2021 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2021 Draft Thread

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
And possibly taken us away from pick #2 in 2007 and pick #3 in 2009

Also would we have needed another tall forward in 2006, especially after trading in Polak??
Yep.Thats what i was alluding too.
With Buddy=No Cotch or Dusty.

Reactions: 1 user

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Clearly alls well that ends well.

And enduring Tambling was worth it for the glory we have subsequently enjoyed, and hence I agree even though Tambling was the biggest bust of all time WGAF !

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Deledio, Tambling, Meyer, Pattison and Polo were massively hyped, I suspect way more than this group
After this draft ,a dad whom had a son drafted to port Adelaide stated that Pattinson,Myer wouldn't make it and that Pattinson in his range wasn't top50 and Myer didn't have enough dedication.
Boy was he right.
This lot from Gibcus to Clarke all have huge talent.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I still maintain Tambling was a good pick and a good player and we stuffed him. That first game he played at Marvel in the Silvertop Taxi guernsey was electric. Something happened after that.
Strongly agree.
The kid could play.
It should be noted that player development was almost non existent at Richmond during that period.
Tambling, Delidio and others gifted games early and thrown to the wolves because we wanted to show off our shiny new toys to our members.
The club also lacked competition for spots, great role models or strong leadership when they arrived.
Meanwhile strong teams, like Hawthorn and Geelong, made their young players complete apprenticeships in the twos until they demanded their spots.

Reactions: 7 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Strongly agree.
The kid could play.
It should be noted that player development was almost non existent at Richmond during that period.
Tambling, Delidio and others gifted games early and thrown to the wolves because we wanted to show off our shiny new toys to our members.
The club also lacked competition for spots, great role models and strong leadership when they arrived.
Meanwhile strong teams like Hawthorn and Geelong, made their young players complete apprenticeships in the twos until they demand their spots.
spot on, I know his host family & could tell some horror stories about the poor kid

here's one, when his partner became pregnant, he confided in another indigenous player who told him not to tell anyone at the club because if he did he would likely be delisted !

No wonder he felt the club didnt have his back

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
After this draft ,a dad whom had a son drafted to port Adelaide stated that Pattinson,Myer wouldn't make it and that Pattinson in his range wasn't top50 and Myer didn't have enough dedication.
Boy was he right.
This lot from Gibcus to Clarke all have huge talent.
He should have told Port Adelaide because they went and got Meyer after he left us !!

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
I still maintain Tambling was a good pick and a good player and we stuffed him. That first game he played at Marvel in the Silvertop Taxi guernsey was electric. Something happened after that.
Even in that game it was clear his kicking was suspect.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
spot on, I know his host family & could tell some horror stories about the poor kid

here's one, when his partner became pregnant, he confided in another indigenous player who told him not to tell anyone at the club because if he did he would likely be delisted !

No wonder he felt the club didnt have his back

I'm not disputing our poor development at the time, but why would any club delist someone for getting his partner pregnant?

That sounds like him being paranoid and irrational, or were you implying a form of PTSD?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
I'm not disputing our poor development at the time, but why would any club delist someone for getting his partner pregnant?

That sounds like him being paranoid and irrational, or were you implying a form of PTSD?
Im just saying that that is what he was told.

A young kid who has grown up in the bush & some of it living under a tree wouldn't know any better

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Cant wait to see our kids. Sonsie a Tiger, lol, how did it happen?

Reactions: 1 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
Who’d we get?
Any gooduns?

I can’t believe they were still there at our picks
:LOL:
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
What’s his fitness levels like I wonder.
Doubt they'll be flash, pretty sure he did bugger all during the pre christmas stint ( injury rehab? ).
Way more important to get the body right n then build him up. He's hopefully got ten / fifteen years in front of him, not necessarily round one this year.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
The number one thing I hate this time of year is the lack of knowledge on our new draftees,want to know how their going with fitness,where they are compared to our list,their skills as seen by club etc.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
So Richard Taylor has joined the Crows.…..
And Collingwood have tried to poach Peter Burge but he’s decided to honour his contract.
When it expires we could be looking at a different story

Last edited:
  • Sad