AFL Betting Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Betting Thread

Born_a_Tiger78

Tiger Rookie
Jul 16, 2008
Bump !!!!

The Tiges are paying $21 to win the flag.
Last week you could get $31 at the TAB, before and after the Melbourne game.

Before the Melbourne game, I did try to put Melbourne's first loss into Richmond premiership, effectively 115/1. The computer said no. Which was ok given the result. Either way, I was pretty sure we make the 8 given the sides left to play.

I didn't take the time to get on at $31 after the loss, it was available.

$30 for every $1 would be pretty easy to hedge over 4 games.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Last week you could get $31 at the TAB, before and after the Melbourne game.

Before the Melbourne game, I did try to put Melbourne's first loss into Richmond premiership, effectively 115/1. The computer said no. Which was ok given the result. Either way, I was pretty sure we make the 8 given the sides left to play.

I didn't take the time to get on at $31 after the loss, it was available.

$30 for every $1 would be pretty easy to hedge over 4 games.
Had a good day on the nags yesterday, so I took some of the $21.

Yeah, it's frustrating that they take some multi combinations, but not others.

Winnable games against the Pies, Hawks and the Bombers over the next 3 weeks, should have us safely in the 8 and pressing for the top 4.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Had a good day on the nags yesterday, so I took some of the $21.

Yeah, it's frustrating that they take some multi combinations, but not others.

Winnable games against the Pies, Hawks and the Bombers over the next 3 weeks, should have us safely in the 8 and pressing for the top 4.

Im gonna have a slice of $21.

Only 3 sides can win this flag; dees, lions, tigers

We'll need a lot to go right, but 20-1 covers that

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Freo might not be able to win it. But they might. Their defence is great: Pearce, Cox, Logue, Ryan make it hard to take a mark inside 50. Clark, Aish, Young, and "Wait, I thought Brad Hill lef- oh, who the *smile* is Brandon Walker?" provide run.

Darcy is a top-3 ruckman in the comp. Their midfield is very good: Mundy is rising 37 and still getting 6 clearances a game. Brayshaw is one of the best inside-outside mids in the game. He's like 80% Cotch on the inside and 120% on the spread. Serong is a beauty. Brodie is doing a great job while they wait for their dual Brownlow Medallist to get fit. Acres is KMac-like on one wing, and Tucker and the kid O'Driscoll are doing well on the other.

Up forward, Lobb is in career-best form and is a genuine second ruck. Taberner is honest and hard-working, and they have a flotilla of Richmond-like small forwards. Someone asked on these pages not long back "who the hell is this Switkowski to be rated an elite small forward?" - I'll tell you, he's a cross between Dan Butler and Kade Simpson. Schult.z (seriously, @Mr T. can we remove this name from the swear filter?) is averaging almost two goals per game. Colyer is a mature role-player in career-best form, and Frederick is providing pressure while kicking 9 goals in 7 games. Sonny Walters hasn't been himself, but his form is improving, and they don't rely on him like they used to anyway - he's a bonus player now.

They are extremely well-coached.

I don't know if they can beat Melbourne in a big final at the G. They've always been able to beat us there. They'd beat Brisbane there. They're contenders. If we don't win it I would love to see them do it.

Reactions: 3 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Talked myself into it. I've secured a spot of $13.70 ($13.07 after commission) for Freo on Betfair. Three should-win games (Norf at home, Suns away, Collingwood at home) should see them in single figures by the time they hand Melbourne their first defeat for a year.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Freo might not be able to win it. But they might. Their defence is great: Pearce, Cox, Logue, Ryan make it hard to take a mark inside 50. Clark, Aish, Young, and "Wait, I thought Brad Hill lef- oh, who the *smile* is Brandon Walker?" provide run.

Darcy is a top-3 ruckman in the comp. Their midfield is very good: Mundy is rising 37 and still getting 6 clearances a game. Brayshaw is one of the best inside-outside mids in the game. He's like 80% Cotch on the inside and 120% on the spread. Serong is a beauty. Brodie is doing a great job while they wait for their dual Brownlow Medallist to get fit. Acres is KMac-like on one wing, and Tucker and the kid O'Driscoll are doing well on the other.

Up forward, Lobb is in career-best form and is a genuine second ruck. Taberner is honest and hard-working, and they have a flotilla of Richmond-like small forwards. Someone asked on these pages not long back "who the hell is this Switkowski to be rated an elite small forward?" - I'll tell you, he's a cross between Dan Butler and Kade Simpson. Schult.z (seriously, @Mr T. can we remove this name from the swear filter?) is averaging almost two goals per game. Colyer is a mature role-player in career-best form, and Frederick is providing pressure while kicking 9 goals in 7 games. Sonny Walters hasn't been himself, but his form is improving, and they don't rely on him like they used to anyway - he's a bonus player now.

They are extremely well-coached.

I don't know if they can beat Melbourne in a big final at the G. They've always been able to beat us there. They'd beat Brisbane there. They're contenders. If we don't win it I would love to see them do it.
Good write up spook, I like the Dockers too. Heath Chapman is another young key defender, he's going to be a ripper.

Longmuir was the brains at Collingwood, they fell away as soon as he got the coaching gig at the Dockers.

Whilst I don't like Fyfe he's going to be a handy in. They haven't missed him in guts, while his kicking is not the best they could do a lost worse than play him forward when he's fit.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Im gonna have a slice of $21.

Only 3 sides can win this flag; dees, lions, tigers

We'll need a lot to go right, but 20-1 covers that
We're on a roll, the Tiges have tightened into $15, there'll be a few bookies sphincter tighten before too long.

• Love

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I never like real short odds but the tigers at $1.50 against the hawks should anchor any multi. With Vlas and Prestia back it will be our strongest lineup for the year and reckon the Hawks young guys confidence would have taken a hit on Sat night.

No one of note to return to their side this week. With Frost the only one that can play on Lynch I can see a real ruthless tigers performance Sat afternoon. Can't see us starting $1.50 come game time.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I never like real short odds but the tigers at $1.50 against the hawks should anchor any multi. With Vlas and Prestia back it will be our strongest lineup for the year and reckon the Hawks young guys confidence would have taken a hit on Sat night.

No one of note to return to their side this week. With Frost the only one that can play on Lynch I can see a real ruthless tigers performance Sat afternoon. Can't see us starting $1.50 come game time.

yeah 50% interest.

into 40% and logic says will go lower.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
1.30 now the tigers.

Reckon the flag odds of 15/1 are overs at the moment. Betfair a litytle better. Good opportunity to create an arbitrage situation.

Think we win our next 5 and we will be about 6/1 with biookies, bit more on betfair? Potentially less depending on nature of wins and injuries.

If we maintain a healthy list we are Top 4 certainties.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
1.30 now the tigers.

Reckon the flag odds of 15/1 are overs at the moment. Betfair a litytle better. Good opportunity to create an arbitrage situation.

Think we win our next 5 and we will be about 6/1 with biookies, bit more on betfair? Potentially less depending on nature of wins and injuries.

If we maintain a healthy list we are Top 4 certainties.

nsw tab offering $9 to make GF,

which is essentially about $20 for the flag.

our fixture from here is extraordinary - AFL House was asleep at the wheel

im taking some of that

think ill take tigers at the 1.9 line today

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Disappointing lapse today. And some Razor magic foiled a 6 goal plus win.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Still $4.50 with sportsbet to make top 4. Gunna take some.

Had a decent lick of the $21 flag lollypop on betfair recently.

Should setup a decent book to play with.

For those keen on GF quinella. TAB has:

Richmond v Bris $26
Richmond v Dees $12
Richmond V Freo $61
Richmond V Syd $71