2017 Under 18 Champs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Under 18 Champs

mrposhman said:
Where do you think he will go bullus?

Some of the scribes on bigfooty have him going in the 20's? Is that a possibility?

Possible but unlikely, I think he's in the 5-15 bracket, probably closer to 15 at this stage given some others have moved ahead. With clubs on the hunt for talls he will be in demand, I also suspect he will shine at the combine. Expect him to go sub 3 seconds in the 20m & to register elite agility & jumping scores.

turk-d-tiger said:
If we hold onto both our picks 2 of Balta,Coffield , Hayes would be a good result

I prefer Higgins, must be front runner for the Larke medal at this stage.

BrisTiger24 said:
Blokes that caught my eye today:

Talls:

- Sutherland: is he likely to choose footy? Definite first round option

- Balta: good athletic ability..would like to see him forward down at Geelong

- Oscar Allen: prob a 3rd/lead up option but has good hands

- Clavarino: marks everything but is his disposal iffy?

- Bailey Williams: probably a later pick nut just saw some glimpses in him

- Coffield: has great dash and a better boot but not really a KPP?

Disappointed in Hayes. Remember being impressed last year. Does he have a bit of the Vickerys?

Smalls:

Jaidyn Stevenson: player of the day. Oozes class

Rayner: good combination of strength and skill

Ian Hill: next year but he is everything i was hoping Naish would be

Sydney Stack: underage was good at the start just saw some definite AFL mid qualities in him

Clavarino is a decent kick, seems to be very composed. Closest thing to Harry Taylor in the pool. He's listed at 190cm but plays much taller, has long arms so can outstretch his opponents.

Oscar Allen was my best player yesterday.Lively big fella with a lovely grab and nice kick as well.Would love to see him in Richmond colours.

pokey said:
Clavarino is 195cm. He needs more bulk, but is a good kid with his head screwed on right.

Will be a very good key defender for a long time.

Has grown then, definitely has a tall presence. Wouldn't be upset if we got him with one of our picks.

bullus_hit said:
Has grown then, definitely has a tall presence. Wouldn't be upset if we got him with one of our picks.

I really like him, but not sure that he fits our needs. He's exclusively a defender and we need big forwards more.

My young fella is a centre-half back and the Stingrays are our local TAC side, so we watch him closely. Has good leadership qualities.

pokey said:
I really like him, but not sure that he fits our needs. He's exclusively a defender and we need big forwards more.

My young fella is a centre-half back and the Stingrays are our local TAC side, so we watch him closely. Has good leadership qualities.

We need both I think, agree that a forward is more pressing but if Astbury goes down the cupboard is bare. Garthwaite may fit the bill but is still speculative. If both Balta & Clavarino are on the board I think we need to take both. Talls have to take precedence.

bullus_hit said:
We need both I think, agree that a forward is more pressing but if Astbury goes down the cupboard is bare. Garthwaite may fit the bill but is still speculative. If both Balta & Clavarino are on the board I think we need to take both. Talls have to take precedence.

Would love both of those boys. It would help to set us up for a long time.

I'll be happy if someone drafts Hayes and Stephenson before our picks. Hayes is Vickery incarnate and every touch Stephenson had yesterday was given to him (handball receives and uncontested marks). Every one.

spook said:
I'll be happy if someone drafts Hayes and Stephenson before our picks. Hayes is Vickery incarnate and every touch Stephenson had yesterday was given to him (handball receives and uncontested marks). Every one.

Yeah I'm the same. Just rather not have to make that call.

Sutherland growing on me. Has played as a tall mid at school footy. Great story about him crushing a pack in school footy when a defender sat in the hole in front of him. Luke Power tells it on the draft podcast. Called it the type of thing that the kids who succeed at the top level do. Improvement left in him is huge.

SCOOP said:
Yeah I'm the same. Just rather not have to make that call.

Sutherland growing on me. Has played as a tall mid at school footy. Great story about him crushing a pack in school footy when a defender sat in the hole in front of him. Luke Power tells it on the draft podcast. Called it the type of thing that the kids who succeed at the top level do. Improvement left in him is huge.

I highly doubt Sutherland slips past #10 , We would be over the moon if that did happen

You will find by November he will be talked about as a top 5-10

turk-d-tiger said:
I highly doubt Sutherland slips past #10 , We would be over the moon if that did happen

You never know, talls do tend to slide. this time last yr ppl had English as a top 10 pick & he slid out to almost top 20

turk-d-tiger said:
Higgins could easily go top 10 imo, Would love to have another selection under #20
Is he a bit too small? I would think that bigger bodies should be on the radar. God I would love Rayner. The kid is Dusty-like.

turk-d-tiger said:

You might be right, I've been watching cricket video's of Sutherland and his coordination and athleticism is off the charts.

So much improvement left in him.

The Mole said:
Is he a bit too small? I would think that bigger bodies should be on the radar. God I would love Rayner. The kid is Dusty-like.

Same height as the bloke who went at pick 1 last year.

Watched some footage tonight, if I had pick 1, I'd take Rayner.

Has outstanding power in the contest. Monster 1 on 1 and has won a heap of ball at TAC level.

None of the talls have performed any better yet. Dusty & Danger best mids in the AFL right now.

This boy plays a similar style. Hard to bypass.