2014 Hindsight Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2014 Hindsight Draft

B

Bill James

SCOOP said:
I'm not going to call it horrible because that's really unfair. But I wouldn't have made any of the picks bar Menadue.

For the record and based on the full post above, SCOOP would have drafted as follows:

Weller
Menadue
Gore
Short
McKenzie

B

Bill James

bullus_hit said:
Beautifully said Scoop, spot on with everything I had in mind, although I would have picked Jaden McGrath at the deep end. Here's my thoughts.....

For the record and based on the full post above,, bullus_hit would have drafted as follows

Weller
Menadue
Gore
McGrath
McKenzie

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Bill James said:
For the record and based on the full post above,, bullus_hit would have drafted as follows

Weller
Menadue
Gore
McGrath
McKenzie

Think both Scoop and I were dead keen on Blakely for our second, like Menadue but Weller is a similar type.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Bill James said:
For the record and based on the full post above, SCOOP would have drafted as follows:

Weller
Menadue
Gore
Short
McKenzie

bullus_hit said:
Think both Scoop and I were dead keen on Blakely for our second, like Menadue but Weller is a similar type.

Bully is correct.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
SCOOP said:
Bully is correct.

Judging off Weller and Blakely's performances for Peel, I'd say you and BH should send some resumes down to Punt Road Scooper.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
St Kevin said:
Judging off Weller and Blakely's performances for Peel, I'd say you and BH should send some resumes down to Punt Road Scooper.

Gore's flying for Geelong VFL side as well. Bully's a good judge.

Just reckon we needed and still need the best mid at each pick. Nothing fancy. I've wanted that for years.

Reckon you need at least 12 legit midfielders in your side who can all kick & have smarts. And half must be absolute elite in thier kicking skills. And four of the 12 must be line breakers. Your backs & forwards look better with this mix.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
bulluss and scoop

I'm directing this to you two as the posters i recognise as following junior and state league footy closely; if there are others that want to contribute to the task below, please do.

I know this is going over old ground.
And I realise it might be a tedious task to go back and compile.
But we sit here and theorise and assume that the RFC do as much research into past drafts as PRE's learned posters.
I'm not convinced they do.
And therefore I sense that there is a lack of accountability within that department.
And I'm beyond the point of leaving things to chance anymore, and assuming things about this club.

So...would you mind providing detail of the past 5-6 years of ND and Rookie Drafts whilst Francis has been the top dog (I'm assuming you both have been following junior and state league footy in that timeframe).
As has been done this year, I'd like for the record to know...
Who RFC picked?
Who you both are on the record as stating you would have picked?
Leaving aside your picks, who was available after our picks that has gone on to have successful AFL careers, or looks likely?

I can assure you time spent on this won't be in vain.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
17 said:
bulluss and scoop

I'm directing this to you two as the posters i recognise as following junior and state league footy closely; if there are others that want to contribute to the task below, please do.

But we sit here and theorise and assume that the RFC do as much research into past drafts as PRE's learned posters.
And therefore I sense that there is a lack of accountability within that department.
And I'm beyond the point of leaving things to chance anymore, and assuming things about this club.

So...would you mind providing detail of the past 5-6 years of ND and Rookie Drafts whilst Francis has been the top dog (I'm assuming you both have been following junior and state league footy in that timeframe).
Who RFC picked?
Leaving aside your picks, who was available after our picks that has gone on to have successful AFL careers, or looks likely?

:hihi

You gonna pay them for their time?

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Agree with Scoop and bullus sending their CVs to the club.

Even if it's a part time role and would help our current recruiting team. It needs more work outside the first round that's for sure.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
This is a pointless thread but I would have thought the quality of our 2014 draftees is the least of our problems

Corey Ellis looks like a really good prospect to me
Menadue- Someone posted about a player killing it in the VFL, have you been watching this kid ? With some beef he looks the goods
Drummond and Butler injured but both have looked likely to me
McKenzie looks a steal at 77 but we won't know for a while

Way to early to be making comparisons anyway.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
17 said:
bulluss and scoop

Who RFC picked?

Let me see, it will take some time but I'll put something together. The first rounders will be easy. It's the other that may take some time. I'm sure if get it wrong people on here will help cook my goose. ;D

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
SCOOP said:
Let me see, it will take some time but I'll put something together. The first rounders will be easy. It's the other that may take some time. I'm sure if get it wrong people on here will help cook my goose. ;D

just keep referring 2010. ;D

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
It's a big task 17, will have to dig into the archives. For first rounders I would have taken Caddy, Ellis, Grundy, Taylor & Weller. Obviously missed on Heppell, Scoop & Leysy nailed that one however (along with many other posters on PRE).

Second round would have been Parker, Grigg, Graham, Kennedy-Harris (presuming Grundy was recruited), Blakely.

The others I'm a bit hazy on, I wouldn't have picked McBean, instead opting for Membrey and would have taken Byrne-Jones or Honeychurch instead of Gordon.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Scoop / bullus
Was hoping it might have been retrievable from previous posts and wasn't intending that you start afresh.
If relatively easy to rehash, fine and good: if not, don't worry.
Cheers.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
17 said:
Scoop / bullus
Was hoping it might have been retrievable from previous posts and wasn't intending that you start afresh.
If relatively easy to rehash, fine and good: if not, don't worry.
Cheers.

Started it last night, not to hard. Will finish tonight.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
SCOOP said:
Started it last night, not to hard. Will finish tonight.

Well done Scoop, I'll dip in when I have a moment. Moving house at the moment so it's carnage and chaos everywhere.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Thread needs to take into account what players were still on the board at the time of RFCs selection.

Of course. It's kind of hard to find who my alternate picks are for every pick. First and second rounders not too hard.

Will keep hunting.