2017 rookie draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 rookie draft

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
tigertim said:
Surely the time will come that the rookie and psd drafts just follow the national draft?

What’s the benefit of having it 2 days later?

Then when all the drafts are combined then the natural extension is just having one list of 45, no rookies.

Until ten years later when someone suggests we have a rookie draft.....
Personally reckon the PSD should be scrapped. DFA basically is the same thing but no draft order

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Sorry NSW Tiger,

But the AFL website just rated Mynott as one of the ten "best of the rest."
Sambono and Parish were amongst the ten too.

Won't be any secrets among the clubs though I'm sure. My gut is telling me that there will be quite a few recycled players taken in the rookie draft.
Lennon may well be among them.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Not a huge amount left, Stefan Giro would be one player I would consider. Don't think McLean is worth picking up now that we have CCJ. Kreuger likely gone before our pick.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Maybe Matthew Day. Or, I’d go and get the best midfielder under 23 from any state league.

We now have the kids covered, happy to go find blokes who can help us 2018-19.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
SCOOP said:
Maybe Matthew Day. Or, I’d go and get the best midfielder under 23 from any state league.

We now have the kids covered, happy to go find blokes who can help us 2018-19.

Haiden Schloithe is the best state league player left on the board but is 24, maybe worth a punt though, the beauty here is we can trial him for one season and discard if need be. Need to keep high turnover with our rookies.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
T-Shirt Tommy said:
Who won the rising star award in the VFL? That's the one to go for IMO. If you have a look at the history of the award, they've been pretty good picks.
Bayley Fritsch, drafted by Melbourne already

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
bullus_hit said:
Haiden Schloithe is the best state league player left on the board but is 24, maybe worth a punt though, the beauty here is we can trial him for one season and discard if need be. Need to keep high turnover with our rookies.
Thoughts on Tom Lamb

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Assuming Smith will be ours, Giro is one that Champion Data rate so grab him as well. (the fact that Champion data love Higgins makes me even happier about him sliding to us) .
got 1 spot so grab Giro then Cat B Smith