2022 - March to the finals | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 - March to the finals

TigerPaul71

Tiger Cub
May 24, 2013
Where not making the 8.
Our hopes of winning a flag this year went down the drain at the list management meeting last October.
Came into a Season half cooked after a full preseason. So many players under done.
Our best player away dealing with personal issues.
In excusable coming into this season so under done
We will be 8th and play collingwood

Reactions: 1 user

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Our game is still equal to the best the rest have.
We are back with the pack but watch any other game these days and see what we had, but don't have now due to our success.
The AFL is an evener, you cannot stay at the top forever the boys need to get paid.

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
If we had different results

GC -2 (Castagna smother)
Nth -4 (Aarts play on)
Freo - draw (Cumberland play on)

We’d be 4th
And we were missing Ross Lambert lynch Dusty
i reckon the 'Cumberland play on' should be replaced with - 'Balta taking too much time' and 'Balta missing from 20m' ...

Reactions: 6 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
We are now totally reliant upon other teams losing in order to make the eight.
This is a movie I have seen many times over. It’s the one where Richmond is played by Wile E Coyote.

Can sense a round 23 Sunday twilight game coming up where everything is on the line.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
It would be so us where we would win every H&A game from here and still miss the finals by 2 premiership points.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Wrong of me to say this with the little footy I watch outside of the Tiges , however whoever wins the flag this year will be labeled as one of the poorest Premiership sides imho , not sure if it’s just my shithouse attitude to the game now, however it just seems like theres just a bunch of good sides with nothing close to our Dynasty type side.

Not sure what direction we will head re list management at seasons end , however if I put on my Mr Grumpyside hat on , I say we *smile* this season up as a club , starting with our fitness staff ( who have been great for years) however there’s only so much luck involved in soft tissue injuries and honestly we’ve had way to many this year just to say it’s been bad luck. Some of our legends have had a huge say in our loses recently ( all players make mistakes) however uncharacteristic dropped marks from Grimes and missed goals from Jack could have had us pushing for top 4 ( yes they are forgiven ;) couple of credits in the bank) Again along the same lines I don’t think Dimma has had a great season , there is always some responsibility on the coach when it comes to close loses . Don’t think the management of Balta and Gibcus has been great . Im not one who makes claims on how the assistant coaches are going but again something is not quite right, maybe it’s just time needed to gel. In saying all that things could be so different with a little good “luck”.

This definitely won’t happen , however if we do lose a few of our legends ( imho Dusty is going) I’d certainly make the business decision of chatting to Clarko , again won’t happen 1 because Richmond don’t do that 2 Dimma & Clarko great mates .

Don’t get me wrong I’m still happy with Dimma , always will be, however looking at us from the outside if it is time to ad young talent to Bolton, Baker, Gibbo etc a totally fresh new look could be a great way to head forward.

IMHO with all that waffle I’ve just waffled , if we make the 8 and get most of the old stars on the park , we’ll bloody oath we could win the whole thing
This thing that that there is label attached to premiers is a big stretch. Couldn't be bothered spending 10 seconds thinking which of the last 20 premiers were great and deserving or poor and undeserving..needless to say the top 3 deserving this century on a pRE poll would be 17 19 and 20.

The same attitude prevailed after dees won last year. When your own, that is our team, is not in the 8 it is not deserving. Others teams have played better . Let us win 4 in a row and then we can talk about how shut a team other teams are.

Sorry to pick on your post Mr B .. yours just happened to be the nth that triggered me.

14tempany

Tiger Rookie
Apr 12, 2009
in 2014 someone i am pretty sure on PRE ( someone very clever) worked out what had to happen in each round so we could make the finals
Each week we ticked these things off and it ended up with us having to beat swans in the last round which we duly did
Can someone put their mind to this years games and see if there is any way we make it depending on results ( back then percentage was also taken into account and teams had to win or lose by certain amounts. Our draw takes out percentage unless of course we are involved in another draw)

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Can someone put their mind to this years games and see if there is any way we make it depending on results
From the ladder predictor, if you just go with all matches decided by ladder position (to eliminate Tiger bias), we finish 7th (6 pts clear of 9th). The other teams in contention have tough draws and/or knock each other out.

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
From the ladder predictor, if you just go with all matches decided by ladder position (to eliminate Tiger bias), we finish 7th (6 pts clear of 9th). The other teams in contention have tough draws and/or knock each other out.
I wish it was that simple. Port will be very hard to beat at home. Bris will hard to beat, even the bummers and hawks have improved heaps. If we make it we will deserve it.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
This thing that that there is label attached to premiers is a big stretch. Couldn't be bothered spending 10 seconds thinking which of the last 20 premiers were great and deserving or poor and undeserving..needless to say the top 3 deserving this century on a pRE poll would be 17 19 and 20.

The same attitude prevailed after dees won last year. When your own, that is our team, is not in the 8 it is not deserving. Others teams have played better . Let us win 4 in a row and then we can talk about how shut a team other teams are.

Sorry to pick on your post Mr B .. yours just happened to be the nth that triggered me.
Lol not a problem 22, my point is more about their simply been no Super team this year and that in hindsight we should have probaly stolen one . Losing so many close games can show the desire may not still be where it once was, it could be showing we lack composure at its most important , good sides win more then they lose in the close ones.

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Ordered my elimination final tickets.Going to enjoy knocking the Blues out.

Reactions: 1 users

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Lol not a problem 22, my point is more about their simply been no Super team this year and that in hindsight we should have probaly stolen one . Losing so many close games can show the desire may not still be where it once was, it could be showing we lack composure at its most important , good sides win more then they lose in the close ones.

Adelaide were the so called super team in 17 even though we finished half a game behind them. We were the super team in 18 and blew it. ESS were in 99 and 00 for one flag. Presumably super teams finish on top. Top team only wins flag as much as 2nd or third in recent times.
Now I am agreeing that it's the best team in September not the best team from March that becomes premiers. But if you aren't in the best 8 since March is all academic.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Footscray: Cats (GMHBA), Freo (h), GWS (h), Hawks (Tassie).
Richmond: Lions (h), Port (a), Hawks (h), Essendon (a).
St Kilda: Hawks (h), Cats (GMHBA), Lions (h), Swans (h).

Win all 4 and we make it (unless the Dogs win down in Geelong this week). win 3 and it'll probably come down to Dogs v Freo. I can see the saints winning only 1 and i think they’re gone. We really needed Melbourne to beat the dogs on the weekend. I have this sinking feeling we’re gonna finish 9th.