Adam Kingsley Assistant coach/ New Giants Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Adam Kingsley Assistant coach/ New Giants Coach

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Apart from the fact that Adam is our midfield coach can anyone shed any light on what he brings to our club?

He has spent the last seven as an assistant at St Kilda , where they have spent that time at the lower end of the ladder.

Four years as an assistant at Port Adelaide, where they have spent that time at the lower end of the ladder.

Yes he was a team mate of Hardwicks in the 2004 premiership year but if your claim to fame is spending 11 years as an assistant coach to bottom end clubs it makes you question the decision to recruit him.

(By the way our midfield is not performing so well this year and St Kilda's is now going well, co-incidence? )

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
well..our midfeild has been smashed all three games..insipid...the worst ive seen under hardwick

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Not sure what Adam brings to the table
From where i sit watching games seems were having same issues such as last year clearing the ball from a centre bounce

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
With the 6 6 6 set up at center bounces losing the clearances is hurting us more that our coaches believed it would.

Yes you might say that we were at the lower end of the clearance ladder last season but without Rance to continually turn the tide we have to be a lot better at those center clearances.

Its not time for panic stations but its time for Adam to earn his money and fix our midfield problems.

( this year St Kilda are third, last year they were last)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
On the small evidence we have at this point it dosent paint a great picture, however at this point I think to blame him for our back to back losses is just taking a pot at an easy target and using him as a scapegoat, I think a good test of what his got is about to be shown, his going to have a very young midfield to work with and his going to have to be creative. I have no idea if his a good or bad assistant

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
Without having any knowledge of him or his skill as a coach, I was underwhelmed when he got employed and I remain underwhelmed with our midfields performance this year.

Dunno if he’s to blame, or we’re just *smile* in the midfield. I think a bit of both

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Jobs for the boys. That's all this selection was. We had got rid of all of Dimmas yes men. He is slowly bringing them back.

Baron Samedi

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2016
Far too early to make a call.

All I know is a successful, premiership winning club with a recent history of making sound decisions went after him.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
Baron Samedi said:
Far too early to make a call.

All I know is a successful, premiership winning club with a recent history of making sound decisions went after him.

Getting an assistant from WC or Collingwood would have made more sense.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
btoz_01 said:
Not sure what Adam brings to the table
From where i sit watching games seems were having same issues such as last year clearing the ball from a centre bounce
And the common denominator is....Hardwick. Doesn't the buck stop with him?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Essendon did improve after they sacked Neeld. Maybe we need a sacrifice to lift the curse that has clearly been laid on the club and Kingsley could be it.