2023 PRE Phantom Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 PRE Phantom Draft

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
After Draft Done and Done

Brisbane
Goad (34) Pick 20
Zakostelsky (40) Pick 51
Patton (46) N/A
Hastie (48) Pick 33

Hawthorn
Duursma (5) Pick 4
McCabe (17) Pick 19
Hall (51) Pick 38
Delean (55) Pick 60

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Richmond:
33. Harvey Johnston (went 49 to West Coast)
42. Wil Dawson (went 22 to Norf)

Bullfrogs:
7. Riley Sanders (went 6 to Dogs)
15. Jordan Croft (bingo)
47. Phoenix Gothard (went 12 to GWS)

*smile* I'm good.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Hilda from St Kilda

(Will McCabe bid at 17, went 19)
Lance Collard 18, went 28
(Caiden Cleary bid 26, went 24)
(Will graham bid 27, went 26)
Cooper Simpson 28, went 35.
Heath Ollington 41, undrafted!

Reactions: 1 user

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Gold Coast: Walter 1 (2), Read 6 (9), Rogers 13 (14), Graham 27 (26)

West Coast: H.Reid 2 (1), C.Edwards 30 (21), Jiath 39 (37), Charleson 50 (52), Philactides 62 (Undrafted)

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
North Melbourne

3. Colby McKercher (pick 2)
4. Daniel Curtin (pick 8)
20. Mitch Edwards (pick 32)
22. Arie Schoenmaker (pick 62)
23. Riley Hardeman (pick 23)
49. Logan Morris (pick 31)
63. Bodie Ryan (pick 46)

Slightly different strategy to North, I've invested heavily in Curtin as I believe that talls must always get top priority with these premium picks. My ruck choice also different to North but Edwards stands a very good chance to edge out Goad when the dust settles, they may well both go onto have stellar careers, that I would like to see because the past decade has been ordinary for rucks in general, I think with the exception of English and Darcy it's been a generational void, that's why it's always good to strike while the iron is hot.

Logan Morris is also a nice counterweight for the absence of Duursma and gives this haul a potential edge if he becomes a viable 40 goal forward. I think at worst you could play him as a utility type, perhaps in defence, he's demonstrated enough mobility for mine and I like his chances.

Schoenmaker marked hard by the scribes, I see huge potential but one must be patient, contested game a work in progress but he's big enough so I expect some inroads as early as next year. I'm sizing up Wanganeen-Milera's growth rate & I'm reasonably confident a contested game can be developed. He's had some stints in the ruck so he's not afraid to get his hands dirty. Discipline issues slightly concerning but I think he's acquitted himself well when dealing with the media, I also feel he would have grown immensely as a result of the experience.

Collingwood

24. Ashton Moir (29)
36. Joel Freijah (45)
61. Vigo Visentini (rookie 8)

The Magpies have opted for athletes over footballers, could work, they have an excellent record with diamonds in the rough. I've gone in with a strict bar with the kicking skills, De Mattia just a little bit too ragged by foot, I'm not exactly sure where he plays at AFL level but I also concede there's some upside given he's new to the sport. Some guys are quick learners but kicking at full tilt is the hardest skill to master, this will be an interesting watch and could go either way.

Collingwood also opted for Tew Jiath over Freijah, positionally I think this is an oversight, I see Jiath on a back flank & I reckon the premiers are well stocked in that area. Jiath has good agility so perhaps some scope to play forward, overall a fairly composed player with good awareness, I can see the appeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Melbourne:
Pick 8: Connor O'Sullivan- pick 11- The Dees picked Windsor
Pick 14: James Leake- pick 17- The Dees picked Tholstrup
Pick 43: Luke Lloyd- pick 42- The Dees traded for Saints future 3rd.
Pick 67: William Rowlands- pick 18 RD.

Not bad.

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sydney
16 - Ollie Murphy - Picked at 41
26 - Caidean Cleary - Picked at 24
57 - Kane McAuliffe - Picked at 40

Carlton
29 - Archer Reid (Picked at 30)
32 - Archie Roberts (Picked at 54)
58 - Mahmoud Taha (Undrafted)
69 - Kristian Ferronato (Undrafted)

Not bad overall, a couple of sliders in Murphy and Roberts. I didn't expect Ferronato to be drafted in the real thing, but not too bad overall.

Reactions: 1 users