AFL DreamTeam Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL DreamTeam Game

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Well it's on again people the AFL dreamteam where you draft a list of 32 or so players (make sure you stay under the salary cap though) Then each week before the first bounce of the round you select your best 18 (or 22 I forget).Points are awarded for marks goals kicks etc
It;s sort of like the competitions they used to have in The Age and The Australian except you pick your team each week. There are prizes to be won each week (a PS2) and you are automatically placed in a league with others where you have a ladder and a place to make comments to the other coaches etc.
If enough of us PRE Tigers decide to enter I will set up league that we can all enter allowing us to compete with each other and watch each others progress very closely. I can see this being a great source of ribbing during the year(it really is a fun game) so let me now how many people are interested and we will see if we can get it all happening.
Anyway the game opens on Friday the 21st and is open to everyone.It is accessable from The AFL site through the fun n games link(next to the link for the tipping).
You can enter one team for each email address that you have but be warned, if you enter more than one team you may be ineligible to win prizes etc.Personally I don't go in it for the prizes and enter 5 teams LOL that way I can get a Tiger team, a Team of youngsters, a team of on-ballers etc ... but drafting the players is the most fun part for me (choose wisely because once you got 'em you got 'em for the year, no exchanges for long term injuries etc.
Anyway check it out on the AFL website this Friday and let me know how many people would be interested in entering a team and having it entered into a comp. just for PRE peoples(like the PRE tipsters group)Comps are limited to a size of 16.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Excellent Rosy :D
Well as you will see on Friday when the comp opens it is mostly self explanatory but fee free to ask me any questions you have and I will try my hardest to answer them :)
...14 spots to go ;D

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
I would love to be in it. Gotta find a way to pick an excessive number of tigers without blowing my chances- THERE HAS TO BE A WAY! ;D
hutstar

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
There is Hutstar you have more than one team!! ;) ;D
All the tiger teams I have had in the last 2 or 3 years have gone really badly!! ::)
13 spots to go ;D

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Consider it done DF.

12 spots to go :)

But we can always have 2 comps if we get more than 16.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Count me in too. After last year tiger players should be good value (meaning cheap) :).

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Make that 9 sorry!! Anyway Instead of me getting a heap of cheap posts I'll keep a record of this thread and let you all know which comp name and password to join later...

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
OK everyone good news.. the AFLyellowpages...com..auDREAMTEAM link is now available on the AFL website... just go to fun n games and then go to the above link(dreamteam) and register your email etc then you will be sent an email confirming that it begins Friday.
If you played it last year there is no need to re- register
just use your old email and password from last year(if you can remember it)!! :'(
Anyway I'll message you all with the comp details later.
Hve fun picking your teams ;D
Oh yeah and they have changed the rules slightly this year and have a mid season draft!! WOOHOO

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Well the game was supposed to have started today but so far no dice.This is pretty uncoool because the AFL turds sent me an email saying it officially started today!!
So far they just have the register your interest screen..
Maybe it'll change over today maybe not, I'll check it again tomorrow after scheel ;) and let you know whats happening with the comp etc..
Cheers all and good luck :D

B

brownlow2003

the AFL yellowpages DREAMTEAM Comp is now available & working

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Not just yet Rosy I will try and get it done this arvo(unlikely) but probably tonight. What I will do is message each of the PRE people with comp name and password rather than posting it in here and ending up with half of us good guys and half a bunch of so and so's who barrack for other teams. So for now just make up your teams and wait for my message. (pro'lly tonight)
I will send the messages through privately so I hope everyone knows how to check 'em. Actually once I have done it I might email you and MT with it first Rosy so as you can tell other people etc (but only if theyare a Tiger ;) )

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
OK it's done the comp is ready to go. I have messaged Rosy and MT with the name and code number of our comp. If you want to know what it is between now and say 830 pm or so ask Rosy and MT and they can message you with the all the details.
I will try and message everyone tonight individually and give then the details.
Happy Drafting :D