Bomber Thompson | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bomber Thompson

We'll stand on my head and call me shorty!

Has he paid his fine yet?

Will we end up with two clubs that have senior coaches under a drug cloud and a third club with its coach in waiting caught up under the same cloud?

We live in interesting times.

Huge coup if true. Will improve them no doubt.

Didn't think much of McKenna as a coach anyway.

Strange!! Heard Bomber mention on radio that he might just walk away n retire from footy. Was going off for a break n to contemplate his navel for a while, whilst considering his future.

TigerMasochist said:
Strange!! Heard Bomber mention on radio that he might just walk away n retire from footy. Was going off for a break n to contemplate his navel for a while, whilst considering his future.

Said much the same when he left the cattery. Any quote regarding his future to be taken with a grain (or more) of salt.

bigwow said:
Said much the same when he left the cattery. Any quote regarding his future to be taken with a grain (or more) of salt.
Sad for McKenna.
Good for the Suns.
Very good for Thompson.
But what I really want to see now is Golden Balls finally get the heave-ho from Essendon - leaving them with nobody.

If Thomson does go (either away from footy altogether, or to the Suns) then I cant see the Bomber sacking Hird now. Far too late to start shopping for a new coach. Unless of course they've already been doing that on the quiet?

Tiger Rob said:
If Thomson does go (either away from footy altogether, or to the Suns) then I cant see the Bomber sacking Hird now. Far too late to start shopping for a new coach. Unless of course they've already been doing that on the quiet?

If the club has been doing their due diligence they certainly should have looked at Defcon 5 worst case scenarios, as that's pretty much where they are at.

Went to a GF breakfast function on Saturday morning where BT (who confirmed his hatred for Richmond in front of the entire crowd) did say that Guy will be sacked this week and Bomber Thompson will take over.

Also said he expects Hird to "stand down" as ess coach among a few other things.

Newman said:
Went to a GF breakfast function on Saturday morning where BT (who confirmed his hatred for Richmond in front of the entire crowd) did say that Guy will be sacked this week and Bomber Thompson will take over.

Also said he expects Hird to "stand down" as ess coach among a few other things.

okay, I'll nibble :) what did BT say about Richmond?

Newman said:

Isn't one of BT's sons a Tiger supporter ? I am sure I have heard him say this

Think he doesn't mind the tigers.
Done some coaching with us in the past.
Said then it was terrific to get back to te club.

Newman said:

So come on Newy, please elaborate!! I hate it when people tease you with comments like this then dont expand.

Newman said:

Like others (above) I'm interested in this so-called declaration of hatred too.
I'm probably in a minority in that I enjoy BT on radio and TV - but he spends a hell of a lot of time stirring the pot and not taking himself seriously.
So I'd be really staggered to think there was any genuine hatred there at all.