2003 Player of the year | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2003 Player of the year

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Re:p.R.E. Player of the year-ROUND 2 VOTES

The Votes

3. Tivendale - Best game for a while.
2. Cameron - Matchwinning forward, did get a couple of goals gift wrapped though.
1. Campbell - Who said he wasn't a leader?

-3. Bowden - Going backwards as a player.
-2. King - God only knows why he still gets a game.
-1. Blumfield - Best way to describe him would be Joel Bowden without the ball getting ability.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003

Forgot Justin Blumfield in my special mentions.

For singing the song with great gusto after our win ... and he even knew the words. :)

I wouldn't go too hard on him just yet. See the difference in Leon Cameron from 2002 to this season already.

Perhaps the OP with Justin is restricting him more than we know, or at least has held his fitness back. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002

TigerFurious said:
-1. Blumfield - Best way to describe him would be Joel Bowden without the ball getting ability.

A bit harsh on JB I reckon TigerFurious. I posted yesterday I think (and MC24 has posted here) that Justin is clearly underdone and perhaps the bout of OP he had was/is more severe than first thought. I think all in all he has played 5 halfs of footy (this includes pre-season and rds 1 & 2)

Please Note: the writer although VP of the JB fan Club has not been influenced by bias in anyway
;D ;D :D ;D

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003

3 - Cameron (match winning performance with 4 goals)
2 - A Kellaway (beat his opponent again even though he was undersized)
1 - Tivendale (needs to play like this consistently)

Apologies to Cambo, Gas and Hilts (although Hilts needs to tighten up on his man when playing down back. Patrick Bowden got alot of the ball early and Woewodin did the same in Rnd 1).

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

As I posted on a previous thread about Rory somewhere the concerns on his accountability have been around for a long time IMO but others disagreed, I am not surprised, heres hoping he makes a conscious effort to be more accountable when playing as a backman or alternatively play him on a wing or forward line but either way you have to defend sometimes!

TigerEmma

Proud Richmond & Coburg Member
Dec 18, 2002
Victoria

Great to have our first win on board and be able to sing the song after the game :)
Not the best win but we really needed it.
pretty shocking it the 1st half but at least we trun it around in the 2rd half unlike in round 1.
A win against the Doggies is always good ;D

3 Cameron
2 Tivendale
1 Rodan

Mentions to Kellaway Hall Coughlan Johnson Campbell Gaspar.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
PLAYER OF THE YEAR-ROUND 3 VOTES

Results of round 2
Cameron-40
Tivva-33
Andy Kellaway-20
Rodan-11
Campbell-9
Chaffey-7
Hilton-5
Johnson-5
Hall-5
Coughlan-1
Bowden-1

Progressive votes after round 2
Campbell-80
Cameron-40
Tivendale-33
Coughlan-33
A.Kellaway-20
Gaspar-18
Richardson-15
Rodan-11
Hall-8
Chaffey-7
Newman-7
Hilton-5
Johnson-5
Stafford-4
Zantuck-2
Bowden-2

Vote for round 3..........

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Re:pLAYER OF THE YEAR-ROUND 3 VOTES

3. bowden
2. rodan
1. coughlan

campbell just misses out - probably coz his standards are so high.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002

Tough one.....good team effort full of intensity.

3. Bowden
2. Coughlan
1. Rodan

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

3-Coughlan
2-Gaspar
1-Rodan

Far better effort Joel. Good one Campbo. Well done Chris Newman. Great game in the wet Staff......the list goes on....Great team effort. :D

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002

3 - Rodan
2 - Campbell (terrific in the 3rd Qtr)
1 - *smile* - looking good

Mentions to - Cogs - just continues to impress. Rogers - liked his game. Fleming - what a tough nut, just what we need. Newman - wonder who put him in the backline - a coach perhaps ;)

And Staff - for giving us the most memorable moment of the game in the 3rd qtr. What were you thinking? And to use his own description of that moment - he least he gave everyone a laugh.

Skeeta

TigersRule
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne

Well i must eat humble Pie.... :-\
3 Votes...JOEL BOWDEN (did i say that?)
2 Votes...Roden
1 Vote...Cambo

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002

3. Bowden - Show its not a fluke and back it up next week.
2. Coughlan - Looks like this kid can play.
1. Campbell - another solid effort.

Apologies to: Rodan, Johnson and *smile*.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002

same as mighty tiges for me 3 bowden
2 coughlan
1 rodan

with apologies to Campbell great team effort today I loved the intensity can't ask for more than that and special mention to Flemming well played and congrats on your first game. Was very happy to see the boys all run to him after he kicked his goal they obviously admire the way he goes about his footy :)

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn

3.King

I no, i said that last week too.

Really

3. Bowden - 4 quaters of quality f/b
2. Rodan - Finished wonderfully in front of goals, especially when the game was up for grabs.
1. Cambo - just the usual
1/2 Cogs - i wanted to squeaze him in;D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003

Just finished watching the replay. Don't you just love it when its rainy and muddy? Wish I was out there, got nostalgic of the under 11's and 13's and 15's games I used to play in terrible conditions. Anyway, the votes....

3. Gaspar - for one of the more unco-ordinated players at the club did a spledid job in the backline on a day ill-suited to him.

2. Bowden - That's better. Hopefully this game lifts his confidence and we can see some more accurate kicking.

1. Coughlan - Another impressive display of balls to the wall football. 10 tackles, superb.

Honourable mentions:

Campbell - The master. 10 possession in the 1st quarter. 10 possessions in the last. I was tempted to give him 3 votes again, but i was generous to him last week. How dare anyone say he is soft. Great desperation in the 3rd quarter in particular.

Rodan - Another very good game, showing alot. Born for days like these. Like a rat up a drain pipe.

Fleming - This dude is a psycho!!!! Loved the bump on Haselby. Knocked him into next week.

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne

3. Rodan
2. Campbell
1. Coughlan

Special mention to a pretty good debut from Fleming. Very refreshing to see a bit of hardness in a yellow and black jumper.