2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Thank 4 all the reports, Knifey!

How did Balta look?
What 3rd game back this week, has looked injured past two weeks.
Moving any better today?
Cheers.

Balta was moving better, slipped at one stage and went to physio for a quick chat but straight back out there.

Last drill of the day had Kaleb and Tresize in isolation down back, one most likely in especially if Vlaustin is a non starter.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Just to add to @caesar 's notes. There was a noticeable change in drills today. 3 or 4 drills that I hadn't seen before. New names on the scoreboard and new structures. All the new drills were focussed on defense, defensive setup, tackling and how to corral the opposition into a bottleneck and then a dump kick. Noticeable to see the senior players (Tom Lynch, Timmeh) coach various players into where to go and how to position. It's interesting to see the players who can see the next option instinctively and those that need an extra second or so and how options get closed down.

And on the injured front Josh and Juddy walked a couple of laps. The Tap and Jack Ross (no moon boot) walked 3 laps (specifically called out by one of the S&C staff) and then went inside. The Tap came back out after 45 mins or so and stated he had completed his cross fit session. He's bulked up a little in the upper body so is definitely doing some stuff.

Ooh and Rhyan has a pretty badly split lip (1 or 2 stitches) and Toby's taking him out for a steak dinner as an apology. :D

Reactions: 23 users
Just to add to @caesar 's notes. There was a noticeable change in drills today. 3 or 4 drills that I hadn't seen before. New names on the scoreboard and new structures. All the new drills were focussed on defense, defensive setup, tackling and how to corral the opposition into a bottleneck and then a dump kick. Noticeable to see the senior players (Tom Lynch, Timmeh) coach various players into where to go and how to position. It's interesting to see the players who can see the next option instinctively and those that need an extra second or so and how options get closed down.

And on the injured front Josh and Juddy walked a couple of laps. The Tap and Jack Ross (no moon boot) walked 3 laps (specifically called out by one of the S&C staff) and then went inside. The Tap came back out after 45 mins or so and stated he had completed his cross fit session. He's bulked up a little in the upper body so is definitely doing some stuff.

Ooh and Rhyan has a pretty badly split lip (1 or 2 stitches) and Toby's taking him out for a steak dinner as an apology. :D
Who is the Tap?

Reactions: 1 user

Spill the beans on which players HK......

Last edited:
Thanks Caesar,
Who looked the better of the two?
My preference would be Kaleb and would also have him in before a Banks recall. Tresize maybe a bit more like for like for Tigga should he be out but i like Kaleb's dash.
Also Tresize is underdone.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
My preference would be Kaleb and would also have him in before a Banks recall. Tresize maybe a bit more like for Tigga if he is out but i like Kaleb's dash.
Also Tresize is underdone.
I take it Kaleb has increased his training loads since you mentioned he was training weekly (if my memory serves me correctly)

I take it Kaleb has increased his training loads since you mentioned he was training weekly (if my memory serves me correctly)
You are correct and Kaleb training pretty much in sync with others now

Last edited:
Sill the beans on which players HK......
I'll highlight players that get it and instinctively hit a/the right pass. Dan Rioli, Dion, Tom B are 3 that stood out in seeing the diagonal lead and hitting the pass pretty much instantaneously. Both Jacob's were good as well. Most others had to look up and scan. Note: Some players were only ahead of the ball (Shai, Dusty) so you didn't get to see them try the "relieving" passes.

Main Training Final Fitness analysis:

Bake's Tresize Seth
Bauer Lefau Banks all trained fully.
As mentioned Tigga
left early and there
was no Coulthard.
Lynch did 70% of
main training
Hopper didn't do
much?
No Grimes also
Did Coulthard look a bit injured?? Omitted from Dreamtime.

Question for Knifey or Hk Tiger.

Have they brought the boundary lines in to mimic Sleep Hollow?
Let's be honest. Could get real ugly.
Could get even uglier if every second kick goes out on the full.

Despicable by City Hall to fixture us there.
Their hatred of us destroying their blue print of a different Premier every Year is limitless.

Hopefully not 1 supporter outside of a skeleton sized cheer squad shows up.

Reactions: 1 user