2023 AGM | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 AGM

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
So, I just received the email announcing the AGM.
The business is only a couple of items but includes
  1. Declaration of the results of the election of two Directors of the Club.
Does anyone know if there is any information on how to vote or obtain voting information/access?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Off-field, the Club reported a modest operating surplus for the year ended 31 October 2023, prior to fundraising for the Punt Road redevelopment project.

So the net operating profit was $2,318,109, (but this included substantial fundraising dollars designated for the Punt Road Re-development), so what was modest operating surplus? very low you would think.

Concerning when the Presidents report said this was in part we had less blockbuster games, not sure that is going to be much better next year given the AFL relished the chance to legitimately screw us with the draw after our lowly finish.

Re: The Punt Road Development seems further away now than it ever was :(

**PS: In the below Presidents Report you can click on a link to 'The Concise Annual Report'

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Off-field, the Club reported a modest operating surplus for the year ended 31 October 2023, prior to fundraising for the Punt Road redevelopment project.

So the net operating profit was $2,318,109, (but this included substantial fundraising dollars designated for the Punt Road Re-development), so what was modest operating surplus? very low you would think.

Concerning when the Presidents report said this was in part we had less blockbuster games, not sure that is going to be much better next year given the AFL relished the chance to legitimately screw us with the draw after our lowly finish.

Re: The Punt Road Development seems further away now than it ever was :(

**PS: In the below Presidents Report you can click on a link to 'The Concise Annual Report'

Geez, some eyebrow raisers in those numbers. Aligned Leisure margins are razor thin which seems to beg the question, why bother? Operating costs across the board are rapidly increasing and if it wasn’t for donations we’d have barely broken even?

Please correct me if I’m wrong (and I hope I am) but despite six years of record membership and unprecedented on field success, we appear to be only a couple mediocre seasons away from trouble.

Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Geez, some eyebrow raisers in those numbers. Aligned Leisure margins are razor thin which seems to beg the question, why bother? Operating costs across the board are rapidly increasing and if it wasn’t for donations we’d have barely broken even?

Please correct me if I’m wrong (and I hope I am) but despite six years of record membership and unprecedented on field success, we appear to be only a couple mediocre seasons away from trouble.
I think you might be right :(

We would be fine if we didn't have all our substantial cash reserves earmarked for the Punt Road Redevelopment

Reactions: 1 user

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013

Looks that way at a very quick glance, $1.92M of the $2.32M was interest and Govt grants, so lucky we have a strong balance sheet and higher interest rates. Looks like $700K+ profit came from gaming, so without the grants, interest and gaming we'd be in strife. With our 2024 draw and many Sunday late afternoon slots we could be in for a tough trading year in 2024.