AFL Commission Chairman | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Commission Chairman

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
FFS now are they speculating about David Koche for AFL Chairman.
Peggy O'Neal would do a far better job.
As for the current AFL Chairman, he should join his former Qantas Cohort and POQ.
The state of the game is a disgrace.

• Wow
Reactions: 11 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Qantas has lost their court case regarding illegal mass sackings during the Covid pandemic.

There are strong calls for Richard Goyder to fall on his sword for his part in supporting Alan Joyce during his time as CEO of Qantas.

Qantas has posted huge profits in the past few years. Management seems to have forgotten how the Government
(the Australian tax payers therefore) at the time of Covid, bailed them out to the tune of how many $billions.
Yet they continue on their merry way ripping off their customers & providing terrible service into the bargain.

Wherever possible I refuse to travel with them. If I can fly with any other airline rather than Qantas & Jetstar, I do.

Reactions: 8 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Goyder is corporate cancer. His role on the Commission is not tenable. He needs to resign.

Reactions: 11 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Qantas has lost their court case regarding illegal mass sackings during the Covid pandemic.

There are strong calls for Richard Goyder to fall on his sword for his part in supporting Alan Joyce during his time as CEO of Qantas.

Qantas has posted huge profits in the past few years. Management seems to have forgotten how the Government
(the Australian tax payers therefore) at the time of Covid, bailed them out to the tune of how many $billions.
Yet they continue on their merry way ripping off their customers & providing terrible service into the bargain.

Wherever possible I refuse to travel with them. If I can fly with any other airline rather than Qantas & Jetstar, I do.
Yeah ! Get into 'em Teeters !

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
FFS now are they speculating about David Koche for AFL Chairman.
Peggy O'Neal would do a far better job.
As for the current AFL Chairman, he should join his former Qantas Cohort and POQ.
The state of the game is a disgrace.
Goyder is currently the chairman of the AFL, Qantas and Woodside, every thing he touches turns to sh!t.

• Dislike
Reactions: 7 users

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Old “passion fingers”
How on earth do these blokes get these positions?
Whole business world is infected with grossly underperforming CEO’s, upper management and Boards who lick and suck and brand and Machiavelliinise their way into these positions, as opposed to having a positive results based history.

It’s the new way. Forget about performance. It’s all about “relationships” and screaming duds protecting and aiding each other to climb the corporate ladder.

Reactions: 4 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Who are these so called 'multiple club chiefs' that are calling for Kashy to get the AFL Chairman gig?
Sounds like a load of BS. Someone is pushing an agenda here.

Reactions: 1 users

jimbob

Tiger Superstar
Jul 20, 2008
Traralgon
Goyder is a perfect example of how a a lot of board directorships are nothing more than highly paid sinecures. It never ceases to amaze me how some people get onto multiple boards, often with absolutely no background in the industry the company operates in. But they have a profile so that makes it all ok. Goyder has merely rubber stamped whatever Joyce wanted. After all, Joyce was the industry insider wasn’t he? So the Qantas share price is below what it was when Joyce walked in the door, they have outsourced maintenance to cheaper countries, they have ageing fleet of planes, have illegally sacked workers, destroyed public trust in a once revered business, tried to cancel flight credits and been forced to backtrack, accepted fares on cancelled flights that people have had to fight to get their money returned and Dicky boy had happily let Al pal do all this while he was probably off having a nice steak and lovely glass of red from the Corporate dining room while collecting his directors fees and shares, pausing just long enough to sign off on the “take as much as you want Alan” salary package.

Joyce exits with a $24m exit package after all that? White collar crime if you ask me.

Damn straight Goyder should step down from the Chair of Qantas.

As for the AFL. Goyder:” hey Gill, you run the show, we’ll watch from here and cheer you on. You do whatever you want pal and stay on as long as you like. All good buddy”. “Care for a glass of Grange? It’s a very good year”…

Reactions: 7 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Goyder is a perfect example of how a a lot of board directorships are nothing more than highly paid sinecures. It never ceases to amaze me how some people get onto multiple boards, often with absolutely no background in the industry the company operates in. But they have a profile so that makes it all ok. Goyder has merely rubber stamped whatever Joyce wanted. After all, Joyce was the industry insider wasn’t he? So the Qantas share price is below what it was when Joyce walked in the door, they have outsourced maintenance to cheaper countries, they have ageing fleet of planes, have illegally sacked workers, destroyed public trust in a once revered business, tried to cancel flight credits and been forced to backtrack, accepted fares on cancelled flights that people have had to fight to get their money returned and Dicky boy had happily let Al pal do all this while he was probably off having a nice steak and lovely glass of red from the Corporate dining room while collecting his directors fees and shares, pausing just long enough to sign off on the “take as much as you want Alan” salary package.

Joyce exits with a $24m exit package after all that? White collar crime if you ask me.

Damn straight Goyder should step down from the Chair of Qantas.

As for the AFL. Goyder:” hey Gill, you run the show, we’ll watch from here and cheer you on. You do whatever you want pal and stay on as long as you like. All good buddy”. “Care for a glass of Grange? It’s a very good year”…
Joyce has been a disgraceful leader at Australia’s showcase airline. Goyder has stood to one side and allowed him to do exactly what he wants, and it now seems, take what he wants.
Both should be gone.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Who are these so called 'multiple club chiefs' that are calling for Kashy to get the AFL Chairman gig?
Sounds like a load of BS. Someone is pushing an agenda here.

Would prefer we got the cash cow in ahead of Koshie. Makes more sense when it talks.

Reactions: 2 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Corporate corruption.
Greed.

Geez that Michael Kaine dude really doesn't mince his words when referencing Qantas!
They should make him CEO.
None of those guys would survive.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
Whole business world is infected with grossly underperforming CEO’s, upper management and Boards who lick and suck and brand and Machiavelliinise their way into these positions, as opposed to having a positive results based history.

It’s the new way. Forget about performance. It’s all about “relationships” and screaming duds protecting and aiding each other to climb the corporate ladder.
Too true Red, too true!

Reactions: 1 user