Mykelti Lefau | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Mykelti Lefau

So could Mansell 1 goal in 4 games and he’s still in the side
Unbelievable that he gets games but Cumberland Coulthard and McCouglan wait in the 2's.
Rioli isn't the answer either from having the best defensive smalls in the Comp we have properly the worse 2.

Reactions: 1 user
If the Cummerbund was to kick one goal per game he'd be easily doubling the scoring output of our other small forwards at the moment. Moju n Nigel are struggling to score at half a goal per game.

Big if.

In the 5 VFL games he's played this year, he's kicked 4. In his last 4 he's kicked two.

This strange PRE conspiracy narrative that he's beating the door down is bewildering.

I've watched him live at almost every game this year.

He's playing okay, at best.

This week was his best outing, but also highlighted how much he's struggling.

So yeah, if he kicks 9 he'd get a game. He kicked 1 and got made emergency.

2 would probably do it.

By the way MRJ has kicked 6 in 7 AFL games. So, a better average than Cumberland's VFL efforts, plus the rest MRJ offers.

Reactions: 14 users
Big if.

In the 5 VFL games he's played this year, he's kicked 4. In his last 4 he's kicked two.

This strange PRE conspiracy narrative that he's beating the door down is bewildering.

I've watched him live at almost every game this year.

He's playing okay, at best.

This week was his best outing, but also highlighted how much he's struggling.

So yeah, if he kicks 9 he'd get a game. He kicked 1 and got made emergency.

2 would probably do it.

By the way MRJ has kicked 6 in 7 AFL games. So, a better average than Cumberland's VFL efforts, plus the rest MRJ offers.
It’s about how Mansell gets a game ahead of others not just Cumbo also Coulthard
Mansell HF 1 goal in the last 4 games is laughable

It’s about how Mansell gets a game ahead of others not just Cumbo also Coulthard

For gods sake Dont you realise it’s highly unlikely Cumbo will get a game
He could kick 9 goals and there’d be some demanding he should’ve kicked 10

Thats what you said.

Not sure what it has to do with Mansell.

Whom you have also misjudged.

Big if.

It really is bewildering.

Agree - we are in a phase of finding players that have creativity - in addition to discipline. Mansell is good at being negative. To grow, we need to play positive, creative players....who can defend. The fact that he plays in the first 18 is a direct reflection on the talent and determination of our list.

Thats what you said.

Not sure what it has to do with Mansell.

Whom you have also misjudged.

Has a lot to do with how certain players are gifted games whilst the goal posts are continuously on the move for others
So Mansell can get away with kicking 1 goal in 4 games but Cumbo must kick bags every game to get a go

TO get pushed up from vfl to afl the club is obviously demanding multiple good games in a row.
Gotta break that door.
Mcauliffe was bog bog bog and only then was selected.
Sonz had a couple of good vfl games, went up and did little then went back to the vfl and was bog.
Ralphsmith played well for multiple games.
Banks seems to be an exception.

Coulthard has come back from injury and only played 2 vfl games. The first he worked hard, ran a lot but only was ok.
His turn will come. If the selectors hear him knocking.
Smith having an excellent run of form. Still waiting.

No one is gettimg promoted without a few solid knocks.

Is it like the Australian cricket team?
Consistency and effort build coaches' trust

Reactions: 3 users
Has a lot to do with how certain players are gifted games whilst the goal posts are continuously on the move for others
So Mansell can get away with kicking 1 goal in 4 games but Cumbo must kick bags every game to get a go

Mansell has kicked 1 goal in 4 games at AFL level.

Cumberland has kicked 2 goals in 4 games at VFL level.

I don't know what you're seeing.

It is also true that our AFL Midfield has been uncompetitive over the last 4 games while the VFL midfield are winning.

Mansell has kicked 1 goal in 4 games at AFL level.

Cumberland has kicked 2 goals in 4 games at VFL level.

I don't know what you're seeing.

It is also true that our AFL Midfield has been uncompetitive over the last 4 games while the VFL midfield are winning.
A more meaningful stat would likely be score involvements / i50 or something similar. The eyes say this isn’t mansell and it is Cumberland. Cumberland has been accurate before so hopefully just in a little funk with accuracy.

A more meaningful stat would likely be score involvements / i50 or something similar. The eyes say this isn’t mansell and it is Cumberland. Cumberland has been accurate before so hopefully just in a little funk with accuracy.
But the argument has been that Cumbo is a goal kicker and so should be in the seniors.
The stat is that he was kicking goals in 2022 but hasnt in 24.
So the goals kicked stat is relevant to picking Cumbo because he kicks goals.

He hasnt been in the bests, kicked goals or been lauded by Morris for being above the level. He's received praise but it hasnt yet been enough to demand AFL selection.

The good news is that he is building form and starting to play well. He's started playing his role.
SO he's close. Put in a decent game this week for the team and give it a shake!

Reactions: 1 users
I agree that goals are a simplistic measure. That's the point.

The argument was being made that Mansell and Rioli haven't kicked enough goals, and that Cumberland is a goal kicker whose form was being ignored.

Which is stupid.

FWIW, I rate Cumberland, and hope he gets in the side.

But it's obvious that he's being asked to work on his mindset, amongst other things.

He actually does need to kick a few goals to show this.

If he can't find the composure and confidence required to get himself selected, how can we expect him to win us games?

He's at the edges now. Guaranteed, if he has a big game in reality, rather than in some posters' imagination, he will be in.

I can see him being a lock in the 22 by the end of the year.

Reactions: 2 users
Looking forward what he can do (now with a number of games under his belt) playing with Balta.

Reactions: 3 users
I bought a Tiges jumper last year but haven't put a number on it. Think I'll get #42.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Got to feel for the bloke. He is playing a thankless role. Going up against 2 defenders.