2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

It's also about recruiting a nice blend of players, you can't just grab inside mids if you want a fully functioning midfield, quality ball users are essential. If we go Hobbs at 9, Butler at 17 and McDonald at 30ish, have we missed a golden opportunity to grab some elite kicks?
Nothing wrong with Hobb's and Butlers kicking,and Macdonald can get some decent distance with his kicks,,probably needs to go the easier options ,but that might put him among the elite kicks :p

Mock draft with Twomey and Sheahan has us taking Erasmus and Van Rooyen. Whatevs. Fantasy stuff.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/687117
Pick 1- JHF
Pick 2 - Daicos
Pick 3 - Darcy
Pick 4 - Gibcus
Pick 5 - Callaghan
Pick 6 - Rachele
Pick 7 - Ward
Pick 8 - Hobbs
Pick 9 - Erasmus
Pick 10 - Amiss
Pick 11 - Andrew
Pick 12 - Wanganeen-Milera
Pick 13 - Johnson
Pick 14 - Sinn
Pick 15 - Goater
Pick 16 - Wilmot
Pick 17 - JVR
Pick 18 - Fahey
Pick 19 - Brown
Pick 20 - Howes
Pick 21 - Chesser

Reactions: 2 users
Not happy with that combo Redmond?

Does Shifter still keep in touch with the juniors or is he hanging around for show?
Nah it’s not that. I just reckon endless phantom drafts are a waste of time. Boring. I only take note of draft predictions from one or two people a few days before the draft.

I spoke to Cal recently. This one on the AFL site will differ a lot from what he throws out there closer to the time.

Reactions: 1 users
Shifter was picking half the picks.

Not gonna comment on his current relevance, but he's been involved with juniors for a long time. Still is.

Pick 1- JHF
Pick 2 - Daicos
Pick 3 - Darcy
Pick 4 - Gibcus
Pick 5 - Callaghan
Pick 6 - Rachele
Pick 7 - Ward
Pick 8 - Hobbs
Pick 9 - Erasmus
Pick 10 - Amiss
Pick 11 - Andrew
Pick 12 - Wanganeen-Milera
Pick 13 - Johnson
Pick 14 - Sinn
Pick 15 - Goater
Pick 16 - Wilmot
Pick 17 - JVR
Pick 18 - Fahey
Pick 19 - Brown
Pick 20 - Howes
Pick 21 - Chesser

no Sonsie is interesting

@Leysy Days is probably right.

Hobbs is going to have be pretty talented to make it .

183cm mid paced , mid skilled, elite desperation, elite CP, and leadership.

The only other player with this athletic profile and playing style that has been a star was Joel Selwood ?

Can't think of many others in the last 10 years.

I am missing something ?
Inside mids rarely go top ten, if they do they usually have outstanding production like Wines & Selwood.
no Sonsie is interesting
I just got wind of that, could he be the steal of the century?

Blake Howes top 20, might have to scrub him from the wish list.

• Sad
  • Wow
also no Butler... would be a dream if he slipped to our 2nds

also no Butler... would be a dream if he slipped to our 2nds
Both Butler & Taylor were mentioned as potential top 20 picks, hard to see them sliding, particularly with Hawthorn eyeing off similar players.

I reckon hobbs will be there at 15 and sonsie could be there at 26

Johnson
Hobbs
Sonsie
jVR
Ronny

Would be pretty good
If we managed that then I would personally pull down the future statue of Dusty outside PR and replace it with Clarke.

Just realised that as well.

How realistic is this 'mock draft'?
Twomey has the best mail going around.

Tried telling folks on here that their luv for Sonsie and Taylor was misplaced. I got hounded off the board by Bullus and co for saying it though

Also on the record as saying Fahey and Brown right in the mix for our pick 17. Fahey even a sneaky chance at 9.

Twomey has the best mail going around.

Tried telling folks on here that their luv for Sonsie and Taylor was misplaced. I got hounded off the board by Bullus and co for saying it though

Also on the record as saying Fahey and Brown right in the mix for our pick 17. Fahey even a sneaky chance at 9.
Mate, they were both mentioned by Twomey & Shifter as potential top 20 picks, go back and listen to the podcast.