2023 VFL signings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2023 VFL signings

Former Northern Bullant Mutaz El Nour has signed on to our VFL team. A 192cm interceptor back man. Only 20.

Reactions: 1 users
Former Northern Bullant Mutaz El Nour has signed on to our VFL team. A 192cm interceptor back man. Only 20.

Nice. He was expected to be drafted in the MSD but wasn't picked up. Hopefully we can get a good look at him. A long term replacement for Broad is needed so a good option to take a look at through the VFL program.

Reactions: 6 users
Nice. He was expected to be drafted in the MSD but wasn't picked up. Hopefully we can get a good look at him. A long term replacement for Broad is needed so a good option to take a look at through the VFL program.

If the Bummers don't beat us to him. :oops:

Mutaz El Nour looks good, I reckon now we've got him in a professional environment we could well have ourselves something good.
Lambert was a Northern Bullant!! :D

I put his stats up first after seeing them because I was really intrigued about the Footscray - Game 7 - this year, that's some impressive game for a tall backman? o_O

21 kicks, 7 handballs, 28 disposals, 11 marks, 3 tackles - 114 Fantasy points. Followed up the next week with -
17 kicks, 1 handball, 18 disposals, 9 marks, 1 tackle and 84 Fantasy points.

Some good games in there - 20+ disposals three times and 11, 9, 8, 7 marks in there too.
He ended up averaging around 11.5 kicks, 3.5 handballs, 15 disposals, 5.5 marks, 2.5 tackles. Not too bad :unsure:
Biggy in the same comp averaged 9 kicks, 4 handballs, 13 disposals, 5.6 marks, 1.8 tackles, 2 hit outs.

1666863289307.jpeg

He was mentioned along with Bauer for the mid-season draft, so interesting to see we have nabbed two that were mentioned for a good chance to recruit.

1666863102172.jpeg

Someone's got big wraps on Mutaz!!

1666863026906.jpeg

1666863011280.jpeg

Getting entirely cool on Essendon .. again.
Surely taking someone to join your vfl team can be equated with taking on a player via your Academy, which would give us the opportunity of matching a rival clubs bid.

Reactions: 1 user
Will Martyn has joined Port Melbourne

Reactions: 2 users

3 signings: Harrison White, James Trezise & Billy Cooper

Harrison White, small forward/midfielder from Werribee Districts, provides plenty of run. Formerly with Western Jets playing with Massimo D'Ambrosio.
James Trezise, spring-heeled high half forward from Tooradin-Dalmore. Played with Piva Wright.
Billy Cooper, Richmond KGI and Tatura, Goulburn Valley League MVP 2022:

Star utility Billy Cooper claimed the league’s MVP award after an incredibly consistent campaign.
One of the competition’s most prolific ball-winners, Cooper averaged a whopping 30.8 disposals, 23.4 uncontested possessions, 9.4 handball receives, 7.6 rebound 50s and 6.9 marks, while delivering the ball at a respectable 67 per cent by foot.

Last edited: