3121 Ballot for Rd 7 & 8 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3121 Ballot for Rd 7 & 8

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
As per the thread title, 3121 ballot is open now for Rd 7 & 8, you should have received email this morning.

If you didn't receive email PM me your email address & I will forward to you

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Why a ballot? With capacity now higher, Roaming Tiger members are back to just booking a free seat in our normal bays for home games.

Last time we played Geelong at the MCG in a H&A game (2019 - Richmond home game) we got 65,000. 2018 for a home game against Footscray at the MCG, crowd was 57,000. In other words, both under the current 75k limit.

DS

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
It’s so the AFL and their conflicted interest partner Ticketek, (what an amateurish cottage show that mob are), can make more money off members that don’t have a paid seat. For reserved seat members, its just to *smile* us off more than they already do with every other aspect of the game.

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Why a ballot? With capacity now higher, Roaming Tiger members are back to just booking a free seat in our normal bays for home games.

Last time we played Geelong at the MCG in a H&A game (2019 - Richmond home game) we got 65,000. 2018 for a home game against Footscray at the MCG, crowd was 57,000. In other words, both under the current 75k limit.

DS
no idea & I will be pissed if we dont end up in 3121 bays as has happened to others

Mr T.

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 11, 2007
Melbourne
no idea & I will be pissed if we dont end up in 3121 bays as has happened to others
We are in the Premiership Circle membership and were moved over to the City End, I'm happy to attend even though I don't get my usual seats.

taztiger4

Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
We are in the Premiership Circle membership and were moved over to the City End, I'm happy to attend even though I don't get my usual seats.
Yep, I am also grateful & happy to attend.

In saying that, game v Sydney, 3121 mates had to sit elsewhere whilst Sydney supporters were in 3121

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

I can confirm this is true. They have even brought back a variation of the guest pass rule where GA members can sit with us as long as they pay for the reserve seat upgrade.

It’s very strange there are different ticketing systems for different levels of memberships now that we are at 75% and likely to go to 100%.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Both the ticketing companies are completely useless.

It worked better before all the online booking.

Ticketing is something a decent IT system can do very well, but there are so many rubbish systems around it is hardly a surprise that the Ticketek and Ticketmaster are rubbish. FFS someone build a decent ticket allocation system. There must be a way, wonder what they do overseas.

DS

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Both the ticketing companies are completely useless.

It worked better before all the online booking.

Ticketing is something a decent IT system can do very well, but there are so many rubbish systems around it is hardly a surprise that the Ticketek and Ticketmaster are rubbish. FFS someone build a decent ticket allocation system. There must be a way, wonder what they do overseas.

DS
As I mentioned in the Rd 5 Ticketing thread, the reason is because of the monopoly awarded by the stadiums. Or is that called a duopoly? The two companies don't compete with each other as far as I know.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Hmmmm I'd been sick so I'd missed the deadline but rang up and asked if I could still be put in the ballot last Monday and was told yes, but seems I haven't been given tickets. I'll call the membership department and find out

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
What a disgrace this ticketek system is?

the general reserve tickets at the top level are not available - they only give you the option to upgrade your ticket at a cost

get *smile* MCG and ticketek

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Anyone else able to get a GA membership ticket today at no extra cost?

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
What a disgrace this ticketek system is?

the general reserve tickets at the top level are not available - they only give you the option to upgrade your ticket at a cost

get *smile* MCG and ticketek
the are general reserved seats available in the bottom of the ponsford

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I'm currently trying to get my ticket in the Roaming Tiger section.

Tried when they opened at 1pm, best I could get was row AA.

Tried again at about 1.30, started to see rows Y and X.

Tried at 2pm and we're starting to see row O and P.

Still trying now at just before 3pm and have seen row N but I am thinking I can do better.

Why is it first in worst dressed, what insanely stupid allocation system do they have? Worst available? It certainly seems that way. I'm sure they get thousands of complaints about this, why don't they fix it?

DS

Platinum member

Tiger Matchwinner
Nov 30, 2015
Reservoir
I'm currently trying to get my ticket in the Roaming Tiger section.

Tried when they opened at 1pm, best I could get was row AA.

Tried again at about 1.30, started to see rows Y and X.

Tried at 2pm and we're starting to see row O and P.

Still trying now at just before 3pm and have seen row N but I am thinking I can do better.

Why is it first in worst dressed, what insanely stupid allocation system do they have? Worst available? It certainly seems that way. I'm sure they get thousands of complaints about this, why don't they fix it?

DS
They sell from the back down on the bottom level as undercover seats are rated as better than out in the open in the system.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
the are general reserved seats available in the bottom of the ponsford
So all Lvl 4 GA seats are sold out? no chance. you have to upgrade to get a seat elsewhere? money grab.

so we have 75% capacity (or 85% dunno) the other night for social distancing reasons yet entire bays were empty and others completely full. where is the logic?

so many taking advantage of covid to earn some extra bucks.

Reactions: 1 user