2024 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Draft Thread

Yep. Is there any other Noah’s Arc out there?
He’s interesting. I think he may be a bit “project” though.

Yes, I agree he is very athletic for that size. Yes he has repeat efforts. Yes he has a big leap. Yes he is flexible - ruck and KPD. But I am not so sure about the execution and decision making. The Gippsland game was the best and not so good of Mraz I thought. Turned it over, bit ungainly at times and some decisions weren’t great either. That’s why I say he may be a bit project. Bit of rawness. Will take some time, I think.

But yes, he’s interesting. I think it’s more important than ever to be athletic nowadays.

He has a navicular so I’m not sure we’ll see him in the Championships.

Collingwood love him.

He’s interesting. I think he may be a bit “project” though.

Yes, I agree he is very athletic for that size. Yes he has repeat efforts. Yes he has a big leap. Yes he is flexible - ruck and KPD. But I am not so sure about the execution and decision making. The Gippsland game was the best and not so good of Mraz I thought. Turned it over, bit ungainly at times and some decisions weren’t great either. That’s why I say he may be a bit project. Bit of rawness. Will take some time, I think.

But yes, he’s interesting. I think it’s more important than ever to be athletic nowadays.

He has a navicular so I’m not sure we’ll see him in the Championships.

Collingwood love him.
I saw the Gippy game live, agree with all that. Reminds of Trent Croad the athlete and Noah Balta rawness.

I like him a lot. Along with Sims at Knights. Big raw athletic key position players.

Reads like there's plenty of potential mids and talls showing for this years draft. Now all we gotta do is get as many first rounders as possible and then pick the right kids. Shouldn't be too hard with all the official experts we have on board at the club.

Reactions: 2 users
Reactions: 1 users
Anybody know anything about the Whitlock twins from Shepp?
Yeah a little ,jack is a little taller at 199cm ,he has been the main forward for Murray,while Matt is 197 cm and has been playing down back more this year.
Both very agile and quite athletic ,l rate Jack the better he makes better decisions ,Matt in the game l seen played really well down back,but made a few really dumb decisions .
Matt to me is a lot rawer ,and lacks composure but he can play .
I think Jack will be a first rounder ,if Matt has a food champs he wont be far away .

Reactions: 2 users
Both pretty raw to me. Neither a great mark or leap (although otherwise athletically good). Would want to see improvement.

Reactions: 1 user
Both pretty raw to me. Neither a great mark or leap (although otherwise athletically good). Would want to see improvement.
They aren't that bad overhead ,and both are tracking well,but like l said l think Jack us better at this stage ,they do need to build up a bit which would help in one on ones .

Yeah a little ,jack is a little taller at 199cm ,he has been the main forward for Murray,while Matt is 197 cm and has been playing down back more this year.
Both very agile and quite athletic ,l rate Jack the better he makes better decisions ,Matt in the game l seen played really well down back,but made a few really dumb decisions .
Matt to me is a lot rawer ,and lacks composure but he can play .
I think Jack will be a first rounder ,if Matt has a food champs he wont be far away .
Are they agressive? Poor kids will get tagged with being poor mans King brother.

I haven't sighted them yet, would you have Jack ahead of Sims?

Are they agressive? Poor kids will get tagged with being poor mans King brother.

I haven't sighted them yet, would you have Jack ahead of Sims?
Jack is more aggressive ,to be honest l hope we don't take them ,not to say they won't be decent AFL player's ,but l think we can do better.

Still think Jonty Faull is the one ,and is aggressive,pity about his back injury .

Would take Jagga ahead of Allen, easily. Jagga reminds me of Josh Daicos in his movement and body shape. And even his movement with the ball.

I'm a huge fan.

Im a big jagga fan,

But i want a hell of a lot more than Josh Daicos at pick 2

Im a big jagga fan,

But i want a hell of a lot more than Josh Daicos at pick 2

I reckon he ends up 7-10. Its why I'm a big fan of trading into that 6-10 area in the draft as I think its prime positioning to get 1 of Jagga, Lalor or Hotton.

I reckon we could do with a small forward. A couple of likely candidates:

He needs a haircut unless he wants to come play for Byron and get the nickname 'Sacred Ceremonial'.

This next kid I took an instant dislike to but warmed to him before the clip was halfway done:

And an impressive performance from Xavier Lindsay , a quick left-footed inside mid:

Looks a good year to have a raft of picks, although so was last year the way it's going.

Good to see some talls emerging. Plenty of mids: O'Sullivan, Guy Smillie, Bo 'Peep' Allan, Lalor, Lombard, Smith, Ashcroft, Hotton, Moraes, Draper, Johnson, Gross, Lindsay, Langford, Hynes...

,but l think we can do better.

Still think Jonty Faull is the one ,and is aggressive,pity about his back injury .
FMD there's an issue that could come back to be a monstrous haunt, kid with a back injury before he even gets started. Footy players get hammered physically year after year and lots of dangly appendages can be patched up n fixed over the years. Dodgy back would be the most difficult n risky thing you'd want to be punting on.