2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Whats your thoughts on Chesser?
Don't know enough, have watched him. The under 16 form is a the best guide to where he sat in the field before the start of the year. A bit like Sonsie he has showed huge potential in the lower levels. In this draft I think he goes between 10-30.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
would we be entertaining the thought of getting the No.1 off North in a CCJ deal?

would we rate any of the Top 3 prospects highly enough to sell the farm?

CCJ, 7 and ? for pick 1?
In a SANFL game I watched the other day, the commentators made mention of Norf being a bit annoyed at the fact Horne Francis and others around him were all mids and that Norf already had enough of them and would prefer a taller player -maybe later down the order so it’s not impossible.

We’ll be better off longer term without the Chol Stroll and CJ. 100% certain….

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Love your thinking EZY but Norf would have to be drunk to take that deal.

They know they can get CCJ for at worst a pick in the 20's and still get arguably the best kid in the draft.

yeah I know its crazy talk.

hypothetically, if your were sure Jason Horne was a 250 game star mid,

you'de offer CCJ, 7 and 15

for No.1, wouldnt you?

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
his size and shape makes him a modern prototype.
And there we have it! The first use of 'prototype' for the draft season! Congratulations, Cal! (Nobody tell Cal that a prototype is an early model to test a concept, and 187cm wingers have been around since Frank Marchesani.) (Not that Cal would know who Frank Marchesani was.)

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

wayno

Tiger Rookie
Nov 3, 2004
Melbourne
What do the Football club need more than anything
1 - Young CHF to replace Jack
2 - Young tall defender
3 - Midfield

I think our first pick should be the best CHF available and trade for the midfielder we need.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
As MC and other clubs always say, it’s best available with your first pick. Position plays next to no part in the decision unless there’s’ two or three rated around the same level.

Reactions: 6 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Love your thinking EZY but Norf would have to be drunk to take that deal.

They know they can get CCJ for at worst a pick in the 20's and still get arguably the best kid in the draft.

On CJ i don't think North will give up 20 alone, if we want 20 we might have to exchange pick 28 in whatever deal is done and maybe our pick 44 for their pick 38.

We won't be able to get a deal in our favour.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007
On CJ i don't think North will give up 20 alone, if we want 20 we might have to exchange pick 28 in whatever deal is done

Hoping we do get pick 20 but if not, we might have to get creative, like CJ and pick 28 for pick 20 & 38

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Hoping we do get pick 20 but if not, we might have to get creative, like CJ and pick 28 for pick 20 & 38
I had amended my post as you typed :) with something similar except exchanging 44 for 38. You have to think of this trade with the North cap on they have the whip hand.

Example if they said we will only give you 38 or 20 for 28 & 38 for 44.

Would you rather move up 6 places in 2nd and 3rd round or have one fresh/additional pick 38? I'd prefer the former.

Last edited:

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
On CJ i don't think North will give up 20 alone, if we want 20 we might have to exchange pick 28 in whatever deal is done and maybe our pick 44 for their pick 38.

We won't be able to get a deal in our favour.

I dont think clubs want to use the PSD and create enemies.

might not be able to get a deal in our favour, but we should be able to get a draw.

Like I said earlier, im not great at the hypothetical trading caper,

but I estimate North would value him early 2nd, we'd value him late first,

and thats not far enough apart for anyone to feel aggrieved enough for anything to get blown up.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I dont think clubs want to use the PSD and create enemies.

might not be able to get a deal in our favour, but we should be able to get a draw.

Like I said earlier, im not great at the hypothetical trading caper,

but I estimate North would value him early 2nd, we'd value him late first,

and thats not far enough apart for anyone to feel aggrieved enough for anything to get blown up.

Sound reasoning eZyT I just don't think it will be a straight CJ for 20 swap.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
I reckon it will be pick 20 and a future 4th from #lolnorf for CCJ and a future 3rd.

We will want to keep 40, 44 and 45 (Chol compo) to deal to the Dogs for their first round pick (17 or 18)

That will give us 6 picks

7, 15, 17, 20, 26 & 28.

The best draft haul we've had since the fiasco of 2004.

Reactions: 4 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
Sound reasoning eZyT I just don't think it will be a straight CJ for 20 swap.
They've also applied for a Priority Pick.
If North get it (won less than 8 games in 2 years - same rationale that gave GCS a pick), would it be Pick 21. After their Pick 20.
Might be able to then offer us 21.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
If North get it (won less than 8 games in 2 years - same rationale that gave GCS a pick), would it be Pick 21. After their Pick 20.

Pee off - they've got no excuse for being *smile*. You shouldn't get priority picks for paying duds like Polec $800k to sit in the stands. They already have priority access to Tassie NGA talent.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I'm starting to think that this draft may turbo charge our midfield for the next 10 yrs.

if we play it right, which we should,

we can double dynasty.

Dusty has 5-6 more years, and is destined to do the Coleman/Norm Smith medal double.

Feb 25, 2007

They won't get it, it's at the AFL's discretion, and North have shown very good signs in the 2nd half of this year.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It would but they won't get it, would be dismissed pretty quickly you'd think Nth haven't been cellar dwellers long enough.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
And there we have it! The first use of 'prototype' for the draft season! Congratulations, Cal! (Nobody tell Cal that a prototype is an early model to test a concept, and 187cm wingers have been around since Frank Marchesani.) (Not that Cal would know who Frank Marchesani was.)
*smile* I thought you were quoting me.

• Haha