1/2 Time 17 points down | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

1/2 Time 17 points down

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Well I guess so far we are flattered to be so close....although they are trying hard the boys, there disposal and decision making is letting them down again.
Also the loss of Campbo is killing us asual!

Don't even get me started on the shocking umpiring display!! :mad: ::) While not the sole reason for us being in arrears it (the umpiring) has been very ordinary at best. There is absolutely no consistency. Maybe if Richo had the butts cut out of his shorts they'd be able to see EXACTLY what Mal Michael is trying to do to Richo!! :eek:

IMO we aren't a realistic chance of winning but then again I thought that throughout the week anyway (and probably before the season started come to think of it) anyway heres hoping they get through the injury free and don't get blown off the park. And let's hope the umpiring if it doesn't improve... it atleast finds some gross consistency!

GO TIGES

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I expected us to be down by alot more at 1/2 time, so we have done well to only be down by 17.

The boys started well, but that dropped off.

I think you need to play slow possesion footy against brissy, because once they get the ball they will run us of our feet imo.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Getting absolutely murdered in the clearances. We don't seem to have any idea on how to get the ball out of there. Pretty sad considering the big blokes are dominating.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
In order to win I'd say we would have to kick atleast 6 goals in the last 1/4 and I can't see that happening.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Thanks for the update guys. Unfortunately here in NSW they won't replay the game until 12 am as they have a very important never before seen James Bond movie called "Thunderball"!! ??? :mad: I'm sure there's enough AFL fans in NSW for the Tiger game to rate better than some old hack movie that has been repeated ummm at least 30 times before!! :mad: Get your act together 10!!
Although by the sound of things it looks like the game is getting away from us so they might be doing me a favour :(

Has anyone seen Harry Diggler or Laff entering the Coaches box yet with sharpened knives?? ;D ;D

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Got killed in clearances and the Tackle count almost doubled ours.

Good to see dragga get through unscathed

The difference was they had about 5 or 6 players with over 20 possessions and Black with 27.

The difference was that it was there running midfielders such as BLACK, LAPPIN, VOSS, SCOTT, AKERMANIS and POWER who had the big stats.

You look at ours and there are guys like OTTO, KELLAWAY, ZANTUCK and CHAFFS in there with 20 odd possessions.

Gees how much do the Weagles want for Judd.

So frustrating listening to the way the good sides set up off the half back line. Although we seem to assist them with quality turnovers......

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
I think the result is basically a statement of where the team is at the moment. If Campbell is playing and Johnson and Coughlan are playing well and we have our best team out there we will go well... but without all things working in our favour (which they rarely do in footy) we will always struggle. Tonight highlights the reasons why we need blokes like Brent Guerra on the list so that the opposition have to worry about more than Cogs and Johno and Campbell when he plays.
Obviously Lynch had a day out and with Holland still yet to pick up the tempo of senior footy and being asked to do Gaspars job he was always going to struggle. IMO Zantuck did pretty well against the odds on Lynch after half time.
Look we all know we arent a great side so we shouldn't be to surprised by the result. Anyone who thought Brisbane would lose three in a row..... well draw your own conclusions.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
tiga said:
Has anyone seen Harry Diggler or Laff entering the Coaches box yet with sharpened knives?? ;D ;D

Haha I think those guys might be guilty of cutting the phone lines from the coaches box to the bench when Danny looked like having some control over the team early on. ;D

Do yourself a favour and give the last quarter a miss tiga. 18 "players" on the ground but no "team" at all. A bit disappointing how they let Brisbane get away at the end.

The forward line looked non existant and the back line very flat with no run..kicking to standing targets.

Oh well. At least Dragga and Dutchy got through the game ok. That's a positive.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW

Haha I think those guys might be guilty of cutting the phone lines from the coaches box to the bench when Danny looked like having some control over the team early on. ;D

Actually I heard from someone that they were doing burnouts in their "Bandwagon" outside the ground during the last quarter. ;D ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tiga
Actually I heard from someone that they were doing burnouts in their "Bandwagon" outside the ground during the last quarter.

LMAO great work tiga ;D ;D ... I can almost see it :D

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Yes Tiga, we are warming the engine on our massey ferguson potato plough tractor. Someones going to need it very very soon. ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Dragga got a goal ;D
Dragga got a goal ;D
Dragga got a goal ;D

If anyone heard loud cheering after his goal it was probably me ;)

Dragga got a goal ;D
Dragga got a goal ;D
Dragga got a goal ;D

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Yes Rosy - you hit the nail on the head - 18 players on the ground and no team at all.

Can someone give frawely a boost onto that massey ferguson please.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
TigersGoddess said:
Dragga got a goal ;D
Dragga got a goal ;D
Dragga got a goal ;D

If anyone heard loud cheering after his goal it was probably me ;)

Dragga got a goal ;D
Dragga got a goal ;D
Dragga got a goal ;D

Count me and my mate in that as well, we were cheering as loud as we could. We had her 4yr old cousin here, and he was copying everything we did, so he was jumping around the house going "YES!"

Ohhh and he volintuarly (sp?) put on a richmond scarf, which annoyed his mother who happens to be a collingwood supporter. ;D ;D