2024 VFL Signings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 VFL Signings

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
A frangalas returns to the Tigers.

I looked up Gary Frangalas who played 15-20 games with us and he has a son Sam.

I assume this young fella is Gary’s son?
Sam Frangalas played in the u17 futures game in 2022. Was touted as a 23 first round pick.

I haven’t done the research on what happened but I think he is a great signing for VFL footy.

Reactions: 1 user

eastlavy

Tiger Cub
Nov 29, 2008

4 additions:
Pala Kuma (Bendigo Pioneers/Robinvale-Euston) - Richmond NGA. Trained with VFL last season.
Defender
183cm, 85kg
The athletic half-back provides great run and carry out of defensive 50 with great speed and composure. Kuma has a nice balance in his defensive skill set and understands the right moments to use them. Kuma has showcased he’s able to hold his shape well and benefits from it, bringing the ball to ground and impacting around the contest.

His area of improvement is developing some more composure in his defensive 50 exits. There can often be some panic in his game that outweighs the positive impact, however, the positives have a heap of upside.

Sam Davidson (Maffra/South Mildura) - Transferred to Maffra mid-season, kicking 15 goals in 10 games.

Tom McCarthy (Highett) - B&F at Old Mentonians 2022, runner up B&F at Highett 2023.

Jed Feneley (Old Xaverians) - Best first year player at Old Xavs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
be nice if they released the *smile* draw

Used to be released end of October up till Covid hit, what is the *smile* excuse now ?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Used to be released end of October up till Covid hit, what is the *smile* excuse now ?
Geez...we must be dumb to this AholeFL. Who else does our VFL team play first and where!!!!

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

Probably trying to work out how to squeeze another bye into a 21 team/23 round season

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
VFL starting season with Round 1, it will never catch on.
Has it actually been confirmed that will be our first game?
As far as I can see it only says round 1. we could have the Opening round before then. And the initial round, and maybe an introductory round. a Primary Round?

• Haha

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
As far as I can see it only says round 1. we could have the Opening round before then. And the initial round, and maybe an introductory round. a Primary Round?
I think the 'Opening Round' is week 4, followed by the 'Initial Round', week 6, Rounds 1 & 2 will be played on non consecutive weeks mid season, and will be partial bye rounds.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne

We actually have the 0 1st round then the 1st 1st round followed by the 2nd & 3rd 1st rounds followed by the 23rd 1st round which is followed by the 6th round.

Then the finals which are a bye round.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I think the 'Opening Round' is week 4, followed by the 'Initial Round', week 6, Rounds 1 & 2 will be played on non consecutive weeks mid season, and will be partial bye rounds.
We actually have the 0 1st round then the 1st 1st round followed by the 2nd & 3rd 1st rounds followed by the 23rd 1st round which is followed by the 6th round.

Then the finals which are a bye round.
I honestly dont know which one of you is telling the truth. Both options seem quite plausible.

• Haha

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland

only one interstate trip (round 1 v Suns)
3 byes again
7 Home games at Swinburne Centre (does that mean no start to redevelopment yet?)
Dreamtime At The G double header

VFL v SANFL game during Gather Round

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
only one interstate trip (round 1 v Suns)
3 byes again
7 Home games at Swinburne Centre (does that mean no start to redevelopment yet?)
Dreamtime At The G double header

VFL v SANFL game during Gather Round

So last season our VFLW girls are banished to Ikon Park for their Home games:vomit, supposed reason being, 'in case redevelopment starts'.

This year our VFL side have their Home games slated for PRO, (reason being, redevelopment ain't happening??? :( :mad: )

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
“It didn’t take Cheltenham long to realise it had found a serious prospect in Sean Lai.
A handful of drills into pre-season had the coaching staff asking: ‘Can he produce it in a game and at senior level?’

And, according to new coach Justin Pickering, the Rosellas had their answer by Round 2.

The attributes that impressed Cheltenham at training were apparent in matches and now have the left-footer with a chance to land on Richmond’s VFL list at the end of November.

“We saw him come down to pre-season and you could see straight away that he had skills that were pretty special,” Pickering, who played 59 matches for Richmond, said.

“We played him against Cranbourne in round 1 and he just stood up, not only with his kicking – that’s clear for everyone – but he was quite happy to stand under the ball and cop what was coming.

“After those first two games against top-quality opposition, we knew we had a special kid.

“School footy was a priority, as it should be, but we knew we had a really good talent and we were absolutely astounded he wasn’t in the system.

“We knew pretty early that he was an elite kick but he has other attributes too.”
Did this guy even train with the squad , no sign of him,

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
So last season our VFLW girls are banished to Ikon Park for their Home games:vomit, supposed reason being, 'in case redevelopment starts'.

This year our VFL side have their Home games slated for PRO, (reason being, redevelopment ain't happening??? :( :mad: )
AFLW , we don’t have a vflw side