2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

As long as we're fit and firing in September, it doesn't matter where we finish.

We've never won it the hard way like the Bulldogs did in 2016.

In this caper you have to keep making incremental improvements.

Just keep finding small advantages to continually improve.

But watching us yesterday,

Has our midfield improved? No

Has our forward line improved? No

Has our backline improved? Hell No

Benny and Peggy are killing it off-field (pokies the glaring exception) but on field we are stagnating or worse, regressing.

Reactions: 1 users
yesterday was a disaster, but other than meaning we will finish with 1 less win than we should, and therefor finish lower on the ladder, i dont reckon it reduces our chances of doing damage in Sept. If we make it.

we should have won by at least 5 goals, but we burnt so many kickable goals, the roos didnt miss for most of the game.

If, and it is clearly a big if, we can fix the 5% we are off we are still close to the best team in the league.

Reactions: 2 users
Imo we've lost our "mental toughness" lost 5-6 games by less than a goal, that would have happened a year or 2 back.

The big question is WHY.
Some players aging, some wanting to go their own way (Jack in media is starting to bother me), some in 2nd mind of staying, inexperienced kids, no leadership on and off field, lack of coach mentoring.

Reactions: 1 user
Completely butchered this season. It’s wide open too.
Brand new GTR straight into a brick wall.
We have tottaly screwed up the perfect opportunity to snag another flag.
Geelong only fear us. That's why the kod Prestia.
The Geelong games was the WC game of last year repeated. Bring in another midfielder

yesterday was a disaster, but other than meaning we will finish with 1 less win than we should, and therefor finish lower on the ladder, i dont reckon it reduces our chances of doing damage in Sept. If we make it.

we should have won by at least 5 goals, but we burnt so many kickable goals, the roos didnt miss for most of the game.

If, and it is clearly a big if, we can fix the 5% we are off we are still close to the best team in the league.

Yeah we kicked badly, but the way we entered the forward 50 we were putting pressure on ourselves and that means we miss very gettable shots.

Same applies the other way, not enough pressure on North and they kicked very accurately.

Doesn't explain our inaccuracy or their accuracy completely, but it is a factor.

DS

Innaccuracy (especially from in play misses like Riewoldt snaps) also burns you more than it did just a few years ago. The ability to transition from a kick in to i50 seems easier than ever. You can almost run to 50 then bang it to a wing with one possession with the defence out of position.

We’ve lost 4 games by a total of 15 points, if we’d kicked straighter on just 4 kicks at goal we’d be sitting 3rd.

We’ve become the old Richmond that never missed an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

4 kicks….

Reactions: 4 users
We are a good footy team..still! It honestly feels like we are wasting this season.
That's how I feel. What an opportunity. A combo of bad luck with injuries & umpires have contributed but IMO our senior players have let us down at crucial times with ill-discipline and poor decisions.

I have no doubt If we had better luck with injury we would be sitting in the top 4 but despite that we certainly should have been secure in the 8 and fighting for 4th spot.

If and a big IF and we get there, feels like we are making up the numbers.

Things would have to do a 180 over the next four weeks for us to make a serious run.

Reactions: 2 users
If and a big IF and we get there, feels like we are making up the numbers.

Things would have to do a 180 over the next four weeks for us to make a serious run.
This.
At no stage this year has it felt like we are a chance.
Outside of Geelong (2007-2011), no side has stayed up for longer than 5 years.
We are in year 6.

Imagine if our coach could coach, our crocks weren’t crocks, our youngsters each had 20 games more experience, our selectors actually took notice of what us PRE experts say, the bloody umpires knew the rules and the tribunal had some balls……. we would still be in the finals and ready to pounce when the Cats, Lions, Pies and other pretenders choke like they always do.

But hang on. We’re still in the 8 so it’s not too late. All we need is a miracle and Dusty back!

Say your prayers and keep the faith!

I still believe if we make the finals we can make a dent. Lets make some history, win the premiership from 8th :D

Realistically the top 7 are probably set (positions may mix up but that top 7 will probably now remain in the top 7), so we are playing off for 8th with the Dogs, Saints, Power and Suns.

Our next 3 are: Freo (H - Marvel grrrr), Brisbane (H) and Port (A).
Dogs next 3 are: Melb (H), Cats (A), Freo (H)
Saints next 3 are: West Coast (A), Hawks (H) and Cats (A)
Ports next 3 are: Cats (H), Pies (A) and Richmond (H)
Suns next 3 are: Lions (A), Eagles (H) and Hawks (in Tas).

Most are tough games (Saints last 2 games after these 3 are super hard). I reckon 8th is still there and if can finish the season healthy, we could still have a dip at finals). Would be a tough finals series though, just did a ladder predictor and we would need successive away games at Freo, then Sydney, then Brisbane. Tough.

Last 2 games cost us our season for me no one else to blame but ourselves from going for top 4 now to struggling to make the 8.I don’t want to hear injuries, umpiring etc it's on us simple. Fuming bigtime and it's not on George and Aarts only to our so called 3 time premiership players have let us down bigtime old habits have kicked in.