2011 Supercoach Bargains !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2011 Supercoach Bargains !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Really tossing up whether to go for Foley or Cotchin. Both well priced on potential but each have some degree of uncertainty about them.
Leaning towards Cotchin at this point. Reckon he might have the breakout season..

I'm not going either....but if I was it'll be Cotchin.
Foley handballs to much and doesn't take enough marks.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Really tossing up whether to go for Foley or Cotchin. Both well priced on potential but each have some degree of uncertainty about them.
Leaning towards Cotchin at this point. Reckon he might have the breakout season..

Navy's toyed with the same idea Tooheys.

Pretty clear cut its the Chimp though for navy.

josey

Tiger Superstar
Mar 17, 2008
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
I bit the bullet. Have faith in the Chimp.

Yeah i have done the same.

I am keeping an eye on Houli as well. He could score well playing as an outside mid.

Phar Ace

"PRE just banned my biggest fan!"
Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
So, BL, H, SS and F have their two byes when there is group of three teams in the bye that week and no Supercoach games are played. That would make their gun players a little more valuable as they won't miss any scoring due to byes.

Phar Ace

Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Barnzy said:
Morton (if he plays more midfield), Foley (if he stays fit), Otten (must buy) Mzungu (must buy), Swallow (must buy), Gaff (must buy) Petrie, Harris, Coad, Toy, Batchelor, C Richardson, I.Smith, etc. All represent decent value.

Wouldn't touch a 2nd year KPP.

Agree with much of that :crazy :hihi

Didn't put Heppell in there? Or Callinan

Each year there are cheaper players that become absolute keepers (Rich, Trengrove, Barlow, Pods), with others being just short term cash cows. That's the tricky bit - when to make the call and on who........................

Phar Ace

Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Jukes Extended said:
Hows Dustin Martin traveling?
I know he was a bit unfit after Christmas, Is he a good pick up for supercoach.

Martin was shaded by Trengrove last season with Trengrove probably becoming an elite scorer sooner because of his adaptability and Melbourne's increased reliance on him with McDonald and Bruce gone.

But if was a real coach considering more than one season, I'd have Martin all day long 8)

At not that much more cost, I'd have Lids as a priority before Martin as a maybe

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Phar Ace said:
Agree with much of that :crazy :hihi

Didn't put Heppell in there? Or Callinan

Each year there are cheaper players that become absolute keepers (Rich, Trengrove, Barlow, Pods), with others being just short term cash cows. That's the tricky bit - when to make the call and on who........................

Yep, Heppell is another must buy, just forgot to list him. I have him starting up back on the field with Otten as the other cheapie. Rest premium players. On Callinan - I think he can score well but there's question marks on whether or not he will get games. On the Rookie List. He's on my bench right now but he's no lock.

SfB_AkA._DeLiCiOuS

Tiger Legend
Mar 12, 2004
East Melbourne
Callinan is gone for a while.
Tore his bicep off the bone in a praccy match, out 6-10 weeks.

I really don't wanna give away my bargain buys....is that selfish? :hihi
What the hell....I will anyway.

Everyone should have Heppell.
Get on the some of the Gold Coast boys - D.Swallow will be solid, Daniel Harris is cheap & Stanley, Matera & Toy good for the bench.

Dangerfield has been tearing it up.
Andy Krakouer, Gamble, Tzungu, R.Kerr, C.Richardson, Robert Cambell, Simpkin, Liberatore, Puopolo.

Barnzy

What about me?
Mar 6, 2009
Cotchin scored 153 SC points against Hawthorn last week. Fair effort.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Ive already got the AFL rejects at the Gold Coast in Harris and Stanley as emergencies to be used after the bye. These guys will play every week.

Cash cows they will be.

Reckon our own Batchelor will be a good cash cow too.

LOZWILDA

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2009
SUNBURY
Cheap rookie must haves .......Krakour,Richardson,Tapscott,Matera,ZSmith,Conca,Swallow,Bewick,Heppell,Duigan,Poupolo,Hibberd,Lower,Toy,Batchelor.

Phar Ace

Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
WARNING - WARNING - WARNING

With round 4 being the first week we have to grapple with three teams having a bye (also Rd 5, 6), it is a good idea to check how your team would cope if that team was suddenly faced with the bye round.

It is now a serious risk to have more than one player per club on a particular line if they are from BL, StK, WB, Melb, SS, WCE, Fre, Geel, Haw, Ade, Rich. It is doable though if they are from GoldC, Col, NM, Car, Ess & PA as they only have byes on there own.

My backs were down 4 players in Round 4, without even considering injuries and club selections!!!!!!!

Plan ahead is my advice because those three rounds could easily cause you to trade unnecessarily just to get 22 on the park. And those trades could be very useful come Rd 16 and 19, when three teams go into bye mode again.

Phar Ace

Jun 17, 2004
Queensland
Harry said:
theres no comp during those rds

Really Harry, thanks I missed that. Phew, cos it was looking difficult. So you are saying Dream Team and Supercoach wonlt operate Rounds 4-6?

Just answered my own question - they are non-head to head rounds only.

Wonder how that (nearly a month off) will affect interest? :headscratch