the biggest issue imo)

B........Broad...........Miller.............Young
HB....Vlastuin........Brown..............Baker
C.......McIntosh......MaCAuliffe....Pickett
HF.....Rioli...............Balta................Ralphsmith
FF......Coulthard.....Ryan..............Cumberland
R.......Nank...............Bolton...........Martin
Int....Prestia.......Green.......Smith......Dow

Reactions: 2 users
In - Baker, Ryan, Smith

- McIntosh and Pickett back to their wings to support the mids and defence with their run
- Load up with runners and pressure in the fwd line with Rioli, Ralphsmith, Coulthard and Cumberland at the feet of Balta and Ryan

I like your outs. I hope Baker can come back in.

In - Baker, Ryan, Smith

Not a chance Short goes out, won’t happen.

McIntosh the other out imo. I’d play Rioli on a wing if Smith comes in at halfback.

To me Sonsie has to play, as a mid. Has looked a far better player as a midfielder than a flanker and we have to persist imo.

Green as sub

Reactions: 2 users
What happened to the Yokayi footy show this season? Loved watching it with Krak and that cute Megan Waters.

Ive been calling for mcintosh and short out for the poor form all year to be dropped. But right now we need them in and we need them to *smile* show some form of leadership and intensity and i hope the coach behind closed doors is grabbing hold of these 2 in particular and saying we need you to lift your playing at a 4 out of 10 we need you to be better !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

McIntosh the other out imo. I’d play Rioli on a wing if Smith comes in at halfback.

To me Sonsie has to play, as a mid. Has looked a far better player as a midfielder than a flanker and we have to persist imo.

Green as sub
You're right - Short won't get dropped but he should
McIntosh needs to be upgraded but we need his run and contest atm - need him and Pickett to close the easy transition teams are getting on us
Forgot Sonsie - he plays mid.

Green as sub
Why wouldn’t Short be dropped? He’s played appallingly, he deserves to be dropped, and if it gives a youngster like Smith a chance to debut, so much the better. McIntosh was dropped the other week and played in the twos. He only came back due to the plethora of injuries we suffered against the Dogs.

Why wouldn’t Short be dropped? He’s played appallingly, he deserves to be dropped, and if it gives a youngster like Smith a chance to debut, so much the better. McIntosh was dropped the other week and played in the twos. He only came back due to the plethora of injuries we suffered against the Dogs.
I didn’t say he should or shouldn’t, I said he won’t.

Reactions: 1 user
Baker, Banks, Campbell, Bauer and Trezise all available this week according the website
Also Lefau not mentioned in injury report so assume available

Possibly 5 back, hopefully Bauer. Just give me/us a win over these ego-headed Bummers.

1716276394807.png

Reactions: 1 users