Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

Grown into a core player has Jacky Ross. Simply an honest, hard working, reliable footballer. Will never be the fancy icing n sprinkles that goes on top of the cake, he's the actual cake you put the decorations on.

Reactions: 7 users
I don't see t but we all have our favourites. To me he's not a clearance player. He's not a centre square player. He's a very good VFL player who in reality is fringe AFL. It is good he will get a run of games, at least there will be the opportunity for him. But I doubt he rises much beyond fringe. Be very happy to be wrong, he strikes like a good team man. Could he become a Seb Ross type?

Saints have a very average midfield, I thought they would be an improver but they really lack class around the ball.

Reactions: 1 user
Reached his level now. Reliable but can do very good footballer stuff too occasionally. Few blues. Wouldn't break your heart if he left.

You can't have all stars in the team his that hard-working midfielder you can rely on .I still think his got a level to go up.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't see t but we all have our favourites. To me he's not a clearance player. He's not a centre square player. He's a very good VFL player who in reality is fringe AFL. It is good he will get a run of games, at least there will be the opportunity for him. But I doubt he rises much beyond fringe. Be very happy to be wrong, he strikes like a good team man. Could he become a Seb Ross type?

Saints have a very average midfield, I thought they would be an improver but they really lack class around the ball.
Jack Steele is one of the most overrated players in the country. Every reference to him is 'star', 'A-grader'. Nah. He's a B.

Reactions: 1 users
Jack Steele is one of the most overrated players in the country. Every reference to him is 'star', 'A-grader'. Nah. He's a B.
Yeh, and he's their best mid. Windhager/Jones/Crouch/Ross/Clark/Stocker/Dow.....Hill & Wang-Mil are very good, would love both at Tigers.

Sinclair is their best mid but also their best user and they prefer him distributing.

And the mid-size kids they have all have some issues - Owens (the best of them and welcome at Tigers) is an average kick, Phillipou is selfish and can't get it, Sharman can't kick and doesn't do much and Caminiti the same.

They might/probably? make the 8 but doubt they can take it to the better sides.

Yeh, and he's their best mid. Windhager/Jones/Crouch/Ross/Clark/Stocker/Dow.....Hill & Wang-Mil are very good, would love both at Tigers.

Sinclair is their best mid but also their best user and they prefer him distributing.

And the mid-size kids they have all have some issues - Owens (the best of them and welcome at Tigers) is an average kick, Phillipou is selfish and can't get it, Sharman can't kick and doesn't do much and Caminiti the same.

They might/probably? make the 8 but doubt they can take it to the better sides.
I like WIndhager.

*smile* timing for Ross' foot injury as he was just starting to build into that midfield role he's so desperately craved.

Geez I hope it's not serious but the mystery surrounding the report makes it sound as if they're awaiting scans.

We can't take a trick this year.

Reactions: 6 users
*smile* timing for Ross' foot injury as he was just starting to build into that midfield role he's so desperately craved.

Geez I hope it's not serious but the mystery surrounding the report makes it sound as if they're awaiting scans.

We can't take a trick this year.
IIRC wasn't it a foot injury that derailed his bright start to his career.?

Am happy to be corrected if I am recalling this wrong.

FFS indeed if true.

This was Meehan's report at the start of the season. No idea if related or not..

Jack Ross, big toe

"Jack's been carrying a sore big toe for pretty much all of last year. It was bugging him to the point where we decided on surgical intervention to help him. It's been a bit of a slow pre-season for Jack so far. But, in January we'll slowly build him up and have him ready for the start of the year."

Reactions: 1 user
IIRC wasn't it a foot injury that derailed his bright start to his career.?

Am happy to be corrected if I am recalling this wrong.
Fremantle, Fyfe tripped him it looked bad no report. he was killing it.

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Stress fracture 10-12 weeks.
We can't even say play the kids, because all the kids are the ones getting injured.
Dow Gibcus Bauer Fawcett Trezise

• Wow