A Housefull of Tigers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A Housefull of Tigers

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
No traitors here, 3 kids, 5 dogs, 5 cats, 5 fish, hard working mum and long suffering dad  :help , all tiger supporters. Not quite sure how the fish will show their colours but the kids are inventive  ;D .

I came from UK aged 10 in the mid 70's and quickly found footy, I never got to play, was more rugby sized, but I got my Junior Supporters Club Membership in 1980, and went to nearly every match. I'd have to say the passion for RFC evoked sitting with the cheer and grog squads that year has stuck with me and I could never dream of supporting anyone else. Come to think of it i HATE all the other teams LOL, I really enjoyed the VFL format, going to the oppositions grounds every week, playing each club twice, walking miles from the station to Waverley, I even had exams to attend to enter the Police Force, but thanks to a Waverley game chose footy instead, so you could say RFC saved me there  :police: Got beat up a couple of times, which wasn't so bad as i didn't have the inborn dislike of scumwood that so many of you obviously had, but I got the idea after that.

The kids all barrack for the Tigers of their own free will, but would never get taken to another clubs games so they were sort of brainwashed anyway. When we lived in the City we would go to training whenever we could, and Gabi 11 got to meet players and get autographs, she was hooked. Simone is 7 now ( I think ) she Is just starting to sit through a whole match, but boy does she love to sing the song, and doesn't know when to stop, it really sh**s the other supporters, but what can you do to a lovely little kid like that LOL, especially when she is accompanied by a doting 18 stone bearded father >:D Jacob 10 has just come from the UK with his mum, but on his many holidays with us quickly found his colours, although I did get him wearing the doughnut's #5  :flush . His mum works weekends so cant come as often as we like, sort of a waste of a family membership, but what the heck. She has warmed to the task of supporting RFC, and often yells something abot Richo being a big " Mary "? and Tivendale you ****** expletive deleted.

Oops it's time to get the kids up for school, i'm sure there is more to say but duty calls. I have become addicted to this site in the off season, my wife thinks I have a " fancy woman " online,  so thanks all for keeping us all informed about the goings on around the place.

Back again, I work as an antique restorer, we get some great jobs, like the FFC boards, luna park horses, Moombah dragon boats and all the usual old stuff, mainly from dealers in Armadale. Mainly I look after the kids, and they are driving me insane lol.

Cheers  :beer

Ian

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Great post Tigerclan. This site is getting bigger and bigger. Great to see.

18 stone? Must have been a giant to put you down in a fight!! ;D

Very good to see the kids are all Tiger cubs.

Tigerclan

Tiger Champion
Jan 22, 2005
12 on 2 greystar1, 12 on 2, copped a good headbutt too when I went back, but no harm done. That is why my favourite footy sound, apart from singing the song after the siren, Is the sound of thousands of Scumwood seats banging back one by one from about the 10 min mark in the last qtr when we flog them >:D

Oops, the kids read my posts.......

No children, none of that really happened, we all shook hands and had a cuppa :angel:

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
No children, none of that really happened, we all shook hands and had a cuppa

Great to see another Tiger person with a sense of humour!! :cutelaugh :hihi

frahlee

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2004
MELBOURNE
Just nice to get an insight into the lives and families of we PREnders. Lovely post Tigerclan, look forward to hearing from you.