2020 Coaching Group | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Coaching Group

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Richmond coaching structure:

Senior coach: Damien Hardwick
Assistant coach, backline/defence: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, midfield/offensive: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, forwards: Craig McRae
VFL & Development coach (forwards): Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson
Development coach and VFL midfield: Sam Lonergan
Ruck coach: Ivan Maric

Reactions: 4 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Let's just be a bit formal here..... 2 words poor Figgy still has to dream of...

And lets hope that Karma bus ( i know im not nice ) keeps driving pass him & Treloar on the way to Punt Rd to pick up Damien and his crew of merry men.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
X Man and Fly both promoted good result for them both well done to them :clap1

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Let's just be a bit formal here..... 2 words poor Figgy still has to dream of...

Figgy hasnt even got the single man let alone the plural, and neither has Campaignerfield and that fact makes me feel fuzzy and warm inside and not much makes me feel fuzzy and warm inside these days.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
And we were just speculating on elevating McRae, a good move and puts him more in the frame to take over from Dimma.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Richmond coaching structure:

Senior coach: Damien Hardwick
Assistant coach, backline/defence: Justin Leppitsch
Assistant coach, midfield/stoppage: Adam Kingsley
Assistant coach, midfield/offensive: Andrew McQualter
Assistant coach, forwards: Craig McRae
VFL & Development coach (forwards): Xavier Clarke
Development coach and VFL backline: Ryan Ferguson
Development coach and VFL midfield: Sam Lonergan
Ruck coach: Ivan Maric

what a quality line up.

I hope Leppa never leaves. I love Leppa.

Reactions: 6 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Andrew McQualter is now the ball movement coach. That just about makes him the senior assistant.

He is obviously very highly-regarded at the club.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
McRae is a class act.
Having him as an assistant to the current premiership coach is well deserved.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Good balance with senior assistants in Leppa and Kingsley, an emerging senior coach in Fly, two obviously rated coaches in McQualter and Clarke.

I am sure the young coaches in Ferguson, Lonergon would have been professionally adressed and fit the Richmond way and values set by dimma, Gale, etc.

Clearly a lot of succession planning and coach profeasional development going on behind the scenes.

The club is in a good place.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
McRae is a class act.
Having him as an assistant to the current premiership coach is well deserved.

Fly also appears to be the best developer of junior talent at the club. Hope he continues to have input into our younger players. Invaluable resource

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Fly also appears to be the best developer of junior talent at the club. Hope he continues to have input into our younger players. Invaluable resource

Succession plan
Out Hardwick
In McRae.
Like buckley and Malthouse :rotfl1

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Good balance with senior assistants in Leppa and Kingsley, an emerging senior coach in Fly, two obviously rated coaches in McQualter and Clarke.

I am sure the young coaches in Ferguson, Lonergon would have been professionally adressed and fit the Richmond way and values set by dimma, Gale, etc.

Clearly a lot of succession planning and coach profeasional development going on behind the scenes.

The club is in a good place.
This is my take also, it also sends the msg to any aspiring Coach that if you do a good job there is a career path if your willing to get your hands dirty. It's a good reward for a job well done.

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009
Leppa or McRae post Dimma would be good. Either of them could take over some time into the future.

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
I could see in 5 to 10 years time Balme retire and Hardwick take his place and McRae become head coach
I couldn’t , dimma doesnt seem the administrator type , I expect an alex Ferguson like reign and in another 15 or so years , the likes of Luke hodge, grigg and Newman would likely be short listed