2020 Coaching Group | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2020 Coaching Group

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Promoting from within our four walls. Great stuff and just shows the quality we have within the club ov
Leppa or McRae post Dimma would be good. Either of them could take over some time into the future.

A fair comment but of the two, I rate Leppa highly but McRae just has that little bit extra in his coaching arsenal to be our future head coach some day in the future

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Very hard to judge externally but whether the Caracella departure is felt remains to be seen.
The ripple effect is that Fly in particular I feel will no doubt be a loss to overseeing development of the VFL side.
I'm sure X will do a great job as a replacement but Craig's are very big shoe to fill.
Hopefully we don't miss a beat.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
I work with a couple of x's relatives, who are lovely people. He is a great bloke apparently, not that they are biased or anything:cool:, and he loves the tiges.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I work with a couple of x's relatives, who are lovely people. He is a great bloke apparently, not that they are biased or anything:cool:, and he loves the tiges.

there's people you can tell are extremely nice people without ever meeting them and X is certainly one of them.

Cotchy and Bacher fall into that category too I reckon.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Should’ve signed lepacella as playing captain/coach/prez/boot studder while we had the chance. Dimmer is out of his depth.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
If we've been trying somethi g new that wasn't working I'd be inclined to agree.
But we're e just not trying.

No doubt there's plenty at play and effort/intensity is one of those. But Caracella oversaw ball movement and that has been a weakness so far. That flow we had last year is non-existent. Hopefully it's just an effort thing but will definitely watch this space.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
esp ball movement into our forward line
just bloody awful
There was one passage of play in the 3rd quarter where in a 30 second (or thereabouts) period we had 4 separate forward 50 entries. Every entry was a high ball to a massive pack which was cleared by Hawthorn back to a wall of Richmond players who then just did the same thing again. Rinse and repeat. It was excruciating to watch.

The definition of insanity. Doing the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
No doubt there's plenty at play and effort/intensity is one of those. But Caracella oversaw ball movement and that has been a weakness so far. That flow we had last year is non-existent. Hopefully it's just an effort thing but will definitely watch this space.

Is there seriously something to this? I'd find it hard to believe as we've had our style of play ingrained for 3 years now and it's been very successful. Caracella was obviously a big part of that and he is gone now.

Surely we don't automatically revert to 2016 style ball movement because a coach has left? It sounds ridiculous but on the evidence of the last 2 games you could argue the case. Hopefully we revert to 2017-2019 ball movement next week.

My guess is that it's more about attitude than anything at the moment.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Is there seriously something to this? I'd find it hard to believe as we've had our style of play ingrained for 3 years now and it's been very successful. Caracella was obviously a big part of that and he is gone now.

Surely we don't automatically revert to 2016 style ball movement because a coach has left? It sounds ridiculous but on the evidence of the last 2 games you could argue the case. Hopefully we revert to 2017-2019 ball movement next week.

My guess is that it's more about attitude than anything at the moment.

I guess Caracella would have devised and controlled the drills at training to practice it. I guess with the limited training happening, it makes it hard but all teams are in the same boat. WOnder if caesar has noticed any changes to movement drills from this year to last?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There's clearly a lot more to it than just Caracella leaving but it would be at least part of our current situation.
The ball movement has been shockingly bad as have the skills. Delivery i50 has no system at all.
We looked closer to the bottom side than the reigning Premiers last night.

Not to pin it on him but McQualter is current midfield/offensive coach now.

We kept all our coaches on by choice to sacrifice other areas so questions do need to be asked.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
There's clearly a lot more to it than just Caracella leaving but it would be at least part of our current situation.
The ball movement has been shockingly bad as have the skills. Delivery i50 has no system at all.
We looked closer to the bottom side than the reigning Premiers last night.

Not to pin it on him but McQualter is current midfield/offensive coach now.

We kept all our coaches on by choice to sacrifice other areas so questions do need to be asked.
Yes you can not be reigning premier and then dish up bottom 4 like rubbish 2 weeks in a row like we have without robust questions being asked.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yes you can not be reigning premier and then dish up bottom 4 like rubbish 2 weeks in a row like we have without robust questions being asked.

Robust or not.
We have returned looking the RFC from 2011 not 2019.
Hardwick needs to toughen up and start dropping his favourites