AFLW Tigers v Cats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFLW Tigers v Cats

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Another must win game. I don't think Geelong are at our level, I reckon we are (or need to be) a couple of notches above their level. If we aren't better than the likes of Geelong it looks to be little progress this year.

DS

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Bloody hell. Just got home and tuned in. We’re getting belted by Geelong who’ve only won one game ? On our home turf ?

Geepers.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Putrid. Ella being hard tagged, Conti going well, Lynch trying hard but we've got very little else.

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Bloody hell. Just got home and tuned in. We’re getting belted by Geelong who’ve only won one game ? On our home turf ?

Geepers.

Without doubt, the worst we have defended within 20m of our goals all year.

They have put us under a lot of pressure, but with McKenzie being tagged, and Conti under pressure, missing Lavey has really hurt us. Molan in for Lavey is :vomit

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Reid is a huge concern for mine.

Mine too. Even at the end there, a simple pick up off the ground and she never ever looked like picking the ball up cleanly. Slow and poor ball handling ability doesn't bode well.

We were playing 3 players down today, with Reid, Molan and Chuot in the team.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Mine too. Even at the end there, a simple pick up off the ground and she never ever looked like picking the ball up cleanly. Slow and poor ball handling ability doesn't bode well.

We were playing 3 players down today, with Reid, Molan and Chuot in the team.
Exactly. And that was the second time she did that in the second half. She looks slow, fumbly with little athleticism ….and I’m not sure she’s in that great a shape either. Huge concerns for a pick 5 or whatever she was.

Batchelor Party

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 25, 2011
USA
Aside from adding talent, I hope the next phase in coaching is teaching game awareness. Adjusting your kick for the breeze so it doesn't go out on the full, conceding a point rather than bringing the ball back into play on the goal line, letting the player running towards goal attack the ball instead of colliding into each other. Frustrating when you see the effort some players are putting in.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Exactly. And that was the second time she did that in the second half. She looks slow, fumbly with little athleticism ….and I’m not sure she’s in that great a shape either. Huge concerns for a pick 7.

When you look at the 3 I mentioned. I can give Chuot a pass (out of position and she's not that good), but having Molan and Reid in the complete passenger field is very concerning. Not what you expect from high draft picks.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
When you look at the 3 I mentioned. I can give Chuot a pass (out of position and she's not that good), but having Molan and Reid in the complete passenger field is very concerning. Not what you expect from high draft picks.
Indeed.

My view, watching a bunch of other games, is that we fall away very very badly after our top 7 or 8 players. In fact, I think our bottom 5 or 6 players each week might be some of the least talented in the league.

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Indeed.

My view, watching a bunch of other games, is that we fall away very very badly after our top 7 or 8 players. In fact, I think our bottom 5 or 6 players each week might be some of the least talented in the league.

I compare those 2 (Molan and Reid) to Meg McDonald, and think we have a better player in a sign on player than we did with top 10 draft picks.

Very concerning.

I'm not sure some of our players are quite as bad as you state, but we certainly need a few more stars. Top draft picks get them right??

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
Cats did to us what we did to the Eagles. Basically win the game with a session of high scoring. Disappointing. McKenzie invisible. Conti on fire

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I compare those 2 (Molan and Reid) to Meg McDonald, and think we have a better player in a sign on player than we did with top 10 draft picks.

Very concerning.

I'm not sure some of our players are quite as bad as you state, but we certainly need a few more stars. Top draft picks get them right??
There needs to be a bit of a review of our drafting. I don’t think you can accept two very early draft picks looking so out of their depth without challenging the process somewhat.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
We smashed the cats last year. Missing some key players but just can't get my head around how we got it so wrong and seemed to have gone backwards.

Although at least Brennan kept her streak going.