$4.2M Profit in 2018 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

$4.2M Profit in 2018

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Ian4 said:
Western Melbourne Group is a bidder for an A-League licence. They plan to build 15,000 stadium (with capacity to increase) a smaller 5,000 stadium (for W-League and Youth Teams), multiple training pitches and a social club in Tarneit at the site of the future Tarneit West train station. This is in conjunction with the Wyndham council (who are providing the land and necessary permits), but it will be 100% privately funded. They are doing it this way because they wanna keep it Football specific (in other words, they do not wanna share with other sports and don't wanna put up with the conditions that come with government funding). I think its an absolutely stunning project and a game changer for privately funded sports teams in Australia.

Obviously there are differences with Richmond, as we are not a privately funded team. But we do have a massive membership base. We are rich. And our project is on a much smaller scale. obviously we would need to get the council on side, but I have no doubt we can do this on our own. stuff government funding. Lets do this the Richmond way and the Richmond way only!!!

Not sure why you think PRO will be a smaller project than Tarneit ?

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I wonder if they had blown any funds on merchandise in preparation for a possible back to back premiership? I am sure they would have been better prepared than last year, but probably had to pay deposits etc.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
taztiger4 said:
Not sure why you think PRO will be a smaller project than Tarneit ?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jack-dyer-stand-may-go-in-60m-punt-road-oval-redevelopment-20180907-p502dv.html

the proposed club project is $60 million (compared to the $200 million Tarneit stadium complex), but I'm sure it could done for less if you dump the Islamic Academy, the accomodation associated with it, and expansion of the Korin Gamadji Institute. all we need is a rebuld of the Jack Dyer stand, a proper social club underneath it, better lighting and the Swinburne Centre facelift.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Ian4 said:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/jack-dyer-stand-may-go-in-60m-punt-road-oval-redevelopment-20180907-p502dv.html

the proposed club project is $60 million (compared to the $200 million Tarneit stadium complex), but I'm sure it could done for less if you dump the Islamic Academy, the accomodation associated with it, and expansion of the Korin Gamadji Institute. all we need is a rebuld of the Jack Dyer stand, a proper social club underneath it, better lighting and the Swinburne Centre facelift.
But they are the keys to unlocking the footy money

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
TigerFlag2017 said:
But they are the conditions to unlocking government money

fixed.

its not footy money, but governjment money. $602m of which has already been handed to the AFL in 2018 by the state government.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Paywalled article on this topic in today's Herald Sun.

Cash reserves of $13.7m sounds pretty good, especially compared with a debt of millions less than a decade ago.

Link to financial report: https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Richmond/Files/Concise%20Financial%20Report%202018.pdf

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Since when did a concise report become 4 pages of financials and 18 pages about the Board members LOL

realtiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
It’s a fantastic result but very much expected on the back of 2017. One thing which probably needs explaining is our revenue increased by $14.6 million this year but our profit only went up $1.1 million compared to 2017. That’s a concerning number . There’s one hell of a lot of expenses to get that extra million. Essendons 2017 profit was 5million and there were no grand finals involved. I also hope the members get a decent social club/ hotel where everyone can go. Eat em alive !

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Paywalled article on this topic in today's Herald Sun.

Cash reserves of $13.7m sounds pretty good, especially compared with a debt of millions less than a decade ago.

Link to financial report: https://s.afl.com.au/staticfile/AFL%20Tenant/Richmond/Files/Concise%20Financial%20Report%202018.pdf

Lets just buy #lolnorf - So we dont have to listen to their *smile* supporters any longer

Feb 25, 2007
realtiger said:
It’s a fantastic result but very much expected on the back of 2017. One thing which probably needs explaining is our revenue increased by $14.6 million this year but our profit only went up $1.1 million compared to 2017. That’s a concerning number . There’s one hell of a lot of expenses to get that extra million. Essendons 2017 profit was 5million and there were no grand finals involved. I also hope the members get a decent social club/ hotel where everyone can go. Eat em alive !

Essendon had the drugs saga and their fans have been buying in once it was over. Plus they just missed out on the 8. Our revenue is 15 million more meaning we can allocate a lot more money for recruiting, staff in specific areas, developments etc
RFC have almost 14 million in cash reserves, Ess is about 4 million in debt. Bombers 2018 net operating profit is $2,321,871

Richmond will report a profit of $4.21 million for the financial year ended October 31. The Club’s operating profit was $5.54 million before amortisation and depreciation.
The Club generated total revenue of $79.8 million, an increase of $14.6 million year-on-year.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:
How does our membership revenue compare with other clubs?

we'll have to wait til the other clubs release their figures, but we were 8th in 2016 based on revenue of about $45 million. collingwood and Hawthorn were in the low 70s that year. so we would be in the top 4 (at least) in 2018. i suspect the eagles might be number 1 though.

Feb 25, 2007
Harry said:
How does our membership revenue compare with other clubs?

We are top 3 surpassed the hawks who are on 74 mill
Us 79.8 mill
Pies 82 mill
Eagles haven’t released yet but I reckon they’ll be No 1

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
AstuteTiger said:
We are top 3 surpassed the hawks who are on 74 mill
Us 79.8 mill
Pies 82 mill
Eagles haven’t released yet but I reckon they’ll be No 1

Those numbers are total revenue

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We had over 100k members so it'll be interesting how that translates into membership revenue compared to the other big clubs.

DeathNinthandTaxes

Richmond 'till we die
Nov 4, 2007
Tigermad2005 said:
Yes but a lot are 3 games etc.
i can't imagine the percentage of 3 game memberships compared to total memberships is any different for us compared to any other club. they all sell them.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
DeathNinthandTaxes said:
i can't imagine the percentage of 3 game memberships compared to total memberships is any different for us compared to any other club. they all sell them.

they released figures midseason about this and something like 55% of all club memberships are less than 11 games (3 game, 5 game, 7 game, etc).