2014 membership updates | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2014 membership updates

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
a bit of general info about what our membership department are up to for those who are interested.

they're trying to get our premium products into market earlier so that they can bring deadlines forward. that allows them to move those off waiting lists into products of their choice earlier than we have been able to do in the past. they've also decided not to do renewals by post for the first time, everything will be done electronically.

3121 renewals have gone out already and their cut-off date was friday 11th oct. they're now moving some of the 150 people off the 3121 waiting list into available spots.

premiership circle renewals went out on the 11th too with an October 31st cut off.

the majority of other renewals will be emailed in late october.

half our membership base are now on direct debit where we have a 98.5% retention. direct debits will all roll over on november 15th and it's anticipated that by the end of november we should have around 40,000 members locked away for season 2014. to put that in perspective, our november membership figure was 8,334 in 2010, 12,730 in 2011, 15,769 in 2012 and 21,968 in 2013. we should be tracking more than 15,000 members up year on year by november.

they'll do a sweep up of non-renewed members by post in february, when they launch the acquisition campaign, but by that stage 80% of members will have renewed so it will have saved the club around $80k on print and postage.

memberships will be emailed out to 2013 members next tuesday.

Thanks rosy. I just had the club call today about 3121 and inner sanctum.
I'm keen but I'd like to hear from anyone who has had either membership to get some insight.

Is it worth it?
About $90 a fortnight with some great benefits. Sounds very tantalizing. Just not sure if I have the time to attend 16 games...

Apart from the retention rate, I would have thought the club would love people on rolling memberships.

They obviously are great for cash flow.

i had 3121 in 2012 & 13 Premiership Circle for 2014

Had a call from RFC today - payed up for 2014 - Family Premiership Circle membership (basically the same L2 above the cheer squad seats since 1995!!) , confirmed this included a GF ticket (access to) .. Also chipped in $100 for the TFF.... now get the ground ready for VFL footy :)

Now lets get this Ashes stuff out of the way and we can start penciling teams that take on Gold Cost season proper... Like to see the kids get a game against Melb and Collingwood in the praccy games too.

Looks as though they've released the membership slogan today - it's:

Strong & Bold:
Bring the Roar Home

The membership total we're aiming for is 75000 too.

Wildride said:
Looks as though they've released the membership slogan today - it's:

Strong & Bold:
Bring the Roar Home

75000!! people were laughing 3 years ago.. Well done Benny.

B2

I went to renew my membership on the internet today, but got to a point where I had the option of paying monthly or authorizing an automatic debit each year.

I would like to just pay my 2014 subscription plus the Donation to the Fighting Tiger fund, but certainly do not want an automatic debit. Is there a way around this or do I need to wait until I receive a notification by mail?

Happy the club has everything is set up online to be direct debit. They'd be more than happy to set the membership up for one year only, but would need to do that out of the office. Can you please pm me contact details to pass on for someone to call you. :)

Wildride said:

Yep a recent change of plan from the original target of 70,000. Good we're backing ourselves with all the positive Tiger momentum. I reckon we'll give it a pretty good shake.

:gotigers

rosy23 said:
Yep a recent change of plan from the original target of 70,000. Good we're backing ourselves with all the positive Tiger momentum. I reckon we'll give it a pretty good shake.

:

The only publicised target for 2014 was 75k so I don't see it as a change in target for the club, just reinforcing what they set in place four years ago.

It will be a huge achievement if we get there.

Baloo said:
The only publicised target for 2014 was 75k so I don't see it as a change in target for the club, just reinforcing what they set in place four years ago.

It will be a huge achievement if we get there.
We has 36,000 members when the 75,000 target was announced
Huge is an understatement

Streak said:
If we all try to sign up just one new member to the club for next season, we will poop it in

Ok I will do this. Would I be cheating if I said it will be the birth of my third child due in Jan?

Baloo said:

Yep. Earlier in the year the membership dept target was 70,000 but after reading comments on PRE they recently decided to go for 75,000. The power of the posters. :hihi

rosy23 said:
Yep. Earlier in the year the membership dept target was 70,000 but after reading comments on PRE they recently decided to go for 75,000. The power of the posters. :hihi

Careful rosy, soon Bin4 will claim we stopped playing interstate home games because of his relentless campaign here on PRE :)