2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Been sitting back watching @Spud_Delist go toe2toe with all comers.... quite the orator!
He's bringing the God complex of being the smartest bloke in the room and so it's got me wondering..... could this be.... not the second coming of @TheBigAgitator, but quite possibly the 3rd glorious arrival after his idiot "son" @BustinTime graced us with his unbiased offerings?
I could be wrong..... but I'm just using my eyes and this is what I'm seeing!
Ahh yes.Very funny mate.Your hilarious.

Here is why Stats are a better guide than using just you're eyes. Statistically speaking - disp eff% & their rank at Richmond.
Ross 5th 78.3, Graham 6th 77.9, Bolton 22nd 67.9, Dusty 25th 65.9.
Kicking eff% Ross 4th 75.7, Graham 13th 63.9, Bolton 20th 58.4, Dusty 27th 50.4.

You can answer you're own question there but "jeepers creepers, where did you get those eyes"
See above post. At least u could still be a decent Umpire, their eyes are worse than yours.
Question.Who would you prefer to have the football in hand?

Reactions: 1 user
Any training report’s today guys ?
No i left after 15 minutes, I just wanted to check in on Coulthard's health and was relieved to see him walking about despite him just doing handballs with a few others.
It was a meet and greet rather than a training session

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Question.Who would you prefer to have the football in hand?
In front of goal? Maybe not Shai :)) . Dusty n Shai would be first option for game opening creative kicking, Fridge for general honoring a lead.
There's no perfect solution as to who is the best with ball in hand. Sometimes you need players that can constantly produce the safe kick or handball to a team mate when options are limited or there's a heap of pressure on n sometimes you need a player who can create a fantasy kick while seemingly going the wrong way, just to make the opposition look stupid of course.

Reactions: 2 users
No i left after 15 minutes, I just wanted to check in on Coulthard's health and was relieved to see him walking about despite him just doing handballs with a few others.
It was a meet and greet rather than a training session
Nothing chaged after u left then. it all points to thurs being a huge end to the pre xmas session for the lads. Given the lads from BF are doing a Tigercast thurs night, would it be possible to do a pre season wrap thus far for them to discuss as well as the usual report? U are getting some great credit on BF for the reports you are doing on here. To this point (post thurs session), keen to know who the standouts etc are thus far.

Nothing chaged after u left then. it all points to thurs being a huge end to the pre xmas session for the lads. Given the lads from BF are doing a Tigercast thurs night, would it be possible to do a pre season wrap thus far for them to discuss as well as the usual report? U are getting some great credit on BF for the reports you are doing on here. To this point (post thurs session), keen to know who the standouts etc are thus far.

I am getting conflicting info on when last training might be so might have to do a bit of stalking of PRO to hopefully catch it, we'll see.

Reactions: 2 users
I am getting conflicting info on when last training might be so might have to do a bit of stalking of PRO to hopefully catch it, we'll see.
Short in his interview on the club website said Thursday will be the biggest session thus far. Doesn’t help with what time it’s on for you though, sorry

Short in his interview on the club website said Thursday will be the biggest session thus far. Doesn’t help with what time it’s on for you though, sorry

Shorty's quote on training correlates with what i was told on Monday so that is what i will go with.

Cheers

Reactions: 1 users
Very light muck about family session today.
I was shocked how much size Lynch has dropped… guessing to reduce load through the foot.
The pick up and snap at the goals within the goals had a few of the more competitive players up and about…. No real surprises that the back men were very ordinary in that one
Boys stayed out and signed/photoed way after official close…. Shout out to Marlion who went to the far side and was still only 1/2 way round and still happily mixing well after 6:20

Reactions: 11 users
In front of goal? Maybe not Shai :)) . Dusty n Shai would be first option for game opening creative kicking, Fridge for general honoring a lead.
There's no perfect solution as to who is the best with ball in hand. Sometimes you need players that can constantly produce the safe kick or handball to a team mate when options are limited or there's a heap of pressure on n sometimes you need a player who can create a fantasy kick while seemingly going the wrong way, just to make the opposition look stupid of course.

Fridge has kicked 49 goals 24 behinds in his career too and I have long said that he one our best deliverers to the forwards, very happy to have the ball in Fridge's hands.
Graham was hampered by turf toe for most of 2022 and severely interrupted pre-season at start of 2023.
He appears ripped, lighter and running well in the 4 weeks to Christmas, will be back to his best in 2024.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 22 users
Chris Newman will be on SEN after 10am today so might be worth a listen.

Reactions: 6 users
Pretty well , while melb quickly adopted the advantage of stand rule and used their kickers, we complained about it , teams also loaded up behind the ball to negate our chaos brand , never know how that took so long tbh . And yep our assets began to tire so the mix was never quite right in producing a winning score
Actually, teams started loading up behind the ball in 2020.
I think our demolition of GWS in the GF had teams basically clueless. Clueless teams then flood back as a last resort. Round 2 v Collingwood was almost a nil all draw, i think 5.6.36 a piece. Nathan Buckley bacame so clueless, that flooding became his stock game plan. Then there was the famous or infamous press conference after the Sydney game when Hardwick was getting frustrated with the flooding tactics. In the end, we started using the ball a bit better on our entry, also got players back from injury, and the flloding result was that the ball lived in our forward line the whole game.

And that was precisely the beauty of our game style. If you flooded against us, then our forward pressure meant that conceding the entry by flooding had the ball live almost the whole game in our forward half. We basically killed the flood off.

Then Steve Hocking comes along with he most putrid rule in football, the rule you create when like flooding teams, you are clueless as to how to stop the tigers. Now because it's so much easier to exit a teams forward line, the flood can pay off. Just look at ther way Collingwood get back now!

Having said that, Kent Kingsley has GWS playing a brand of foot ball which is as close to our own that i have seen since 2020, in fact far closer than our own version of it. In fact, IMO, far from us sticking to the same game plan too long, we have strayed from our own DNA which was to out number to get the ball forward by whatever means, and then hold the thing in the forward line with extreme pressure.

Of recent years, we certainly have not out numbered at the contest, either because we were placing players differently in an effort to stop being scored against or we just lost too many players with running power.

Watchnig GWS in the last half of last year was literally like watching the Tigers in our heyday.

For 3 years, we've had a real scarcity of decent small forwards, while in the premiership years they were in excess.

• Love
Reactions: 24 users