4 Team Friendly Knock-Out Comp. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

4 Team Friendly Knock-Out Comp.

teknodeejay

Tiger Cub
Jan 5, 2004
Carlton
www.theblueview.org
Greetings Punt Road End,

Following on from my previous post on here several weeks ago, I am going to attempt and get a 4 Team Friendly competition up on 20th/21st March 2003 (the weekend between Wizard Cup Final and Round 1).

I am hoping to get teams of at least 15 people from The Blue View, SaintSational, Punt Road End and Hawk Headquarters together at a ground (Glenferrie Oval for example), for games of 2 x 20 minute halves, 10 minute half time break, 10 minute break between the end of one game + the start of another.

The format would encompass a double-elimination style tournament.

Round 1

Team1
vs
Team2
&
Team3
vs
Team4

Round 2

Winners of Round 1 play - Winner advances to Grand Final.
Losers of Round 1 play - Loser of this game is eliminated.

Round 3

Loser of Round 2 Winners match
vs
Winner of Round 1 Losers match

-Loser of this game is eliminated

Grand Final

Winner of Round 2 Winners match vs Winner of Round 3.

We would start off the day at 10am at whichever ground is available, with the Grand Final kicking off about 4pm - so almost a full day.

We would arrange 3 umpires for the day to officiate all games, of which one of them would be myself plus 2 other volunteers.

I have approx 6 weeks to get full support from all 4 websites so please lodge your interest for the date above and we'll have it set.

This may be the closest we'll get to an OFL so I hope you can generate some interest. Should be a cracker of a day for all involved.

Just lodge your support for now and if numbers prevail I'll go about organising offical details. If anyone has any ideas they'd like to offer or lend support in any way please use the Private Message feature of these forums.

Thanks for your time!

This thread will be reproduced on Punt Road End, Hawk Headquarters and The Blue View.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
The way this thing is mushrooming it could finish up as a curtain-raiser at the G - or even replace the half-time entertainment.

What, replace the Little League?

I can just see the talent scouts drawing a circle around that date in March!

Hanno

Clangers are killers!
Jul 13, 2003
Geelong, Vic
I'd love to help PRE teach the Blue View a thing or two about humility, but late-March is a bad time. We have a practice match on the 20th and also the 27th. I don't think I'll be the only one, either. That's prime time for practice matches.

:(

teknodeejay

Tiger Cub
Jan 5, 2004
Carlton
www.theblueview.org
Hanno said:
I'd love to help PRE teach the Blue View a thing or two about humility, but late-March is a bad time. We have a practice match on the 20th and also the 27th. I don't think I'll be the only one, either. That's prime time for practice matches.

:(

Hey Hanno,

Chances are the game will be on a Sunday, either 14th March or 21st March depending on what we can get out at Glenferrie. It should make it easier for you and others who have Practice Matches to get down, am I right?

Looking forward to PRE getting a team together. SS, HH and TBV are recruiting rather well I must say!

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
Yeah, I'm good to go for this. As is my mate (who starred off a half back flank).

Let's make a go of this. I thought it was great to have a friendly kick with the Saintsationals, but then we won. And *then* we belted out the club song. It felt fantastic.

Rosy - any chance that you could make a sticky thread - sim to how we organised the friendly vs Saintsational?

teknodeejay - kudos for getting this started.

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Same position as Hanno,my side are playing a practice match the day before,and l dunno whether my 34yo legs can carry me twice in 2 days!! Couldn't resist giving some out against Carlton on the other hand!!!

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
dont worry stuggletown,

im sure there will be a spot in the goal square for you so you dont have to run much ;D

tiat - are you putting your hand up for captain again?

our star ruckman frickenel is up for another game also

lets see if we can get that winning formula happening

i'll stick my hand up for the midfield again