2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I think your right unfortunately with the Hawks. I see Adelaide are keen on Dawson, they may want to do a deal for Pick 4 if he chooses them as their second round pick wouldn't be enough for Sydney I wouldn't of thought and the first pick is too high.
If we get the Dogs' first, maybe we could do 15 and 17 for 4? Adelaide could trade 17 for Dawson and still probably get Draper at 15. But I think Dawson's going to Port, isn't he?

Gee I hope there's a way we can get the GCS pick 3 to jump ahead of Hawks. Not sure we can, but one can dream.
I'm not sure it'd be worth it for what it'd cost. Getting pick 2 on the other hand...welcome down Callaghan!

W

Why didn't we swap with Collingwood last year.
We would have 2 top 10 picks and lesser chance of fking it up.
Anything after pick 5. Is innie minnie mo jobs
Gee, zips, why haven't you mentioned this before.

We didn't swap with Collingwood last year because they were waiting until after a bid came for their academy player McInnes. It came at 23 and they immediately swapped their 2021 first for 24 and 30 and a 2021 4th-rounder. They then used those to gain two extra third-rounders this year to help pay for Daicos while only sliding back to picks 30 and 31. They would have been stupid to trade it to us.

Reactions: 1 user

Blind Charlie

Talk is cheap,just do it !
May 20, 2015
I've got a funny feeling Mac Andrew slides into the first eight.
That kid could possibly play every single position on the ground, goes top 10 for mine.
I know there's a few that really rate Hobbs but does he have the speed to play at AFL level ?

A couple more names to keep an eye on.

Cooper Murley, highly rated before injuries but this kid moves well. First rounder?

Charlie Molan, basketball background and sister plays for our AFLW team. Moves well neat disposal.

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Maybe we could look at trading 7 and 15 to the Crows for 4 and 23. They might be looking at 15 as about fair value for Jordan Dawson. We would then be guaranteed of getting either Hobbs or Ward to become a key part of our future midfield.

Feb 25, 2007
1. Daicos - Coll
2. Darcy - WB
3. Horne-Francis - Norf
4. Callaghan - GWS
5. Gibcus - GC
6. Hobbs - Ade
7. Ward - Haw
8. Eramsus - Freo
9. ? - Richmond

Ward is exactly what Hawthorn needs. Adelaide might pull a smokey and take Draper.

There's always one slider, hope ward or another top mid makes it to our pick 9 "likely they'll be off the board" but a mid would be my first option, other than that doubt we would go past Jye Amiss who would be a great get., an absolute sharpshooter. If we bypass him the Eagles will snap him up.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Poached because they a) weren't good enough to take someone's spot or b) drafted in areas we already had players.

It's a failure by both but the first mistake was drafting the wrong types.
Very short sighted.

You say that now with hindsight of three premierships. If we hasn't won 2019 or jack's body gave way, you'd be slamming the club for not having a junior in the wings.

You have to have vision for a few years ahead. We're now trying to eek out one last premiership. The club could have quite easily have said sorry Jack time to go. Then CCJ would be a starting 22.

Our recruiters wouldn't have the benefit of hindsight at the time of drafting.

Our list management though, allowing 4 years of development to walk out the door......*smile* house.

Similar for Higgins.
We knew we'd be under salary cap pressures, and that may have taken out a mid-forward. Higgins would have got a lot of games for us in 2021, and probably more next year.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
They say Erasmus is still injured and wont play, gee I wonder (I know its hard to believe), if he is being hidden a little to stay in WA. Hard to think they'd do that but he's been unable to play since early 2021. Bummer, wanted to see his development.

Wow that must be the worst corkie in the history of corkies.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Yeah, I tend to agree. For some reason I can't see Eramus lasting before our pick. That's why I think one of Hobbs or Ward will be there for us.
Erasmus just seems to tick a lot of boxes, eg kicking goals in grand finals.
I can see Adelaide, Freo and WC all being keen.
To big a reach for GC.
We want Freo to get pick 6, not leave it with Carlton.

As for Hawks I suspect they are choosing between Ward and Sonsie.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
I think your right unfortunately with the Hawks. I see Adelaide are keen on Dawson, they may want to do a deal for Pick 4 if he chooses them as their second round pick wouldn't be enough for Sydney I wouldn't of thought and the first pick is too high.
Yeah I posted this in another thread.
We can swap 4 which gives us a choice of Ward Hobbs Sonsie and maybe even Gibcus if GC don't select him.

Ideally we keep 7. Crows might be happy with a late first rounder as Draper and Roberts will go around then. They can pick the 2nd best SA mid and get Dawson which is a win for them

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
If we get the Dogs' first, maybe we could do 15 and 17 for 4? Adelaide could trade 17 for Dawson and still probably get Draper at 15. But I think Dawson's going to Port, isn't he?

I'm not sure it'd be worth it for what it'd cost. Getting pick 2 on the other hand...welcome down Callaghan!

Gee, zips, why haven't you mentioned this before.

We didn't swap with Collingwood last year because they were waiting until after a bid came for their academy player McInnes. It came at 23 and they immediately swapped their 2021 first for 24 and 30 and a 2021 4th-rounder. They then used those to gain two extra third-rounders this year to help pay for Daicos while only sliding back to picks 30 and 31. They would have been stupid to trade it to us.
Port are probably still the favorite to get him but he has had a medical and toured the Adelaide facilities so they must be some chance to land him.

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
Yeah I posted this in another thread.
We can swap 4 which gives us a choice of Ward Hobbs Sonsie and maybe even Gibcus if GC don't select him.

Ideally we keep 7. Crows might be happy with a late first rounder as Draper and Roberts will go around then. They can pick the 2nd best SA mid and get Dawson which is a win for them
I like your trade idea but I was thinking it would be more like 4 and 23 for 7 and 15.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
ward and sonsie ,i personally would be happy with either ,sonsie easily with more games would be a top 5 pick.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
While Caddy doesn't look particularly important to team success next season, I can imagine that North would welcome him into their forward line.
CJ alone should earn a top 20 pick but if not, Caddy and CJ for 20, should get it done.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
1. Daicos - Coll
2. Darcy - WB
3. Horne-Francis - Norf
4. Callaghan - GWS
5. Gibcus - GC
6. Hobbs - Ade
7. Ward - Haw
8. Eramsus - Freo
9. ? - Richmond

Ward is exactly what Hawthorn needs. Adelaide might pull a smokey and take Draper.
I think one of Sonsie or Sinn will be in our sights.

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Yes, be good if he slides to a second round pick.

No chance! I suspect the W.A. teams are hiding him going to miss again.

Power rankings have him at 11

11. Neil Erasmus (Subiaco)

Hard to split Erasmus and Amiss as WA’s best prospect. The 188cm midfielder had a stunning start to his season and has only improved as the year has progressed. He was the second-highest ranked player in the WAFL colts, according to Champion Data, and ranked among the top five players for disposals, contested possessions, intercept marks, clearances and score assists. Erasmus averaged 28 disposals from his four WAFL colts games, but showed in last year’s grand final in the same competition that he can be dangerous up forward, kicking four goals as a bottom-ager in Subiaco’s premiership triumph.