2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions ... Australia Mourns! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 Grand Final - Pies v Lions ... Australia Mourns!

100% agree with this post. Collingwood are the weakest premiers in years. maybe even since the crows back to back of 97-98.

Collingwood winning their 3 finals by a combined 12 points would have to be some type of record?
Probably best judged in hindsight. What if they win the next flag?

I can understand why we recruited like we did for 2023. It looked and has proved to be a premiership entirely up for grabs. Our best was easily good enough but we needed a dream run with injury.

Still, pointless labels won't change the result. Those Pies are all premiership players now.

• Sad
Reactions: 5 users
Probably best judged in hindsight. What if they win the next flag?

I can understand why we recruited like we did for 2023. It looked and has proved to be a premiership entirely up for grabs. Our best was easily good enough but we needed a dream run with injury.

Still, pointless labels won't change the result. Those Pies are all premiership players now.

Fair point. Although Hawthorn won a 3-peat and i still argue they weren't a strong particularly team. They took took advantage at the height of compromised drafts era.

100% agree with this post. Collingwood are the weakest premiers in years. maybe even since the crows back to back of 97-98.

Collingwood winning their 3 finals by a combined 12 points would have to be some type of record?
The pies may well be the weakest premiers in years but they are still premiers , the ba****ds. Sort of indicates how weak the opposition was last season

Collingwood were the superior team against GWS and Brissie, despite the slim margins.

I agree the score lines aren’t entirely convincing, but I reckon they are a Tom Lynch away from winning more flags.

Their defense, coaching and overall connection are best in show right now.

Reactions: 1 users

Careful what you say - I heard this before, about us in 2017 and it motivated us to two more flags.

Would hate the pies to find more motivation to go again.

Reactions: 2 users
They're making hay while the sun shines - Pendlebury and Sidebottom are in the twilight of their careers but to nab another flag while they've still got both players is absolutely making the most of the talent on the list.

Are the Pies stuffed when they retire? They'll be weaker, certainly. But it doesn't much matter now that they've won another flag while in the window - and they are bloody hard to win.

Collingwood were the superior team against GWS and Brissie, despite the slim margins.

I agree the score lines aren’t entirely convincing, but I reckon they are a Tom Lynch away from winning more flags.

Their defense, coaching and overall connection are best in show right now.

Agree on the Brisbane one, the game never once looked like a Brisbane game, where their style dominated, it was always Collingwoods style dominating, but that call at the end was a shocker, but I think that tells us something about Collingwood. Match them at their style of game and you probably beat them, they had the game the way they wanted it for pretty much the full game and came out winning by 4 points.

Don't agree on the Giants game though, I reckon the Giants were the better team in that game, and bar a shockingly umpired final quarter, they probably would have won.

Agree on the Brisbane one, the game never once looked like a Brisbane game, where their style dominated, it was always Collingwoods style dominating, but that call at the end was a shocker, but I think that tells us something about Collingwood. Match them at their style of game and you probably beat them, they had the game the way they wanted it for pretty much the full game and came out winning by 4 points.

Don't agree on the Giants game though, I reckon the Giants were the better team in that game, and bar a shockingly umpired final quarter, they probably would have won.
when the Bears hit the front with about 5 mins to go, I knew the PIes would get more chances to win- and they took the 1st one they got. I certainly didnt feel that way about the Bears when they were behind.

Reactions: 2 users
Things are going from bad to worse for the bears. They’re going to be in a world of pain in the coming years…….just read they’ve delisted the barometer :eek:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user