AFL Mouthpieces | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL Mouthpieces

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
It has been a long time since I’ve posted on this site but I think my patience is at an end with the AFL and now I need to state what has become far too obvious.

The AFL has a deliberate agenda of controlling as much of the discussion about its poor performances, prejudices and glaring failures, while letting loose on the public their well-groomed apologists. The worst of them is Damian Barrett.

To encourage the noise that protects the perpetrator, in this case Stewart, while ignoring the duty of care to Prestia on the ground and lack of enquiring about his condition since the “hit” (that was NO bump!!), is a disgrace and reveals the blatant and corrupt agenda of the AFL.

Having a sitting member of the AFL admin dealing directly with the laws of the game who is the twin brother of the coach of Geelong, who have as their CEO a former AFL administer in Hocking is an unacceptable conflict of interest(s) and rightly casts suspicion of favoritism towards that club. No other industry could get away with such nepotism.

More to come:

• Love
Reactions: 27 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
It has been a long time since I’ve posted on this site but I think my patience is at an end with the AFL and now I need to state what has become far too obvious.

The AFL has a deliberate agenda of controlling as much of the discussion about its poor performances, prejudices and glaring failures, while letting loose on the public their well-groomed apologists. The worst of them is Damian Barrett.

To encourage the noise that protects the perpetrator, in this case Stewart, while ignoring the duty of care to Prestia on the ground and lack of enquiring about his condition since the “hit” (that was NO bump!!), is a disgrace and reveals the blatant and corrupt agenda of the AFL.

Having a sitting member of the AFL admin dealing directly with the laws of the game who is the twin brother of the coach of Geelong, who have as their CEO a former AFL administer in Hocking is an unacceptable conflict of interest(s) and rightly casts suspicion of favoritism towards that club. No other industry could get away with such nepotism.

More to come:
Nepotism alright. I read a small paragraph on today's Hun that Martin Pakula had a coffee with Gill the Dill. It said 'other sport', so let's hope it is.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
There's no doubt been a push to minimise the reporting of health impacts of players on the end of brain injuries (concussion).
Law suits are hovering & there would be genuine fear for the future of the sport. It's very much a taboo issue in the AFL media.
That's the only possible explanation why the media push has been all about the perp's feelings as opposed to the victim's health.
Sycophantic puppets like Whately & Barrett are the worst as setting these agendas for the AFL.

Reactions: 6 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Literally all of the AFL media are AFL sycophants. When was the last time a well known media representative went hard at Gil or the commission? I sometimes question whether AFL accreditation is conditional upon not openly criticising AFL HQ itself.

I’ll give you an example from earlier in the season that really irks me to this day. R3, Footscray v the Swans on Thursday night. I had the Fox pre-game on while I was cooking dinner and the alpha male roosters on Fox said the AFL was likely to fixture as many as 18 Thursday night games in 2023.

They then all slapped their hands on the table and told the audience in no uncertain terms that this is the best thing since sliced bread. Then told us with a straight face that this is what the supporters want, without actually researching and asking what the supporters want.

The whole bloody footy industry tells the supporters how to think and what to think. We are the sheep that just bend over and accepts it.

• Angry
Reactions: 12 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014

More to come:
Happy to read your post TD. Another person who sees the forest from the trees on this site - or whatever that stupid cliche is:LOL:

Welcome.

This is why the Secret Survey published in The Age over the last 1-2 weeks has been so interesting. 16 of 18 Club CEOs or Presidents have told us what they actually think of the AFL and many issues within the AFL.
What those in the industry truly think (secretly).

And even more interesting, apart from publishing the articles over a few weeks - these articles are Gold - NO one in the media has chosen to discuss them/flesh them out / make a truly worthwhile discussion about what the people in Clubland think. Why?

Everyone, everyone with a brain can see all the industry partners are scared to speak up for the real consequences.

Money withheld, favours withheld, decisions that go against you (whether its getting a broadcast licence, a AFLW team in the 1st or last round, soft cap wins, tribunal decisions, fixturing decisions that go against you, AFL income dividends, priority picks, manager decisions, consulting gigs, etc).
The list is endless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
AFL mouth pieces or a s s lickers?
Its simple if they speak out against Gill the Dill they lose their AFL media pass and will be out of a job
So it’s in their best interests to only convey AFL directives and nothing else

Reactions: 2 users

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
The corporate mind-set (think I’ll leverage this for as much as I can gain) has kidnapped the AFL and put at risk the integrity of the game while ignoring the first and foremost consideration of any person involved in the admin of the AFL – which is – they do not own the game. They are CUSTODIANS of the game and in that the last two CEO’s have failed miserably.

As a consequence, they have mutilated the game in pandering up to media contracts, when in fact the AFL could and should have determined the contractual agenda’s instead of being subject to what the media demand and expect e.g., Thursday night games.

Add good old-fashioned greed to the mix and the paying public has seen an explosion of ticket costs, along with food and beverage costs skyrocket. A healthy percentage of what flows into the coffers of the AFL goes into the wages and perks of senior administrators who, as I said above, are the CUSTODIANS of a great game that they have polluted, mismanaged and exploited for personal gain.

The Americanization of the AFL is a ridiculous joke. There has not been one original idea out of AFL House in years that has not been copied from the States. Mistakes abound from the millions wasted on Waverley Park to the many more millions wasted on trying to establish a presence in Rugy states while ignoring Tasmania.

Credited AFL media and journalist types have their noses in the trough and collectively are part of the corrupt culture that drives our once great game. And having no balls surely is one of the criteria of being a journalist that covers the AFL.

• Love
Reactions: 19 users

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
The corporate mind-set (think I’ll leverage this for as much as I can gain) has kidnapped the AFL and put at risk the integrity of the game while ignoring the first and foremost consideration of any person involved in the admin of the AFL – which is – they do not own the game. They are CUSTODIANS of the game and in that the last two CEO’s have failed miserably.

As a consequence, they have mutilated the game in pandering up to media contracts, when in fact the AFL could and should have determined the contractual agenda’s instead of being subject to what the media demand and expect e.g., Thursday night games.

Add good old-fashioned greed to the mix and the paying public has seen an explosion of ticket costs, along with food and beverage costs skyrocket. A healthy percentage of what flows into the coffers of the AFL goes into the wages and perks of senior administrators who, as I said above, are the CUSTODIANS of a great game that they have polluted, mismanaged and exploited for personal gain.

The Americanization of the AFL is a ridiculous joke. There has not been one original idea out of AFL House in years that has not been copied from the States. Mistakes abound from the millions wasted on Waverley Park to the many more millions wasted on trying to establish a presence in Rugy states while ignoring Tasmania.

Credited AFL media and journalist types have their noses in the trough and collectively are part of the corrupt culture that drives our once great game. And having no balls surely is one of the criteria of being a journalist that covers the AFL.

post of the year

Reactions: 5 users

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
The DELIBERATE HIT on Prestia (and let’s ignore the %&43sit term bump) has exposed the hypocrisy and double standards of the discredited AFL, and worse how it treats the RFC.

There is not another industry in Australia, perhaps the world, that is charged with policing itself, while filling important positions that oversee this policing with people that have a direct and conflictual association with, in more recent times, the Geelong Football Club.

Hocking and the twin Scott are clear examples of a conflict of interest that should not be tolerated in any industry but is willfully accepted by the failed AFL administration.

As such, anything that comes out concerning the deliberate knocking out of Richmond’s best onballer, followed by the unprecedented allowing the game to continue, with Richmond down one player, and only stopped momentarily after Geelong scored a goal, will be “whitewashed” by the AFL that does not want any fair and transparent investigation into its manipulation of results. Particularly when it concerns and is favorably to the Geelong Football Club. We have all heard and seen the noise created by the AFL mouthpieces masquerading as journalists, trying desperately to water down the severity of the Stewart hit on Prestia!

The AFL is a corrupt and morally bankrupt organization that has been left to its own devices for far too long. It needs to be investigated by a third party that has the power and authority to implement the changes required to make the AFL transparent, devoid of conflictual appointments, with a more visual and vocal AFL commission that puts the integrity of the game before personal appointments of mates.

The place is rotten to its core!

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Salty should also appear at the tribunal where he should be asked what did he tell the players during his pre game address

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Excellent thread.

These issues are protected from public attention for the reasons you've highlighted.

Sticky?

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
AFL mouth pieces or a s s lickers?
Its simple if they speak out against Gill the Dill they lose their AFL media pass and will be out of a job
So it’s in their best interests to only convey AFL directives and nothing else
Sad but so true. It is the same in any media supported by a sports governing body. A sort of denial of free speech and opinion if you value your payday

Reactions: 2 users

immorta

~~we are eternal all this pain is an illusion~~
Mar 31, 2005
Melbourne
I don't know why I do it to myself but tuned into AFL 360 tonight, Whateley is unwatchable.

So much so I have just cancelled my Kayo subscription, no more hard earned to either the AFL or Murdoch.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users

tiger76

Tiger Superstar
Mar 26, 2014
I don't know why I do it to myself but tuned into AFL 360 tonight, Whateley is unwatchable.

So much so I have just cancelled my Kayo subscription, no more hard earned to either the AFL or Murdoch.
I couldn’t stomach him off the bat; there’s something profoundly weaselly about him. He could have easily been a Stasi informant in another time.

I enjoy not watching or listening to him.

Reactions: 3 users

Tigerdangerous

Tigerdangerous
Aug 30, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
Tom Stewart is no martyr and as the biased AFL media went into overdrive telling the world what a fine individual he is – led by his manipulative and sly coach who is in the fortunate situation of having his twin brother working in the AFL Football operations department overseeing in part umpiring, and the match review office while the former manipulator at AFL House Hocking is now the CEO at Geelong – the nepotism and conflict of interests just does my head in!

Such a deliberate and pre-mediated “hit” on Prestia deserved a min 6 weeks. The screaming AFL media yelled for days that it was worth 4 weeks and guess what – 4 weeks he got!

Geelong has a long history of taking out players; more so in recent history which is NEVER touched on by the lame media that covers the AFL.

And I’m fed up with Hardwick playing a well-rounded, politically correct individual that always praises the opposition. He’s like a broken record and his predictable monologue after each game achieves nothing with the AFL.