training | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

training

Ellyse

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2004
Sunbury
;D 8) ;) :)
Went to watch the boys train at Scotch College this morning. Duncan Kellaway running really well-fingers crossed for no injuries this year. Rogers, Joeline and a few other players still on modified programs for a short while, Nathan Brown was very happy to sign autographs for us after the session. Everyone seems fit and a lot more enthusiastic. Go Tiges 2004

Good news. How about Ottens and all the new guys how did they go? Next time training is on can sumone do a player analysis of all of the players please

Yeah all of the guys looked good except for Ottens who seemed proppy when he jogged but he was fine when he was running-maybe just his style? Kayne Pettifer copped a ball to the face, :-[Richo didnt participate in the last 30 minutes or so, not too sure if he was just resting or if he was a bit sore. ???All seemed to be putting their heads down over the ball and working hard.

Oh yeah most of the new guys were training with the group there was one or two just running laps and on the exercise bike but didnt see who they were(they were younger) Weller, Morrison, Marsh, Brown all training well and seem to fit in with the group)

Ellyse said:
Kayne Pettifer copped a ball to the face, :-[
;D ;D ;D Maybe Kayne just needed a good close look at the footy so he would know what it looks like when he plays :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hey Rosy, how about we make Ellyse our ace reporter?

We could send her down to the ground each week so she can file a report before the team's announced.

Besides, she writes nice.

(We could pay her in jelly beans - PRE could stretch to that, couldn't we?)

Yeh i second that motion Ellyse should be our reporter and give us a weekly update on all players and what danny is doing with them at training.

By the way do we have like Match Practise? I was watching Fox footy news last nite and carlton were doing it and it seemed well they were like using their whole squad and they got 2 sides out of it and were playing a real game i would love to see footage of the game. (Richmond of Course)

Depending on my TAFE timetable for the year I could possibly give a weekly training review if you like-I'm attending Kangan Batman TAFE in Richmond which is a stones throw away from punt road.
The guys didn't have a match practice yesterday, but I have seen it at previous sessions.
They did do a drill similar to a practice match, played in one half of the ground,7 a side, and each player on each team has to touch the ball atleast once before the can take it out of their half of the ground. (Atleast I think thats how it worked-I was a little busy watching the teams without their tops on ;))

Good onya Elysse. :) I reckon you've earned the jelly beans for sure....I bags the black ones though, ha.

Frawley just stood there holding a clipboard trying to look important while the other coaches did all of his work, put praised the group at the end :)

Ellyse said:
They did do a drill similar to a practice match, played in one half of the ground,7 a side, and each player on each team has to touch the ball atleast once before the can take it out of their half of the ground. (Atleast I think thats how it worked-I was a little busy watching the teams without their tops on ;))
Thats scary........isnt that the way they played last year :-\

Walster said:
Ellyse said:
Thats scary........isnt that the way they played last year :-\
OH *smile* !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!