2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Nup. Won't happen. Who in their right mind values a 27-year-old flanker over a rising 21-year-old KPF.

Either you're wrong, or our old sparring partner @Scoop isn't in his right mind.

Ridiculed and laughed at my mate Leysy for suggesting trading in Treacy for Baker was a prudent List MgMnt decision.

Only kicked 4 today, most marks inside 50 and second most Champion Data rating points in the match... At 21.

As little chance of it is of happening, we should be throwing everything we can at him.

Most seem to disagree on here. But Baker included if he leaves.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Either you're wrong, or our old sparring partner @Scoop isn't in his right mind.

Ridiculed and laughed at my mate Leysy for suggesting trading in Treacy for Baker was a prudent List MgMnt decision.

Only kicked 4 today, most marks inside 50 and second most Champion Data rating points in the match... At 21.

As little chance of it is of happening, we should be throwing everything we can at him.

Fancy talking about today, Miller took his lunch money before he junked it up.

Swap him and Lefau today and they do the same thing.

Fancy talking about today, Miller took his lunch money before he junked it up.

Swap him and Lefau today and they do the same thing.

So still dismissing attempting to get Treacy in a swap for Baker? Interesting.

PS - He's only 12 months older than Tom Brown (and 6 months on Sonsie) and has the 8th most contested marks in the league.

We should kill for that rather than take pot (on massive long) shots on KPF's in the mid-season draft that many wanted last year.

Reckon you have your eyes closed (or not willing to open them) on this guy.

Reactions: 5 users

He didn't trouble the scorer for the first three quarters and wasn’t really dangerous. Only looked good in the last quarter when our defence collapsed and the floodgates opened.

Heh heh heh…no friends in the aged care facility. Mates with himself. Hah hah hah….

Shouldn’t laugh at dementia, I know.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Reactions: 1 users
Good. Hopefully Norf pick him and leave O’Sullivan to us.

I like him. But not as much as O’Sullivan.

No. More like Shedda would dart in and out.
He might have Shedda footwork but he racks up touches. Ture mid.

The way we are going O'Sullivan is in the frame. I reckon if Trainor has a big champs, he is in the frame for them.

They need key backs and forwards. Trainor has played forward his entire career before this year.

Goal-kicking mids are still the rarest type, only 5 average 20 touches and a goal. Bont, Issac Heeney, Chad Warner, Josh Kelly and Horne Francis.

Can Jagga or Finn be in that type of company? In this draft they are the best chances.

Reactions: 2 users
He might have Shedda footwork but he racks up touches. Ture mid.

The way we are going O'Sullivan is in the frame. I reckon if Trainor has a big champs, he is in the frame for them.

They need key backs and forwards. Trainor has played forward his entire career before this year.

Goal-kicking mids are still the rarest type, only 5 average 20 touches and a goal. Bont, Issac Heeney, Chad Warner, Josh Kelly and Horne Francis.

Can Jagga or Finn be in that type of company? In this draft they are the best chances.
Lalor, Johnson and Hotton all hit the scoreboard.

But FOS is my Vontae Mack.

Sam Lalors the man we need :) wins clearances and if he's not winning them makes a contest ,strong overhead ,good kick,can be damaging up forward ,get him into a AFL environment get his body and fitness right ,he will be a weapon .

I still think we need a Ruck to develop ,maybe Penfry ,and Trainor or Faull as possible Key forwards .
Plenty of decent player's will be around for second and third round picks

We aren't going to solve all list needs this year,but we should be able to fix some for the future.

Reactions: 2 users
Stop posting who we should pick with our 1sr pick.
Twomey reckons Smiley we be in yellow and black.
North won't draft another midfielder

Johnson DOB 24/11/06. Eleven months younger than Jagga. Why do you hate him?

I thought you'd hate him. Lot of one two's, kick outs, ten meters off back of the pack, kicking so-so, doesn't win own footy.

Corey Ellis and Patrick Naish vibes. I don't fall for Corey but I did for Naish. Never again.

Last edited:
Anyone know what our draft pick hand would be like at the moment?

We are currently 17th
With all of Norfs priority picks, various father sons & academy picks, our first will be around pick 78.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users