3121 Ballot for Rd 7 & 8 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

3121 Ballot for Rd 7 & 8

So all Lvl 4 GA seats are sold out? no chance. you have to upgrade to get a seat elsewhere? money grab.

so we have 75% capacity (or 85% dunno) the other night for social distancing reasons yet entire bays were empty and others completely full. where is the logic?

so many taking advantage of covid to earn some extra bucks.
dunno mate , all im saying is on the seat map i can see there are GR seats bottom level of ponsford and Q1 on level 4 GSS

They sell from the back down on the bottom level as undercover seats are rated as better than out in the open in the system.

Gee, could they maybe give me a choice?

What a stupid way of selling tickets (I have noticed that the longer I wait the closer the seats get so I certainly don't doubt what you say). Who decided that seats near the back are better, and why haven't they been sacked?

DS

Reactions: 1 user
Gee, could they maybe give me a choice?

What a stupid way of selling tickets (I have noticed that the longer I wait the closer the seats get so I certainly don't doubt what you say). Who decided that seats near the back are better, and why haven't they been sacked?

DS
Most people don’t like getting wet I guess.. and like the more elevated view.
In finals tickets undercover on level 1 are more expensive than closer to the fence.

Would have thought releasing all the bays and scattering the allocations would have been the best method. even more so in a covid pandemic. instead of filling the bays to the rafters then releasing the next one.

Most people don’t like getting wet I guess.. and like the more elevated view.
In finals tickets undercover on level 1 are more expensive than closer to the fence.

Is there evidence that most people prefer to sit further away from the action? Or do Ticketek just make this up?

Even if this is the case they could allow me to choose where I want to sit by having a seat map, I'd even accept being asked to give a preference. As it is I reckon I rejected close to 50 tickets over a few hours waiting for them to release tickets I would prefer. This means a lot more faffing about which means more traffic on their steam driven servers. I just don't get it, I would have been in and out of their site in 5 minutes if I had a choice - it would help them and me.

DS

Is there evidence that most people prefer to sit further away from the action? Or do Ticketek just make this up?

Even if this is the case they could allow me to choose where I want to sit by having a seat map, I'd even accept being asked to give a preference. As it is I reckon I rejected close to 50 tickets over a few hours waiting for them to release tickets I would prefer. This means a lot more faffing about which means more traffic on their steam driven servers. I just don't get it, I would have been in and out of their site in 5 minutes if I had a choice - it would help them and me.

DS
A business that operates a monopoly has little or no interest in the concerns of its customers. In the case of these two monopolies they only need to provide the minimum service to customers who have already paid their money (eg reserved seat holders). For general admission customers they are given some incentive to part with their money by offering them a limited choice of seating once they have sucessfully allocated the areas they have decided upon for the reserved seat holders. The same thing happens when you book for the cricket - if you have, say, a Cricket Australia priority allocation you won't have as much choice as the general public.

A business that operates a monopoly has little or no interest in the concerns of its customers. In the case of these two monopolies they only need to provide the minimum service to customers who have already paid their money (eg reserved seat holders). For general admission customers they are given some incentive to part with their money by offering them a limited choice of seating once they have sucessfully allocated the areas they have decided upon for the reserved seat holders. The same thing happens when you book for the cricket - if you have, say, a Cricket Australia priority allocation you won't have as much choice as the general public.

Too true.

Just tried again as I have an extra barcode with my daughter not able to make it this week. Still can't get closer than Row L. Are all the seats in front of me full? Really? Bollocks.

DS

Anyone else able to get a GA membership ticket today at no extra cost?

I got one but it took me a few tries to find the right option. But I didn't care where I sat. Nothing stopping you from going and sitting where you want once you are in the ground - I just head straight down to level 1 regardless of where my ticket is - of course if you want to go PRE then that is a different matter...

yeah just checked, I'm in the Ponsford Stand.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I'm currently trying to get my ticket in the Roaming Tiger section.

Tried when they opened at 1pm, best I could get was row AA.

Tried again at about 1.30, started to see rows Y and X.

Tried at 2pm and we're starting to see row O and P.

Still trying now at just before 3pm and have seen row N but I am thinking I can do better.

Why is it first in worst dressed, what insanely stupid allocation system do they have? Worst available? It certainly seems that way. I'm sure they get thousands of complaints about this, why don't they fix it?

DS

I'm in Row Z. more than happy with that. Row Y is the undercover line and I prefer to be behind it. I also think being 25-30 rows back gives you a better overall view of the ground.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm in Row Z. more than happy with that. Row Y is the undercover line and I prefer to be behind it. I also think being 25-30 rows back gives you a better overall view of the ground.

That is fine, we all have preferences.

If they sell the back first you need to get in early, if they sell the front first I have to get in early, although I couldn't get closer than Row M anyway.

Of course, if they gave us all a choice we could saunter in and not all overload their shitty website at once and choose seats that suit - but that would be expecting Ticketek to give a stuff about their paying customers wouldn't it? Not going to happen.

Trying again just now, and bearing in mind I have had a go every few hours since tickets went on sale on Tuesday, I can't get any closer than Row L. Why is that? Did all the tickets near the front sell out before I logged on at 1 second past the time they went on sale? Are they not released yet? Or are Ticketek just grossly incompetent?

DS

That is fine, we all have preferences.

If they sell the back first you need to get in early, if they sell the front first I have to get in early, although I couldn't get closer than Row M anyway.

Of course, if they gave us all a choice we could saunter in and not all overload their shitty website at once and choose seats that suit - but that would be expecting Ticketek to give a stuff about their paying customers wouldn't it? Not going to happen.

Trying again just now, and bearing in mind I have had a go every few hours since tickets went on sale on Tuesday, I can't get any closer than Row L. Why is that? Did all the tickets near the front sell out before I logged on at 1 second past the time they went on sale? Are they not released yet? Or are Ticketek just grossly incompetent?

DS

I've noticed at AAMI Park that you can start selecting specific seats again. I was able to do that for the recent st kilda game as well. not sure why the MCG isn't following suit.

I've noticed at AAMI Park that you can start selecting specific seats again. I was able to do that for the recent st kilda game as well. not sure why the MCG isn't following suit.

Don't know about that soccer stadium but Docklands is Ticketmaster whereas the MCG is Ticketek. Maybe that is the difference.

I couldn't find a way to select specific seats at the StKilda game but ended up in Row B with the front row vacant so was fine anyway - took a few tries to get those seats though.

DS

Last edited: