2017 Under 18 Champs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2017 Under 18 Champs

TigerPort said:
We have our's and GWS's third rounders.

Given the respective positions on the ladder we have the following point position:

Our's 287
GWS's 220

Total 507.

After pick # 18 the discount is fixed at 197 points. So adding 197 to the combined value of the 3rd round picks we have 706 points

Pick #27 is 703 points. So right now is Naish gets bid on at or after pick # 27 we are sweet.

We can also use our 4th round pick which is currently worth 69 points. This elevates us to pick # 25. Any bid higher than pick #25 and after our two first rounds means we would go into deficit in the 2018 draft.

Using your example above and a club bids at #18 then we need 985 points less the discount of 197 = 788. our two 3rd rounds plus our 4th round total 576. We would then go into deficit for 2018. Say we finished 4th in 2018 our pick #15 would drop to pick #21
Thanks for that TP, good to know.

TigerPort said:
We have our's and GWS's third rounders.

Given the respective positions on the ladder we have the following point position:

Our's 287
GWS's 220

Total 507.

After pick # 18 the discount is fixed at 197 points. So adding 197 to the combined value of the 3rd round picks we have 706 points

Pick #27 is 703 points. So right now is Naish gets bid on at or after pick # 27 we are sweet.

We can also use our 4th round pick which is currently worth 69 points. This elevates us to pick # 25. Any bid higher than pick #25 and after our two first rounds means we would go into deficit in the 2018 draft.

Using your example above and a club bids at #18 then we need 985 points less the discount of 197 = 788. our two 3rd rounds plus our 4th round total 576. We would then go into deficit for 2018. Say we finished 4th in 2018 our pick #15 would drop to pick #21

I will also add that if a bid comes in the second round that's where the deduction will come if we go into deficit.

as some have said, young naish just needs to not over impress with his times,then his size along with average times will help him fall down the draft .

spook said:
Yep, the f/son rule as it was allowed Geelong to take Ablett at 40, gifting them Stevie J at 24, around the range Jnr would have been bid on. Then they got Hawkins at 42 when he would have been bid on at #1, gifting them Selwood at 7.
Except of course in 2008, when we grabbed Vickery instead of Ziebell or Sidebottom, and Post instead of Beams, Hannebery or Sloane.
certainly, i was only going off the examples given & no doubt there are a few the other way as well.

Jonesracing82 said:
certainly, i was only going off the examples given & no doubt there are a few the other way as well.
Was not having a go at you Jonesy, more our recruiting.

Brodders17 said:
and perhaps the idea you should always go tall over small?
All things being equal, I am at one with that philosophy. However, it that particular case, things were far from equal, and recruiters are paid to know that.

Andrew Brayshaw.. think the commentators said he was brother of Angus

bullus_hit said:
Balta named at CHB this week, hope he does well but not too well.

Where do you think he will go bullus?

Some of the scribes on bigfooty have him going in the 20's? Is that a possibility?

Blokes that caught my eye today:

Talls:

- Sutherland: is he likely to choose footy? Definite first round option

- Balta: good athletic ability..would like to see him forward down at Geelong

- Oscar Allen: prob a 3rd/lead up option but has good hands

- Clavarino: marks everything but is his disposal iffy?

- Bailey Williams: probably a later pick nut just saw some glimpses in him

- Coffield: has great dash and a better boot but not really a KPP?

Disappointed in Hayes. Remember being impressed last year. Does he have a bit of the Vickerys?

Smalls:

Jaidyn Stevenson: player of the day. Oozes class

Rayner: good combination of strength and skill

Ian Hill: next year but he is everything i was hoping Naish would be

Sydney Stack: underage was good at the start just saw some definite AFL mid qualities in him

Stevenson looked great today, Pointless thinking he is an option for us definite top 5-10 imo

If we hold onto both our picks 2 of Balta,Coffield , Hayes would be a good result

Coffield has been playing a few games with Richmond 2nd's so we have had a very very good look at him and he looks good

Can see him becoming a big bodied inside mid in furure

turk-d-tiger said:
Stevenson looked great today, Pointless thinking he is an option for us definite top 5-10 imo

If we hold onto both our picks 2 of Balta,Coffield , Hayes would be a good result

Coffield has been playing a few games with Richmond 2nd's so we have had a very very good look at him and he looks good

Can see him becoming a big bodied inside mid in furure
Turk, on Coffield you are not getting confused with his brother Daniel who is a regular player for VFL side are you or has Nick played a game also?

caesar said:
Turk, on Coffield you are not getting confused with his brother Daniel who is a regular player for VFL side are you or has Nick played a game also?

Correct, Nick has not played for our VFL, Daniel has played most games this year and a handful last year as 23rd man