Matthew Richardson Tribute thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Matthew Richardson Tribute thread

Ghost of Punt Road said:
Have a listen to the latest Talking Tigers podcast.

Richo: "I haven't had a chance to hold the cup yet"

....."Richo, you presented it"

Richo: "Oh yeah, I did too!" :rofl

:hihi

Was very funny. I love Richo on TT

UKTiger said:
The thing about Richo is ne is just human like the rest of us and shows his emotion on and off field like a regular guy. He is Richmond Football Club

Exactly

I've usually found that the supporters who were most critical of the great man were the ones who merely watched the 6pm news for the results to our game.

The rest of us who ride every bump week in week out, get it. We understand his on filed frustrations, because we're experiencing them in the stands. I loved ht he cared, just like we care.

Emotionally, i was coping better at the GF than i was at the Prelim when it was dawning on me that we were going to be at he big dance. I was sitting there questioning myself a little bit. Don't get me wrong, i was elated at what was unfolding in front of me, but i was holding my emotions in easier.

Then the big screen flashed over to Richo sitting tere blubbering on the sidelines, and that was it for me. I was a mess in seconds.

Now, i can't watch replays of finals games from last season without sooking it up. The latest doco's on our website have my GF asking "Are you crying again"?

He deserved success, the big fella and it's a tragedy he never saw it in his day, but it's a tribute to who he is, that he has unbridled joy for the current generation who have achieved it. He's a class act!

I'm not young anymore.

I saw the 80 Grand Final at Moonee Valley Race course - and sat with my brothers (and Dad) and watched the 82GF as a teenager.

2017 was such an amazing year - beyond joy.

I look forward to 2018.

Dusty, Cotch, Rance, Jack and many others are great players - and some are already earning reputations as great people.

BUT RICHO IS THE GREATEST OF THE LAST 37 YEARS!

He kept us enthralled, he gave us hope and he is simply a LEGEND in person/real life.

I simply can't imagine a better TIGER!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Richo, Richo man.
Aussie blokes don't sing songs about you unless you're a legend.
A shining light and a beacon of hope in very dark days. RFC membership department have a lot to thank this bloke for.
Almost ashamed to admit that I can't honestly say I would have survived the torment without him.
Bleeds and has bled yellow and black. Always appreciated and never forgotten.
I want to be a Richo man

Reactions: 1 user
One of my greatest football experiences was getting into the Richmond rooms after Ricoh kicked 10 against the bulldogs.

True legend of the club and the league.

Heart and soul of the club

No 4 said:
Have a look at Richo when he presents the cup to Hardwick & Cotchin, he has the biggest smile. And as he starts walking down, and the cup is raise, so too are Richo' s arms. He is celebrating like the rest of us.

On the reply you only get to see Richo hand over the cup, in the film clip, its all emotion. THANK YOU RICHO. You will always be my hero.

To his infinite credit did his best to quickly get of the stage not take the limelight from the team, very humble is the great man.

I remember the bleakness post 82. then came the long haired freak who jumped on heads.

Richo and a cold beverages on a cold day, the times we would beat teams when we were not meant too and belting out the song! Got me through to jack,rance, cotch, dusty and Dima the magnificent!

Honourable mentions to Knighter, Scotty turner, Lambert, Cambo and the great Cam Howat! Opps, Butch n Benny gale! Ohh and Broders!

PS The Killer Brothers, Duncan and Andy!

PSS Joel Bowden!

PSSS More Beverages after singing the song! Oh then belting out the song Again!

And another beverage...

ninjahaha said:
I remember the bleakness post 82. then came the long haired freak who jumped on heads.

Richo and a cold beverages on a cold day, the times we would beat teams when we were not meant too and belting out the song! Got me through to jack,rance, cotch, dusty and Dima the magnificent!

Honourable mentions to Knighter, Scotty turner, Lambert, Cambo and the great Cam Howat! Opps, Butch n Benny gale! Ohh and Broders!

PS The Killer Brothers, Duncan and Andy!

PSS Joel Bowden!

PSSS More Beverages after singing the song! Oh then belting out the song Again!

And another beverage...

I think you mean John Howat.

TigerForce said:
I think you mean John Howat.

Just making sure you where listening ;D

But Cam also was a absolute gun if you compare his career to the McJesus!

20120323-140236.jpg

I really enjoyed Richo being interviewed by Bob last night, what a humble champion he is.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/matthew-richardson-on-bob-former-tiger-opens-up-on-famous-dummy-spits/news-story/5728e25a0a4562d3f1d79ddf1ddf8640

He would probably get through more games now in a season than most of Collingwood's geriatric recruits.

It was GREAT TV :clap

You truly saw what a humble character he is.

Eddie Vedder who?????? He should be the one grateful for drinking with RICHO!!!

:rofl

His unrestrained joy and tears at us winning the flag only confirmed what we all knew about the Richo Man, he is a legend and I don't think there would be one Richmond supporter who wouldn't have wished him to be in the team on GF day. We will be a juggernaut with Tom Lynch but we would be a Behemoth with the Richo Man!

Will never forget the Richo chant that rang around the ground before the GF ,

You kind of got the feeling then , it was richmonds day .