2017 rookie draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 rookie draft

Giardiasis

Tiger Legend
Apr 20, 2009
Brisbane
rombosghost said:
So can we only draft one rookie? (plus Smith as a category B)
I think we can draft 1 category A rookie, plus another 3 category B rookies if we wanted RG. Most likely we'll draft 1 of each.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Tails said:
Agre with Bully, Stefan Giro, hard working ball magnet and from SA. Good chance to give them another nose bleed!!

Giro will be long gone before our pick 18. Wish we didn't win the premiership :p

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
D85 said:
Jack Roughsedge

Had injury issues the last 2 years, played the late in the year for Chargers and stepped straight in and nearly won the BnF off the back of a handful of games.

When he was out injured he took on coaching roles with Oakleigh which I think says a lot too.

He'd be an absolute bargain, and comes with strong leadership (was Chargers captain in 2016) & is a super super high character individual.
Yes!!!!!!!!
A man who knows his Oakleigh players.

I saw him do his knee at training, very unlucky.

If our scouts have been doing their homework, they will jump all over this dude. Great leader as you say.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
tigers1980 said:
We have 3 rookies presently. What is the maximum amount you can have on rookie list?

depends on how many on main list - we have 40 so max 4 Cat A rookies & 3 Cat B rookies

We will nominate Derek Smith today as a Cat B & pick 1 Cat A this arvo Rookie Draft @ 5pm

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
taztiger4 said:
What a ridiculous time. Not only is it bizarre to have these 2 drafts 3 days after the ND it’s held at 5pm :headscratch

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
taztiger4 said:
depends on how many on main list - we have 40 so max 4 Cat A rookies & 3 Cat B rookies

We will nominate Derek Smith today as a Cat B & pick 1 Cat A this arvo Rookie Draft @ 5pm
I haven't been following the news. Who's Derek Smith?

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
taztiger4 said:

So what part of the ground needs to be addressed in event of injury.
I would of though it may be KPD. If Rance/Astbury go down who do we turn to?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
evo said:
I haven't been following the news. Who's Derek Smith?

One of our Academy kids, played 5 VFL games this year as 23rd player.

As he didn't get drafted , we get a free hit at him & will nominate him as a Cat B rookie

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
tigers1980 said:
So what part of the ground needs to be addressed in event of injury.
I would of though it may be KPD. If Rance/Astbury go down who do we turn to?
Other than Garthwaite, who may still not be ready.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
taztiger4 said:
One of our Academy kids, played 5 VFL games this year as 23rd player.

As he didn't get drafted , we get a free hit at him & will nominate him as a Cat B rookie
ah ok. remember him now.

Cheers.