2014 draft: Bolters and sliders | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2014 draft: Bolters and sliders

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Ok, lets have some predictions (I am particularly interested in the more dedicated PRE draft observers opinions)

FWIW mine is:

Bolter: Jordan De Goey (have a hunch that he might go to the Dees at pick 3)
Slider: Nakia Cockatoo (clubs might go cold as he has had limited game time this year and others might go the safer option, think he'll be picked up by North)

Bolters - Boekhorst, D. McKenzie, De Goey

Sliders - DVR, Reece McKenzie, Bampton

Langford would be a massive bolter if the Collingwood rumours are true. Laverde the slider in that case, all the way to pick 12 :hihi

Stylo said:
Langford would be a massive bolter if the Collingwood rumours are true. Laverde the slider in that case, all the way to pick 12 :hihi
and beyond >:D

bullus_hit said:
12 is as far as he goes, the Ellis train has run it's course. ;D
I think we will take Ahern if GWS don't. I don't think Laverde gets to us even if pies pass.

tigs2010 said:
I think we will take Ahern if GWS don't. I don't think Laverde gets to us even if pies pass.

My guess is Laverde, Weller & Ahern, in that order.

bullus_hit said:
My guess is Laverde, Weller & Ahern, in that order.
I could be wrong but I think it will be the opposite. I have them all much of a muchness. 7-10 I have them all rated. Including Moore and Heeney above them.

tigs2010 said:
I could be wrong but I think it will be the opposite. I have them all much of a muchness. 7-10 I have them all rated. Including Moore and Heeney above them.

We'll soon find out, although all 3 are unlikely to be available so it will be pure speculation. If EQ is suggesting Laverde could slip I'm trusting her call, she's very accurate at this time of year.

Some guy named Scoop Mclure on 3aw reckons the slider will be Petracca with St kilda set to take Paddy McCartin at 1!

Boekhurst really zoomed up the rankings eh. Id be a little nervous as a Carlton supporter

Pretty sure Malthouse insisted they pick Boekhurst just so he could extract some revenge on the lad.