Adam Kingsley Assistant coach/ New Giants Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adam Kingsley Assistant coach/ New Giants Coach

BJ, if you believe every article, its not about returning to Vic.

every article says he wants to stay and that he loves it at the Giants - but they cant/dont want to pay him the $$ given their bursting cap.
And whether its about the $$ or not, us and the Pies (if they get rid of grundy) will shower him with similar $$.

You replied to one of my posts which was talking about who within the club would know what $$ are being offered to players. Unlke others on this thread, IMO at most I reckon only 2-3 of our guys would know the $$ being offered to players we are trying to get in. I dont believe the Assistant Coaches know. Nor should they. Of course, they may have a sniff of what's on offer. At most, Blair, The Chief, Tim L and maybe Dimma - not even sure Balmey would know unless they need his advice.

So, the other question is who he chooses based on the similar $$. Like Lynchy and the intro to Balme's book, its who you believe will bring the best out of you as a player, which footy program you believe will be best, and which team you believe is going places.

Blair is a magician. But Collingwood under McCrae, Wright, the Daicos bros, etc would be looking pretty enticing too.
Cwood will be having a real crack. They’ll free up a lot of cash at the end of 2023 with Dinglebury, Sadbottom retiring. More if they offload Grundy. Outside of that they’ll then only have Moore, Adams and possibly De Goey on anything sizeable. Crisp to sort out for 2024. McStay mid range. Their list isn’t flooded with big contracts like Carlton.

Back end contract Taranto ….here we come.

You’d have to think Collingwood, Carlton and Geelong would be the main destination clubs at the moment in Vic. Richmond would be one as well, but I feel the other 3 are the flavour of the months. Collingwood with Mccrae would be extremely attractive. Geelong just never bottom out. And Carlton is a sleeping giant that’s about to awaken

Was on AFL 360 last night in Giants polo, addressing Giants players. Must be hard for him to switch back on to Richmond and equally hard for us to see him representing another team while still with us.

Reactions: 1 user
He seems like a very humble, sincere person. All the best to Adam. I really hope it works out for him up there.
No doubt, he'd be welcome back if he wanted to.

Was on AFL 360 last night in Giants polo, addressing Giants players. Must be hard for him to switch back on to Richmond and equally hard for us to see him representing another team while still with us.
agree. you'd think they'd wait until the finals were over ... it's not quite right ...

The bloke that locks up Punt Rd every night would be highly sort after.
Especially now with the results McCrae is producing at Collingwood.
Anyone and anything at our club is looked at as Gold..
But always remember they can have there McCrae, Leppa, Kingsley and Rutten.
We still have Hardwick.
Even Teague looks good at Richmond

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
The bloke that locks up Punt Tdevery night would be highly sort after.
Especially now with the results McCrae is producing at Collingwood.
Anyone and anything at our club is looked at as Gold..
But always remember they can have there McCrae, Leppa, Kingsley and Rutten.
We still have Hardwick.
Even Teague looks good at Richmond
True but history will show that's happened at every successful club.
It's a real credit to our club that our people are poached.
It also makes it an appealing place for the best fresh young talent coming through.

Reactions: 4 users
Taranto decision will be about returning to vic not dollars

Apparently he wants to stay and they've made him a better offer to do so. Just a question of whether that offer is good enough. GWS have re-signed themselves to losing Bruhn, Hill and Hopper.

He is transitioning jobs, happens all the time. Just this happens more publicly because it is AFL.

I'm sure Richmond are not concerned, he continues his role until the season finishes for Richmond, has a nice send off and moves to GWS.

He is right, lot to do there but also a lot of potential. I'm sure he will do well as long as they are realistic about how this will take some time, but GWS are in a decent position, their list is good and they are nowhere near as far back as the likes of Essendon or North.

DS

True but history will show that's happened at every successful club.
It's a real credit to our club that our people are poached.
It also makes it an appealing place for the best fresh young talent coming through.
Why don't we get Castagna as an Assistant Coach and then he gets poached by Freo when they sack Longmuire.
And he convinces Bradshaw and Howlong to come to punt Rd?